2021 Patriots Draft

m haynes

On 1/5/2021 at 12:03 AM, Crimmage said:

Ha.. imagine how much chaos would occur in this forum if this is how the 1st round went ... 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/2021-nfl-mock-draft-patriots-miss-out-first-round-quarterback

Totally possible.. but I feel it's unlikely they go that route

I don't hate it if it is a good value for the 15 spot and the player is good. I love BPA philosophy. Just not trading down for a BPA at that point EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

As they mention, Greg Rousseau is an option there and I think worth considering. Chandler Jones? Not quite, but fairly reliable and the rare tweener that can play linebacker just as well as defensive end at a above average starter level. Rousseau also has the athletic length, experience, and instinct to kick inside on the line.

Proubably prefer Rousseau there because the Pats are better at finding offensive lineman than just about any other position in the draft.

54 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Smith is probably going ahead of Waddle but give me Waddle for the NFL please, thank you.

Agreed, if he is healthy Waddle can completely change an offense. 

Look at how much Ruggs changed the Raiders offense just by being on the field.. Waddle would do the same

40 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Agreed, if he is healthy Waddle can completely change an offense. 

Look at how much Ruggs changed the Raiders offense just by being on the field.. Waddle would do the same

IMO  Waddle would give you more than than Ruggs in the Pats system.  You can line him up any where.  I see him as a Tereek Hill type player.

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

IMO  Waddle would give you more than than Ruggs in the Pats system.  You can line him up any where.  I see him as a Tereek Hill type player.

I totally agree, if he stays healthy he will be AMAZING at the next level. 

If he is there at 15 I'd be all over taking him.. if BB really loves a QB so badly at that point make a trade and jump back up into the 1st round...I think it's 50/50 Waddle is gone but if he is there you need to strongly consider it.

3 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

I totally agree, if he stays healthy he will be AMAZING at the next level. 

If he is there at 15 I'd be all over taking him.. if BB really loves a QB so badly at that point make a trade and jump back up into the 1st round...I think it's 50/50 Waddle is gone but if he is there you need to strongly consider it.

You know I'm a old timer so don't laugh. Waddle has the same gait as the great Gale Sayers. 👀

12 hours ago, m haynes said:

I think Rondale Moore is you Hill type player. Or maybe Toney from Florida.

This WR class is so loaded, it's a real possibility that a really talented receiver could fall to us in the 2nd round. I would not be upset at all though if the best QB available at 15 is Jones or Trask so they decide to go WR at 15.

We just need play-makers. Desperately. I would rather go the FA route, but we just need to add as many as we can. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I think Rondale Moore is you Hill type player. Or maybe Toney from Florida.

This WR class is so loaded, it's a real possibility that a really talented receiver could fall to us in the 2nd round. I would not be upset at all though if the best QB available at 15 is Jones or Trask so they decide to go WR at 15.

We just need play-makers. Desperately. I would rather go the FA route, but we just need to add as many as we can. 

Oh ya,👍  Moore is my favorite at WR at 15.  I mentioned Waddle because I'm a happy camper if we pick one of them. Let say they are neck and neck on my big board.😁

Just now, m haynes said:

Oh ya,👍  Moore is my favorite at WR at 15.  I mentioned Waddle because I'm a happy camper if we pick one of them. Let say they are neck and neck on my big board.😁

ADDED     I hate FLA GATOR especially WR. You try to name one the was successful in the NFL.  There been plenty of Jags and washouts.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

I see agility but not the elite speed and acceleration of Tyreek Hill in Rondale Moore. Just another decent receiver that is overvalued.

Moore ran a time of 4.33 seconds in the 40-yard dash. He also clocked a 4.01-second time in the shuttle and leaped to a 42.7-inch vertical jump.

https://247sports.com/Article/Rondle-Moore-Purdue-football-wide-receiver-2021-NFL-Draft-comparison-Tyreek-Hill-Chiefs-150558929/