Blue quit.

I traded for him.

Then I traded him.

Now Blue trades to get him back.

I just can't quit Preston

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

S Patrick Chung just announced his retirement 

Makes the Mills signing make more sense. Mills-McCourty safety duo, probably draft some random late-round dude in the 2nd to fill out the depth chart.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blue said:

Makes the Mills signing make more sense. Mills-McCourty safety duo, probably draft some random late-round dude in the 2nd to fill out the depth chart.

I'm going to be intrigued to see if any team bites on that 2nd Round tender that New England placed on their young CB yesterday...

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I'm going to be intrigued to see if any team bites on that 2nd Round tender that New England placed on their young CB yesterday...

Same, I don't think they will because of the depth of the CB class and the price tag required to obtain him. Still an interesting possibility.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Same, I don't think they will because of the depth of the CB class and the price tag required to obtain him. Still an interesting possibility.

I'm 50/50 on the Browns doing it tbh. It would be a late 2nd Round pick and fill an immediate void. They'd have a great CB tandem with him and Ward, and then Greedy Williams as depth or in the slot coming off of his injury, to go with that S trio of Johnson, Harrison, and Delpit.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

They have Kyle Dugger last year's 2nd rounder that replaced Chung already.

Mills was hired to replace Jason McCourty and fill in where needed in the secondary.

Interestingly enough Mills $6M avg is only $1M more than the 6 year older Jason McCourty over the last 2 years. So it's not really that far out a value.

Edited by SirA1

6 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

They have Kyle Dugger last year's 2nd rounder that replaced Chung already.

Mills was hired to replace Jason McCourty and fill in where needed in the secondary.

I figured Dugger would be a third safety/linebacker hybrid.

7 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

The 2021 BDL RFA period starts on Monday. There should be a thread up later this week.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HAj07vCoa_nY2M49a5Te1Qpk-H06AuoQQp6MsAUUIRs/edit#gid=977915647

@Pickle Rick @RuskieTitan @rackcs @samsel23

Not sure if you have any moves to make but the deadline would be this Sunday.

Yeah, I'm just not tendering my one guy. Thanks for the reminder though.

• Like 2