Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

59 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Y’all constantly attacking Easterbys faith is disgusting but since a mod is in on it I guess it’s allowed. 

For the record - I've scanned through 25 pages of this thread (374 replies) and found one post/instance of Easterby's faith being attacked. So, .2% of the responses in this thread actually attack his faith.

So, I would need your definition of "constantly" to continue researching this.

Given you're on ignore with me going forward, if you would like to continue this discussion, I would suggest taking it up with Webmaster.

Tks.

- ET

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Y’all constantly attacking Easterbys faith is disgusting but since a mod is in on it I guess it’s allowed. 

I don't recall anyone attacking his faith. I've seen people criticizing him using is faith as part of his hiring and firing decisions. I don't think it crossed any lines, however. If you have a specific comment in mind feel free to PM me to take another look. I'm not perfect an may have missed it. Whether a mod is part of the conversation or even the one that may have violated a rule is irrelevant. We actually tend to hold the mods to higher standards to avoid it escalating. Like I said, feel free to PM if there is a comment you believe goes too far.

-mse326

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LORK88 said:

If there was ever anything to confirm that Cal is truly Tommy Boy, this is it. 

At the beginning of this whole ordeal I really hoped that the Texans and Deshaun would work it out. But the more and more we find out about Cal and the way things are run here I hope he finds his way to a good team with good management. Who would want to waste their career and end up like Matt Stafford? Especially when you are good friends with Mahomes and he tells you how a good organization is run. My hope is that he ends up with Miami, I feel like they've built a good foundation with Flores down there. I just want this to be resolved and I can start being a fairweather Texans fan after going hardcore for them for 20 years. I'll be teamless and just support the players I like as if this were the NBA

Edited by ObotimusPrime
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm going with that because the Khan/Eberflus package is what Korn Ferry was selling up to Rootes/Cal until Easterby "went to pray" with Cal.

Given where we are now, I'd kill people to get that twosome.

If this is mocking his faith, then I apologize. It’s just not something ever used in sports to describe someone other than a minister who has gotten into the business. 

9 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

If this is mocking his faith, then I apologize. It’s just not something ever used in sports to describe someone other than a minister who has gotten into the business. 

I don't think anyone cares about his faith or how religious he is. We care about how is helping make influential business decisions based solely on his faith and limited experience. The perception of him is about creating a cult like culture within the locker room. That has no place in a work environment. 

That video of Sage discussing Cal is cringe worthy. Cal is a whack job

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Is it mocking if this is ...exactly what happened?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/16/texans-chaos-deshaun-watson-unhappy-how-jack-easterby-kept-his-job

The two were among the last people to leave NRG Stadium the night of the season-ending loss. And, according to multiple members of the organization, with the biggest decision for the franchise’s future looming—who would lead the team moving forward—word spread throughout the building that Easterby and McNair prayed for enlightenment.

If that's how Cal wants to come to his decision - as opposed to listening to a group of Executive Search experts who were paid handsomely for their insight - then so be it. It's his franchise, it's his organization. 

But it's not mocking anything if it's true - this is how it went down, for better or worse (and all signs point to it being worse). Rootes and the Texans felt like Omar Khan and Matt Eberflus was the best option for all, and even started negotiating with Khan - pretty much all the way up to when Adam Schefter/Ian Rappaport broke Caserio as the GM. 

Nothing I'm saying above is false. Nor is it meant to mock anything.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LORK88 said:

If there was ever anything to confirm that Cal is truly Tommy Boy, this is it. 

Full disclosure - if I was a billionaire with a football team, I'd be doing the exact same thing: Sitting on the floor (probably barefoot) playing video games in my office. I might have a gin and tonic next to me, rocking a pair of basketball shorts and a hoodie, a half eaten Subway sandwich right next to me. I'd totally be playing Warzone and talking some crazy trash to whoever I was killing.

With me, it's a good thing - because I'm leaving football decisions to football people. I've always advocated bringing in a football czar - a guy who ran a storied franchise, someone who knows how to make sound football decisions (think of Mike Holmgren or Mike Shanahan). Let them choose the GM/HC, delegate downwards to others, run the football ops - and I'll sit back, play some Mass Effect and watch my accounts grow.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Is it mocking if this is ...exactly what happened?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/16/texans-chaos-deshaun-watson-unhappy-how-jack-easterby-kept-his-job

The two were among the last people to leave NRG Stadium the night of the season-ending loss. And, according to multiple members of the organization, with the biggest decision for the franchise’s future looming—who would lead the team moving forward—word spread throughout the building that Easterby and McNair prayed for enlightenment.

If that's how Cal wants to come to his decision - as opposed to listening to a group of Executive Search experts who were paid handsomely for their insight - then so be it. It's his franchise, it's his organization. 

But it's not mocking anything if it's true - this is how it went down, for better or worse (and all signs point to it being worse). Rootes and the Texans felt like Omar Khan and Matt Eberflus was the best option for all, and even started negotiating with Khan - pretty much all the way up to when Adam Schefter/Ian Rappaport broke Caserio as the GM. 

Nothing I'm saying above is false. Nor is it meant to mock anything.

Then I apologize 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Would anyone here do Deshaun Watson for Russell Wilson? Straight up, no extra compensation for either...

I'd say no. Contracts are similar, but the big difference is age. Russ turns 33 this upcoming season, Deshaun turns 26. Considering we're looking at a rebuild, we'd be essentially wasting Wilson's remaining years. I'd rather trade with the Jets/Dolphins and draft a rookie. Yes, it's a bigger risk, but I'd rather have that as opposed to Russ keeping us mediocre at best for the next 3 years. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m a Fields over Wilson guy. But I won’t be pissed if Wilson is a Jet at all

I'm just not impressed with Fields. I like him, but... Eh, I think he needs time to really turn into something. (Similar to Trey Lance, but I feel like Lance brings a higher upside).

Wilson might have a higher upside along with a higher floor - but I'm not 100% sure either way.

Still, the Jets will have the assets available to surround whoever with some high end players. Much better than trying to fill in holes with Watson and no premium picks, IMO.

Just now, ET80 said:

I'm just not impressed with Fields. I like him, but... Eh, I think he needs time to really turn into something. (Similar to Trey Lance, but I feel like Lance brings a higher upside).

Wilson might have a higher upside along with a higher floor - but I'm not 100% sure either way.

Still, the Jets will have the assets available to surround whoever with some high end players. Much better than trying to fill in holes with Watson and no premium picks, IMO.

Yes after our GMs comments it does appear he isn't giving away picks easily. And that's what you guys need. So I think we're out on Watson. I think in the media we will always be linked. Which for us is good. Bc that will drive up the price for a team like MIA in our division. I also think you guys want that 2nd pick, so we will always be linked, regardless of how legit the rumor is.

Regarding the QBs. I just think the hype on Wilson has gotten out of hand. He's a year removed from a season that he probably would have gone Undrafted. He has a great season against bad competition. He plays with flare and has a quick release and I think people are falling in love with that.

Fields is safer. His ceiling might not be as high as Wilson. But his floor is quite a bit higher if you ask me. And the Jets aren't exactly in position to take a risk.