Playoffs Gameday Thread: WFT vs Tompa

MKnight82

One thing I will say is hopefully vs the Bucs on Saturday our receivers don’t fall down multiple times during the game. This has been a problem all year and on one of Alex’s ints last Sunday night vs the Eagles Logan Thomas fell down, on the TD pas Alex threw to Terry, the slot WR - Steven Sims I guess? - fell down on his route and there were probably other examples. 

We’ve also seen receivers fall down on routes in other games, one that definitely sticks in my mind is McKissic falling down in the red zone simultaneously when Alex was throwing to him and the pass went straight to the Giants LB for a back breaking int which is one of the reasons of the half a dozen that we lost that game!

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Stat I just heard on the Junkies is that Tom Brady owns JDR defenses. JDR is 1-9 vs Tom Brady & his defenses have given up 25 TDs to just 1 int.

It's a disturbing stay & pattern & you guys know how I look at this stuff.

But it's not all bad for us, either.

Tom Brady's record playing night games, is not very good surprisingly. He apparently plays better in your afternoon games, then late or primetime games. Interestingly enough, as Superbowls are borderline during this time.

Also, Bucs have won 11 games this year. If I'm correct, only 1 had a winning record or was a playoff team. I'll have to look at this stuff, as I cannot confirm this.

So....let's take a breathe & enjoy the ride.

Oh...1 more juicy nugget for you guys.

Rivera has played/faced Bruce Arians twice in the Playoffs. Rivera is 2-0. 🤓

Just things to think about giving you hope. 

30 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

It's a disturbing stay & pattern & you guys know how I look at this stuff.

But it's not all bad for us, either.

Tom Brady's record playing night games, is not very good surprisingly. He apparently plays better in your afternoon games, then late or primetime games. Interestingly enough, as Superbowls are borderline during this time.

Also, Bucs have won 11 games this year. If I'm correct, only 1 had a winning record or was a playoff team. I'll have to look at this stuff, as I cannot confirm this.

So....let's take a breathe & enjoy the ride.

Oh...1 more juicy nugget for you guys.

Rivera has played/faced Bruce Arians twice in the Playoffs. Rivera is 2-0. 🤓

Just things to think about giving you hope. 

How many games did we win this year? Did our division have a winning record in it? Is Washington good in Primetime games? We’ve been one of the worst teams the last 20 years in Primetime games.

The only positive in your post is that Rivera has a 2-0 record vs Arians in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

How many games did we win this year? Did our division have a winning record in it? Is Washington good in Primetime games? We’ve been one of the worst teams the last 20 years in Primetime games.

The only positive in your post is that Rivera has a 2-0 record vs Arians in the playoffs.

You've got a point, turtle. 

But this team doesn't feel like the Washington Redskins of old & last 20+ years.

It has a different feel to it. They win in crunch time.

The defense doesn't lay down in the 4th Qtr.

Did any of you guys notice the very first play vs Eagles Sunday night when they had the ball? A long fade bomb....

In normal years, that was Desean Jackson streaking for 70 yard td. Remember the eagles/Michael Vick massacre game?

My point it...were all having Redskins flashbacks from manusky led defenses, unprepared offenses & miscommunication from all phases of the game. Not to mention Redskins teams if recent past, that looked like they just simply quit on the field.

Embarrassing performances...

This is the Washington Football Team, now.

And "We Won....Not Done" is our mantra.

Our team has swagger & were kicking ***.

Sure, we're gonna be underdogs throughout this whole thing.

But quite honestly, I'm not afraid for this team to play anybody.

Yea, we may lack talent in areas teams will exploit.

But they're going to get a fight!

We're not laying down for anybody.

Chase Young says he wants Brady..?

Let's let him feast! 😎 I know one thing...Wirffs had a great season. He better have it Saturday Night also, cause Chase is coming &  so is Sweat.

Edited by aceinthehouse

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

To be fair we had 3 spotlight games this where we was only game on at time
We were 3-0 in them games

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

If I knew how to do that, I’d play the mega millions! Haha 😂 

I would rather you guys win the game than you win the mega millions... sorry lol but if you win I would be okay with...I guess.