2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

9 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I don't know what it would take to get him but what do people think about going after Odell now that we have a serious need at wide out? I know the Browns need a corner. Maybe send Butler and a pick for Odell? 

I think that would be an absolutely terrible move.

We don't need someone like Odell.  We need a mediocre No. 2 and some depth.

Doing anything that would make our defense worse, especially to the degree that trading away Butler and a pick, for a player we'd hardly utilize would a great way to regress even further.

27 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think that would be an absolutely terrible move.

We don't need someone like Odell.  We need a mediocre No. 2 and some depth.

Doing anything that would make our defense worse, especially to the degree that trading away Butler and a pick, for a player we'd hardly utilize would a great way to regress even further.

A mediocre WR2 will absolutely set us back on offense. That would mean you would want someone worse than CD. I don't think Butler will get better than he was this year, I see him only declining at this point, he is 30. Why not get ahead of that, shell off his contract and pick up a potential game changing piece. This offense isn't going to grow by picking up mediocre players, we need to start planning for the moments that we can't depend on Henry. A player like Odell can elevate an offense. Tannehill isn't Baker or Eli, I believe he would work well with Odell.

Edited by twotonebluenation

9 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

A mediocre WR2 will absolutely set us back on offense. That would mean you would want someone worse than CD. I don't think Butler will get better than he was this year, I see him only declining at this point, he is 30. Why not get ahead of that, shell off his contract and pick up a potential game changing piece. This offense isn't going to grow by picking up mediocre players, we need to start planning for the moments that we can't depend on Henry. A player like Odell can elevate an offense. Tannehill isn't Baker or Eli, I believe he would work well with Odell.

Who cares?  We had the Number 1 scoring offense in the NFL.  We an afford a little regression, and we do not need to grow the offense.  Plus we now have Darrynton Evans coming into a season healthy, and still this guy Derrick Henry.  Spending money we don't have, and a pick, and getting rid of the only DB that was good on a bottom tier defense last year, only to get a WR we won't utilize that much is an objectively awful idea.

We can't afford regression on defense.  We have to improve if we want a chance, and we can't improve shipping away picks and our best DB from 2020 to get a diva WR to be our second option.

In your scenario, we now have an even worse defense, and now need to spend a high pick at CB (who would immediately be ready to start) just to get back to where we were (historically bad).  Oh, and we at best get to only spend a second rounder (if we get to keep it) at Edge.

That still has us as a historically bad defense.

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Who cares?  We had the Number 1 scoring offense in the NFL.  We an afford a little regression, and we do not need to grow the offense.  Plus we now have Darrynton Evans coming into a season healthy, and still this guy Derrick Henry.  Spending money we don't have, and a pick, and getting rid of the only DB that was good on a bottom tier defense last year, only to get a WR we won't utilize that much is an objectively awful idea.

We can't afford regression on defense.  We have to improve if we want a chance, and we can't improve shipping away picks and our best DB from 2020 to get a diva WR to be our second option.

In your scenario, we now have an even worse defense, and now need to spend a high pick at CB (who would immediately be ready to start) just to get back to where we were (historically bad).  Oh, and we at best get to only spend a second rounder (if we get to keep it) at Edge.

That still has us as a historically bad defense

Well I am glad you trust that we can just ride the back of Henry every year. I believe Henry is the reason we are the number one offense. He will not have that type of year again.

Why wouldn't you utilize Odell Beckham? What does that even mean? You want to continue to run run run? I want to elevate and transform the offense, to not have to depend and run Henry into the ground at every turn.

We were the borderline worst defense in the league with Butler. I would rather find a bargain free agent, lose a pick, and have a game changer like Odell, than sit here and possibly watch Butler age get worse and collect over 10 mil a year. His return in a trade will only diminish. We are holding that contract for another 2 years.

3 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Well I am glad you trust that we can just ride the back of Henry every year. I believe Henry is the reason we are the number one offense. He will not have that type of year again.

Why wouldn't you utilize Odell Beckham? What does that even mean? You want to continue to run run run? I want to elevate and transform the offense, to not have to depend and run Henry into the ground at every turn.

We were the borderline worst defense in the league with Butler. I would rather find a bargain free agent, lose a pick, and have a game changer like Odell, than sit here and possibly watch Butler age get worse and collect over 10 mil a year. His return in a trade will only diminish. We are holding that contract for another 2 years.

IMO we already have a WR better than Odell at this point in their careers. We need to feed him more, I don't think you send Malcolm and a pick for him personally. I'm cool with resigning Corey (I actually hope we do) or getting a 2nd tier WR 2. We need to feed AJ Brown more often to give Henry breathers not sign another guy to feed. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

IMO we already have a WR better than Odell at this point in their careers. We need to feed him more, I don't think you send Malcolm and a pick for him personally. I'm cool with resigning Corey (I actually hope we do) or getting a 2nd tier WR 2. We need to feed AJ Brown more often to give Henry breathers not sign another guy to feed. 

Yea I think AJ is better, he may have to really step up next year. My worry is I think Derrick will not be as affective next year and the offense needing to evolve. In my eyes I am thinking Super Bowl, and to beat a team like the Chiefs, Bills and Bucs you gotta put up points. Thinking that one free agency and draft is going to flip the defense from how terrible it was last year is not realistic. Of course we need to invest in our d, but at the same time we can't lose sight of where our strength is. If we lose what we got on offense it could be real bad. Just worried about the ripple affect of having Henry be not as dominant. 

Also it doesn't need to be Odell necessarily. But I think this is the most optimal time to trade Butler if possible. I like him but he ain't a player that is making our breaking this d. Maybe we got a d linemen or edge rusher out of it, maybe a linebacker? As bad as our d was, I think moving his contract to get something of need in return would be smart. Roll with Adoree, Fulton, Free Agent pickup, Draft pick.

Edited by twotonebluenation

7 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Yea I think AJ is better, he may have to really step up next year. My worry is I think Derrick will not be as affective next year and the offense needing to evolve. In my eyes I am thinking Super Bowl, and to beat a team like the Chiefs, Bills and Bucs you gotta put up points. Thinking that one free agency and draft is going to flip the defense from how terrible it was last year is not realistic. Of course we need to invest in our d, but at the same time we can't lose sight of where our strength is. If we lose what we got on offense it could be real bad. Just worried about the ripple affect of having Henry be not as dominant. 

Also it doesn't need to be Odell necessarily. But I think this is the most optimal time to trade Butler if possible. I like him but he ain't a player that is making our breaking this d. Maybe we got a d linemen or edge rusher out of it, maybe a linebacker? As bad as our d was, I think moving his contract to get something of need in return would be smart. Roll with Adoree, Fulton, Free Agent pickup, Draft pick.

Don't disagree with you at all. I think resigning Corey would suffice. The lady calling has to change to a more balanced attack especially when teams succeed in stopping Henry. I think he will regress as well I hope Downing is more flexible than Arthur. I would prefer they rework Malcolm to keep him but can see why they would move on as well. 

• Like 1

If they can convince Corey Davis to come back and a discounted rate and land a WR within the first two rounds, that would really double down on our passing game/offense.

You can get a good edge at #22 and a good WR in the 2nd. And add a guy in FA.

That enough would almost be an A+ off-season. 

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

If they can convince Corey Davis to come back and a discounted rate and land a WR within the first two rounds, that would really double down on our passing game/offense.

You can get a good edge at #22 and a good WR in the 2nd. And add a guy in FA.

That enough would almost be an A+ off-season. 

We need more than edge guy we need EDGE NT, DE & ILB bad