BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Then I couldn't 3Up Hendrickson anymore.  Working under Saleh isn't enough reason to give up draft capital and get worse on the edge.

Oh, tell your girl that we got our Girl Scout cookies and they are awesome.  Thank her very much.

No, thank you. Much appreciated.

9 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Then I couldn't 3Up Hendrickson anymore.  Working under Saleh isn't enough reason to give up draft capital and get worse on the edge.

While I would delighted to see you spend a 3 Up on him, I do not understand why you think anyone would spend over 10k/year on Trey Hendrickson.

9 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Cause he is 26 and had 13.5 sacks and 12 TFL last year.

9 hours ago, Blue said:

He's 26 and had 6.5 sacks in his previous 30 games.

More than that, this is what I'd be concerned about with him:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

More than that, this is what I'd be concerned about with him:

Yeah, I saw that in his signing thread.  By that same measure, Lawson also has only 11.5 sacks over the last 3 seasons.  I know sack numbers aren't the end-all-be-all by any means(neither is a PFF stat), but in today's NFL, you can find metrics to justify or nitpick just about any signing.  

He might end up a Vic Beasley-type that I 3Down in a couple years.  He have double digit sacks the duration of the contract.  None of us know.

(Side note, Cam Jordan was not himself last year, so that aspect doesn't mean quite what it would have a couple years ago).

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Yeah, I saw that in his signing thread.  By that same measure, Lawson also has only 11.5 sacks over the last 3 seasons.  I know sack numbers aren't the end-all-be-all by any means(neither is a PFF stat), but in today's NFL, you can find metrics to justify or nitpick just about any signing.  

He might end up a Vic Beasley-type that I 3Down in a couple years.  He have double digit sacks the duration of the contract.  None of us know.

(Side note, Cam Jordan was not himself last year, so that aspect doesn't mean quite what it would have a couple years ago).

By no means am I sold on Hendrickson being a one year wonder (refuses the urge to post "That Thing You Do" gif), but there is some cause for pausing, especially in light of the secondary that he was afforded in New Orleans in light of where he's currently headed. Is he a guy entering his prime who is "figuring it out", or is he the byproduct of great coverage, other guys getting a lot of attention, New Orleans being ahead so much that other teams were passing the ball constantly against them as opposed to the AFC North where he has to play Cleveland and Baltimore 2 times each...it's hard to say.

That said:

giphy.gif

tenor.png

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

In sack numbers, maybe. He still did everything at a high level.

• Like 1