2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If they’re there. Tevin Jenkins could go higher to Tennessee, the NYJ or Pitt who all need OL help as well. I have the Ravens taking Gregory Rousseau in the mock I just turned in for Thai for the 1st round mock competition.

Also, the Ravens have a RT prospect who they took last year which made this trade easier for them. They took Trey Phillips in the 3rd round last year from Miss. St, he’s huge too 6’5, 330. 

I agree I actually think there’s enough smoke around Jenkins and his motor and tenacity that he goes somewhere around us. We will not know but I trust KC has a better feel for who they wanted the range said players will go and we’re comfortable making this move knowing this is a potential playoff matchup

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I agree I actually think there’s enough smoke around Jenkins and his motor and tenacity that he goes somewhere around us. We will not know but I trust KC has a better feel for who they wanted the range said players will go and we’re comfortable making this move knowing this is a potential playoff matchup

I think KC wanted to make the move because they needed a for sure starting LT and they get that with Orlando Brown, Jr. if they hadn’t made the trade there’s no telling which OTs prospects would be available for them at 31 and if the OL they would have drafted would have the ability to play LT at as high a level like Brown proved he could do last year.

Edited by turtle28

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Kyle Shanahan: No guarantee Jimmy Garoppolo will be alive or on roster Sunday

He’s a jerk! 

“I can’t guarantee that anybody in the world will be alive on Sunday, so I can’t guarantee who will be on our roster on Sunday,”

The media will take it anyway they want to, but this is the direct quote. 

Pretty much saying that Jimmy is as good as gone. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Fitzpatrick > Jimmy G and the 2nd rounder you wanna give up for him.

Fitz has only had 1 season in 16 years that even comes close to as good as Jimmy G had two years ago. That’s totally throwing out the playoffs record which I’ll agree that is more of a team stat.

And as far as I’m concerned the 2nd isn’t much if Jimmy G can make us efficient on offense which helps us get to where the 49ers were 2 years ago when they made it to the Super Bowl.

Edited by turtle28

I’m expecting the team to make a few moves for veterans now that the draft is over and we can see how the roster is shaping up. 

I think there are at least 2, and maybe 3, positions where we’ll see a move. The two obvious ones for me are TE and DE. As of now, the top reserve at each of those positions would be John Bates and James Smith-Williams. That won’t cut it for a team that has designs on repeating as division champ. If we lost any of those 3 starters, even for a short period of time, it would become a glaring, blaring, bright red siren of a hole for teams to attack. 

I think a reunion with Kerrigan makes overwhelming sense for both sides. We need him for the role he played last year, and while I respect his desire to seek out a starting gig, it’s clearly just not out there for him. Would he really rather fight for 700 snaps with someone like HOU or DET than get his 450 snaps here with us? I hope not. If not him, there is a surprising quantity of quality veteran DEs still out there: Justin Houston, Adrian Clayborn, Margus Hunt, Jabaal Sheard, Alex Okafor, Bruce Irvin, Trent Murphy, Everson Griffen, Ziggy Ansah, Vic Beasley, etc. I think there’s something approaching a 100% chance they add someone here.

At TE, the pickins are slimmer. I’ve mentioned Tyler Eifert in the past, and @turtle28 mentioned Jesse James recently. There are a couple other guys that might make some sense (Darren Fells, Trey Burton, MyCole Pruitt), but they presumably have to do something here. Unless they really are just going to roll with the overdrafted rookie and Ernest Hemingway. 

I also think there’s a fair chance they will sign Tre Boston, which of course I’ve been clamoring for for a long time. They didn’t really address FS with a starting option, and while that would make it a very crowded unit, they may want to have a real live competition. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Amazing- He was a SEVENTH rd pick in 2014. Started his second season. Fun to see these low draft pick success stories. 

Yep, happens every year! We’ll have this year again w/ Cheesman starting day 1!