2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Not with Fitz. Let’s get ourselves a real QB soon.

So here’s my @aceinthehouse thought for the year:

2. Trade Scherff & a 2nd for Julio Jones

2. Then, trade Da’Ron Payne, Ryan Fitzpatrick and two firsts for Aaron Rodgers.

This won’t happen but could you imagine having Rodgers to Julio, Terry & Samuel?

It would definitely make us a Super Bowl contender.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This won’t happen but could you imagine having Rodgers to Julio, Terry & Samuel?

I mean it would. For one or two seasons then we’re trying to retool. I’ve just tried to learn from other teams. That’s def some high power but contenuity matters. And I’d trade Allen before I’d trade payne. Payne is the better player with no injury history. I’d trade Allen Payne gets better push better tackler and he is going to be the one allowing Jamin to do his thing. Allen might be the vocal guy but Payne is the guy that gets the interior doubles and the better push. He’s the more explosive athelete.

The fact guys just talk about trading Payne and Tez so freely when they are about to be key to us being great baffles me. I know chase is a generational guy but Tez is literally a freak. We have literally let players go and them become amazing elsewhere. We literally have special players that we have have picked and developed and we want to let these guys go for other teams divas who are going to come in and cause just as much drama here. Like we finally have something special coming and yes you insert name X on paper yes we’re in contention.

But seriously that doesn’t mean they fit the culture. That doesn’t mean they can’t get hurt week one behind our unproven line. People are so QB crazy I’m sorry I don’t ride the wave from year to year. Brady has never been a top 5 paid QB. And his teams are always right there. Until you draft and find guys willing to take a cut less to keep guys you have nothing consistent. I don’t need these top paid all me guys that want all the say. There’s a reason they aren’t winning because they want all the money. I’m sorry I’ll take a deep team and try my luck every year finding a guy that fits them to just keep paying a guy that can’t overcome a deep team in the playoffs because there’s not enough around them no matter how special that one guy is he can’t beat 53 by himself

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Why would you give up that much for Julio? If they're asking for a 1st, and no one seems to be biting, don't give up a 1st+ in value. 

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Why would you give up that much for Julio? If they're asking for a 1st, and no one seems to be biting, don't give up a 1st+ in value. 

Personally, I would love to do the Julio for Scherff trade straight up, but I’m trying to live in reality. That’s very unlikely to happen.

Because we haven’t been able to sign Scherff and may ultimately lose him for one of the last picks in the 3rd round in 2023 and that’s only if we don’t sign a big time FA  next offseason.

Maybe we wouldn’t have to give a 2nd plus Scherff maybe it will be a 3rd or even later drsft pick but I’m trying to be realistic.

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I said in another thread throw out our 2nd, AGG and a 2023 4th. If they bite, they bite. If they don't, fine. 

I’d love for that to happen. I’m just looking at the Scherff situation and thinking we need to get value for him before we lose him.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Then I'd only offer Scherff. 

I think you have to do what you can short do trading a 1st & Scherff for Jones. 

The 50th pick & Scherff for Jones seems like a good trade to me.

Maybe Atlanta would throw back their 3rd or 4th. 

Would that do it for you? Moving back 32-64 spots in the draft but picking up Julio Jones while trading away Scherff seems fair to me.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I think you have to do what you can short do trading a 1st & Scherff for Jones. 

The 50th pick & Scherff for Jones seems like a good trade to me.

Maybe Atlanta would throw back their 3rd or 4th. 

Would that do it for you? Moving back 32-64 spots in the draft but picking up Julio Jones while trading away Scherff seems fair to me.

I'm really just in the boat of "here's my best offer". If it works, it works. If not, so be it. 

2nd + AGG or just Scherff. So be it if it doesn't happen. 

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm really just in the boat of "here's my best offer". If it works, it works. If not, so be it. 

2nd + AGG or just Scherff. So be it if it doesn't happen. 

I get it but if that’s it, then you’re essentially saying you’re also ok with losing Scherff for probably just a 3rd round comp pick in 2023. I’m more worried about that then I am worried about losing a 2nd rounder in the trade for Julio.

This is similar to the Portis-Bailey trade. Bailey wasn’t going to re-sign in DC so we had to throw in a 2nd rounder, our hands were tied if we wanted to have a pro bowl RB added.

Oh, and I’d definitely throw in AGG too as you said. Heck, they have came AGG and Harmon or Cam Sims. 

If we added Julio, it would make Dyami Brown our 5th WR.

Edited by turtle28