Vikings OC Gary Kubiak to retire

Forge

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

Zimmer is 0-5 on the OC side, would you sign up to be next OC knowing your career depends on Kirk Cousins for the next 2 seasons ?

Norv Turner
Pat Shurmur
John DeFelippo
Kevin Stefanski
Kubiak
?

Yeah, but didn't Shurmur and Stefanski leave for head coaching gigs? I can't remember on Shurmur, but I think that he did. 

40% head coach promotion rate the last 5 years is pretty solid lol. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Zimmer is 0-5 on the OC side, would you sign up to be next OC knowing your career depends on Kirk Cousins for the next 2 seasons ?

Norv Turner
Pat Shurmur
John DeFelippo
Kevin Stefanski
Kubiak
?

Minnesota had a very good offenses with Shurmur, Stefanski and Kubiak. Cousins has been good, but not great. He's being overpaid but besides the first month of this season he's never been a liability. Even with his funk, he's still very likely a consensus top 15 QB in the NFL. Saying we are 0-5 with the OC position is silly. 

Both Shurmur and Stefanski left for HC jobs.

What are you talking about?

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

yeah, but didn't Shurmur and Stefanski leave for head coaching gigs?

fair enough.
There was dissent when Norv Turner left, but not for those guys and Stefanski is killing it in CLE
Its also reasonable to point out that Kubiak is a very- well respected coach and his retirement wasn't performance-related.

36 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Norv Turner
Pat Shurmur
John DeFelippo
Kevin Stefanski
Kubiak
?

Uh, Kirk Cousins is pretty good.

Aren't you a DVOA guy? He's been in the top 10 the past 2 years in DVOA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nzd07 said:

So long as we bring in someone who runs a zone blocking scheme we'll be fine offensively. Zimmer needs to fix that defense and we need a new kicker.

Wouldn't you guys just promote Rick Dennison given he runs the same offense if that's the plan?

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

I was hoping if the Vikings staff got let go that we'd target him if someone hired Smith away from us.

Such a great offensive mind.

I always thought he was over hyped I valued him as a head coach seemed to be a stabilizing presence while also being very patient.

His offense seems to be archiach compared to Shanny, Mcvay , and Kevin S in cleveland.