GDT: Wildcard Playoffs: Ravens @ Titans

TitanLegend

Some Twitter chatter is since the Ravens has switched the running game to more of a gap scheme opposed to a zone scheme it is going to be defining thing that seals the victory for the Ravens.

Saying it could get ugly in favor of the Ravens.

Seems like more and more are calling it for Baltimore. 

Our pass defense has been trash. But outside of the Green Bay game, I can't think of a game where we just didn't stop the running game. And even in Green Bay it didn't feel that bad outside of a couple gash plays. It's always been the pass that has killed us. 

48 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Some Twitter chatter is since the Ravens has switched the running game to more of a gap scheme opposed to a zone scheme it is going to be defining thing that seals the victory for the Ravens.

Saying it could get ugly in favor of the Ravens.

Seems like more and more are calling it for Baltimore. 

Our pass defense has been trash. But outside of the Green Bay game, I can't think of a game where we just didn't stop the running game. And even in Green Bay it didn't feel that bad outside of a couple gash plays. It's always been the pass that has killed us. 

Yea I saw that tweet. Whatever. Everybody's got a plan, till King 2k gets rolling and Lamar Jackson starts throwing. I want to 3 peat the Ravens so bad. I will believe the Ravens can beat us when they beat us. Lamar has not. I see us getting off to a hot start.

27 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Yea I saw that tweet. Whatever. Everybody's got a plan, till King 2k gets rolling and Lamar Jackson starts throwing. I want to 3 peat the Ravens so bad. I will believe the Ravens can beat us when they beat us. Lamar has not. I see us getting off to a hot start.

Good counter to that tweet

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

Can anyone shed insight on Jonnu Smith's Jekyl & Hyde performances? I really like him this week OVER 28.5 receiving yards, but his targets and play really fluctuates. 

He is staying in to help block more because we lost our Starting LT and then the Backup LT.  On our 3rd LT.  That has been the main reason. 
Look for him more in the redzone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

Can anyone shed insight on Jonnu Smith's Jekyl & Hyde performances? I really like him this week OVER 28.5 receiving yards, but his targets and play really fluctuates. 

Since Lewan has been out he’s been used as a blocker a whole hell of a lot. His looks are few and far between. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Good counter to that tweet

This guy broke that down amazingly. This is some great stuff. Insta follow. I think this game is more simple than people think, the Ravens can do two things to win to me, most importantly if they slow Henry they win, something they have not done. Another way the Ravens can win is if Lamar can sustain AND put up points in the redzone with his arm in key moments. I don't see them slowing Henry, sorry I just don't see it. Lamar has to prove it to me. Could I be wrong yes, but I a more confident in the consistency of Henry, and the fact that most of the time he balls out in the playoffs. The Ravens are simply not built to beat us.

It won't be easy to slow down the Ravens offense as they are effective. However, we have been able to do it in the past but the Ravens are hot right now.

For all the talk about Ravens going to win (I actually do think its very likely sadly due to our sieve defense) Lamar still has the same issues he has had all along.

You take away the inside and his inside run and make him throw to the outside receivers, and he is just simply not that good at it. No offense to Ravens fans but only a true homer would not admit that is true. Lamar is just not that good passing outside against competent defenses.

However, our defense is so bad it may not matter. We also have no pass rush to speak of.

Obviously hoping the Titans can overcome their crap defense and gameplan well for Lamar. It's 50/50 to me who wins this game at this point.

Henry is going to have a harder time running this time around as the Ravens got some guys back on the D line. Tannehill going to have to step up.

Man, I just dont know.

Against a team that is somewhat competitive, the Ravens haven't been dominating.

They are very good team.

But...

Lost to Chiefs, Steelers twice and then us. 
Barley beat the Eagles, Patriots, Browns.
The Giants game they ran crazy, but wasn't a blow out. Defense got after a bad Giants offense. 
Beat the Colts with that crazy INT call and then fumble TD return. 

They changed up since our game offensive wise. 
But the talent is still the same. 

I just can't see them blowing us out. If it is close I like our chances. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Man, I just dont know.

Against a team that is somewhat competitive, the Ravens haven't been dominating.

They are very good team.

But...

Lost to Chiefs, Steelers twice and then us. 
Barley beat the Eagles, Patriots, Browns.
The Giants game they ran crazy, but wasn't a blow out. Defense got after a bad Giants offense. 
Beat the Colts

They changed up since our game offensive wise. 
But the talent is still the same. 

I just can't see them blowing us out. If it is close I like our chances. 

We would have to turn the ball over multiple times for a blowout, or just make stupid mistakes early, Tannehill and Henry have proved they really don't do that for the most part. If you look at our losses that were blowouts, against the Packers, Colts, Browns and Bengals we made stupid mistakes early that put our d in bad position. And we know we can't do that to our d. 

Edited by twotonebluenation