GDT: Wildcard Playoffs: Ravens @ Titans

TitanLegend

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Well not that they mean anything, but Skip and Shannon think it's all Baltimore.
Pretty much all NFL network except one feels it's Baltimore.
ESPN is leaning all Baltimore.

I mean they aren't saying it's a run away but they feel with great certainty that it's Baltimore's game to lose. 

But like I said, it's not like they are final say or anything. I was just saying that if you listen long enough they can convince you that Titans don't stand a chance or I guess it could go the other way too. Read enough or watch enough videos you think Derrick Henry will run for 400000 yards Sunday. lol

I'm just hoping the Titans don't embarrass themselves. Our defense is so bad. 

Stephen A and Emmanuel Acho got our back!

8 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

I expect Long to make some plays this weekend. 

I think Long being in this game is HUGE! He wasn’t in the first game, he was in the playoff game. I love Brown but I believe Long is better suited to play against the Ravens and stop the run. Evans, Long and Compton is a dangerous tackling crew against the run. You just opened my eyes to that and gave me more confidence! Like this!

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 2:52 PM, KingTitan said:

Well not that they mean anything, but Skip and Shannon think it's all Baltimore.
Pretty much all NFL network except one feels it's Baltimore.
ESPN is leaning all Baltimore.

I mean they aren't saying it's a run away but they feel with great certainty that it's Baltimore's game to lose. 

But like I said, it's not like they are final say or anything. I was just saying that if you listen long enough they can convince you that Titans don't stand a chance or I guess it could go the other way too. Read enough or watch enough videos you think Derrick Henry will run for 400000 yards Sunday. lol

I'm just hoping the Titans don't embarrass themselves. Our defense is so bad. 

Go back to what they said last year. Srs NO ONE said we had a chance. Zero chance. And what happened? Hope they keep that same energy. 

But I WIll say the ravens players aren't sleeping on us this year. And they've won 5 in s row with no bye So no excuses for them  

Im so ready. 

Edited by VY-FTW
  • Like 1

So looking for reasons to be optimistic about this game.

Can they run all over us? 
They are the 32nd ranked passing game.
They attempt to pass the ball the least amount in the league. 
They turn the ball over on offense the 5th most in the league.
Despite being last in the league in passing they allow the 19th most Sacks.

Titans vs. some of the leagues best defenses.
Ravens: Allowed the 2nd fewest points in the league-- Titans Scored: 30 (W)
Steelers: Allowed the 3rd fewest points in the league--Titans Scored: 24 (L)
Colts: Allowed the 10th fewest points in the league---- Titans Scored 17(L)/Titans Scored 45 (W)
Packers: Allowed the 12th fewest points in the league- Titans scored 14 (L)
Bears:  Allowed the 13th fewest points in the league---Titans scored 24(W)
Bills: Allowed the 16th fewest points in the league----  Titans scored: 42(W) 

Titans were 4-3 vs top 20 defenses.
7-2 vs. Defenses out of the top 20. (W)-Texans x2. Jag x2, Lions, Broncos, Vikings
L-vs Browns, Bengals

Titans are winless (1-4) if they fail to score 20 points or less. Out of 16 games, Titans failed to score 20 points only 3 times. 
Titans have scored 30 points or more 10 times. (62.5% of the time). They have only lost one game when scoring at least 30 points (35 vs. Browns).

Titans defense in Game Winning Drive situations:
In 4 situations where the opposing team had the ball with the chance to win the game (Texans, Vikings, Jags, Ravens) they are 4-0. Meaning if the other team is going to go for the win, we have come out victorious ( not counting game tying plays like Ravens and Texans that sent us to OT). 

Titans defense has allowed 10 points or fewer in the 2nd half of games,  7 times (Broncos, Bills, Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Colts, Jaguars). In those games we are 5-2. In those 2 losses, it was by a touchdown or less.

So what is all this saying? I dunno. I'm just looking for some hope and I had some time to look all this up. LOL

But I think it says that if we score 30 we have a great chance to win.
If our defense starts slow but picks it up to where they allow 10 points or fewer in the 2nd half, we have a great chance to win.
If our defense is on the field and needing to make a stop to win the game, were have a great chance to win the game ( as crazy as that sounds). 

• Like 1

It means we play way better with a lead. Take the ball and try to jump on them early. If we can make the Ravens make a mistake early, especially Lamar, he’s going to be rattled. Defense needs to make some plays early and they’ll secure us the game of the offense is clicking like usual. 

• Like 1

Our defense is what it is, but if they could somehow find it in them to become a “opportunistic” defense for four games, it could be enough to do the unthinkable and win it all. If we could win the turnover battles and force multiple turnovers each game, it may be enough with our offense.

The margin for error is basically at zero for the D. Every fumble, we have to pounce on. Every possible interception, needs to be caught. Every potential sack, has to be completed. Same with tackles for loss. No dumb penalties(looking at you Rashaan Evans).

I’ve never wanted to be more wrong about anything than with how I feel about this defense going into the playoffs.

• Like 3