2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

48 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t see him making the team. It’s one thing to be a great athlete but even Derek Carrier was a great athlete. It’s a totally different deal to be a TE and learn to block, run routes, catch with your hands etc. I enjoy the no-stone unturned approach but cutting Thaddeus Moss and then signing this guy was pretty silly.

Also, if you were going to do something like this why not just transition Steven Montez to TE? He has the size and he’s pretty fast. Let Logan Thomas work with him and help speed up his potential development. His background as a QB probably would help matters. Seemed to work for Jordan Reed and Logan Thomas. 

Moss was essentially born with the football silver spoon.  He was given every chance to be the guy, but he never was able to seize the opportunity.  He was decent that last year, but never excelled.  He is average at best measurables, smaller, slow, etc.  And the injuries.  He can't stay healthy.  There was a reason he went undrafted.  

I am fine with cutting bait and moving on.  I am with you, this new guy looks like even more of a lottery ticket but at least he has A+ measurables.  But really, I doubt cutting moss has to do with the other.  I mean they should be able to hold extra guys on the roster this time of year.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

If you’re the Ravens why would you help out the chiefs! SMH!

The Ravens don’t want to pay Brown bc they’ve already paid Stanley to be their LT, Brown wants to play LT. 

I agree I wouldn’t want to trade him to the Chiefs, but this may be far and away the best offer the Ravens got and if that’s the case you take the best offer.

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The Ravens don’t want to pay Brown bc they’ve already paid Stanley to be their LT, Brown wants to play LT. 

I agree I wouldn’t want to trade him to the Chiefs, but this may be far and away the best offer the Ravens got and if that’s the case you take the best offer.

IMO, I think you take a lesser offer not to help the team who’s the AFC favorite to make the Super Bowl glad the Chiefs are in the AFC! 😀

On 4/23/2021 at 4:04 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

If you’re the Ravens why would you help out the chiefs! SMH!

Because you got KC's first round pick, which makes it possible for them to move up to the middle of the first round should someone they like start falling, or give up KC's pick to move back into the second (or a 1st next year) should a team at the top of the second want to jump back up?

All for a guy they weren't going to pay anyway.

That's called smart.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Woz said:

Because you got KC's first round pick, which makes it possible for them to move up to the middle of the first round should someone they like start falling, or give up KC's pick to move back into the second (or a 1st next year) should a team at the top of the second want to jump back up?

That's called smart.

exactly, they weren’t going to keep Brown. Brown has made it clear he wants to play LT & LT only unless he had zero options to play LT in the NFL which would be unlikely. The Ravens already paid Stanley, the divorce was inevitable. Good for the Ravens that they traded a player who didn’t want to stay there... perhaps Washington should do the same with Scherff??

33 minutes ago, Woz said:

That's called smart.

They weren’t going to get an OT at 31 like Orlando Brown. I guess I’m dumb. 

37 minutes ago, Woz said:

That's called smart.

We have this guy named Brandon!!! Hopefully we’re watching this and we do the smart thing. I see no reason we can’t atleast get a really early second from a team and have that flexibility in the draft day two where I’d love to get a Wyatt Davis or a top talent from the bottom end of round one that fell. 

• Like 1

Just now, ARTMONK HOF said:

They weren’t going to get an OT at 31 like Orlando Brown. I guess I’m dumb. 

If they need a RT, Teven Collins could work just fine for them. Allows them to also possibly get someone like Kwity Paye as well.

7 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

We have this guy named Brandon!!! Hopefully we’re watching this and we do the smart thing. I see no reason we can’t atleast get a really early second from a team and have that flexibility in the draft day two where I’d love to get a Wyatt Davis or a top talent from the bottom end of round one that fell. 

Problem is that Brown is still cheap on his rookie contract, while Scherff is on a guarantee franchise tag contract. The Ravens traded him early; Washington, if they do trade him, will trade him late.

21 minutes ago, Woz said:

If they need a RT, Teven Collins could work just fine for them. Allows them to also possibly get someone like Kwity Paye as well.

I know Ravens were making what’s best for the organization decision but my point was just about helping KC. They don’t need it when they have Mahomes and your main hurdle to reach the Super Bowl. 
It was like a trade back getting the Ravens 2nd rd pick. They gave up their 3/4 rd picks. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

38 minutes ago, Woz said:

Problem is that Brown is still cheap on his rookie contract, while Scherff is on a guarantee franchise tag contract. The Ravens traded him early; Washington, if they do trade him, will trade him late.

True but there’s still a lot of teams picking QB’s early that maybe want a pro bowl Guard and have the cap space to make this type of move. We will see it’s just what I’m hoping

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woz said:

If they’re there. Tevin Jenkins could go higher to Tennessee, the NYJ or Pitt who all need OL help as well. I have the Ravens taking Gregory Rousseau in the mock I just turned in for Thai for the 1st round mock competition.

Also, the Ravens have a RT prospect who they took last year which made this trade easier for them. They took Trey Phillips in the 3rd round last year from Miss. St, he’s huge too 6’5, 330. 

Edited by turtle28