BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

6 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Hi Mike. Thanks for taking the time.  I don't think what u did worked as we hoped. Might be best to go back to what we had unless we can use the by week thing to fix it. I'd rather show less dudes on IR then have guys who've been back for weeks still IR listed 

Right...let me mess with it to see if I cant work something if not I'll revert it back.

There is some other options like by team.  I want to see how those look.

@bcb1213 

Could you and anyone else willing to help out take a look at this?

Spotrac has two different lists for IR.  

Current List By Player

Cumulative Season By Player

The current list doesn't show Giants Andrew Thomas on IR but the cumulative list does.  However the problem is that once they hit the cumulative list, they don't come off.  Nick Gates isn't even showing up on the current list.  So I really think using the cumulative list would be the better option but it's a massive listing that players aren't removed once they come off.  

I was thinking that the weeks column might help remove names that are no longer on IR but the weeks column looks to be the week that they were injured, which doesn't really help.

So how do you guys want to roll with this?

There is one other way to do this but it requires manually collecting data each week from the 32 teams.  I could set it up but again someone would need to collect this data each week.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@bcb1213 

Could you and anyone else willing to help out take a look at this?

Spotrac has two different lists for IR.  

Current List By Player

Cumulative Season By Player

The current list doesn't show Giants Andrew Thomas on IR but the cumulative list does.  However the problem is that once they hit the cumulative list, they don't come off.  Nick Gates isn't even showing up on the current list.  So I really think using the cumulative list would be the better option but it's a massive listing that players aren't removed once they come off.  

I was thinking that the weeks column might help remove names that are no longer on IR but the weeks column looks to be the week that they were injured, which doesn't really help.

So how do you guys want to roll with this?

There is one other way to do this but it requires manually collecting data each week from the 32 teams.  I could set it up but again someone would need to collect this data each week.

Current list sadly. For our purposes it's better to manually put guys on IR then have to take them off 

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Current list sadly. For our purposes it's better to manually put guys on IR then have to take them off 

Right...

I've got one more idea, basically it would pull the listing from the team site, if I can get it to work.  It would fix it I believe.

Take a look at this team site for the Giants.  It list all the IR players below the active list.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/cap/

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I am open to trading Calvin Ridley but I will tell you up front anything that does not include the 1st round pick will not be considered

1.  I hope he gets his mind where he needs it to be.

2.  He removed any trade value.

• Like 1