Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

1 minute ago, AFF said:

Payed a mid 1st for a top 5 guy at his position in the NFL with 4 years remaining on his rookie deal and was the biggest need the Steelers had at the time...dumb.

Wonder what he thought of Seattle paying 2 1st for Adams and having to pay him after 1 season.

Well he also said we need to pay Minkah and didn’t say squat about TJ when the list the flashed had Juju, Conner, Villy, Alualu as key FAs. We have 2-4 years of team control left on Minkah. If you let him know he’s getting paid after the 2021 season I bet he’s fine with it. 

He’s on the record of loving the Adams trade because that pick is guaranteed to be a late pick. Like I said, people still clutch their pearls over the Minkah trade because we were winless at the time. 

17 minutes ago, AFF said:

Steelers save $8mill with Pouncey retiring and have to eat $6.5 from previous restructures.

Steelers will be signing a vet C before the draft ....maybe Finney if he gets cut?

My heart can’t take another Sean Mahan like signing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AFF said:

maybe Finney if he gets cut?

I always thought his worse position was C, so I wouldn't be excited....but I do think its realistic as a stop gap. IMO C is more important this year than tackle in the draft. I view needs in two year cycles via the draft and C is sitting on year 2.

Glad Pouncey hung it up, but thankful for his years here. He was at his best on the move and I was a little bummed that we seemed to forget that about him over the last two years. Very strong pass blocker, great in space, and for a dude who played C below 3 bills he really held his own. Great career. Happy he did it here. Was a true weapon at C for a long time. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

My heart can’t take another Sean Mahan like signing. 

I don’t think anybody can.

You know as well as I do that they won’t leave that huge of a hole leading into the draft...no idea what the FA market looks like.

edit...I remember Alex Mack and Linsley are FAs but nothing else off the top of my head.

Edited by AFF

5 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I always thought his worse position was C, so I wouldn't be excited....but I do think its realistic as a stop gap. IMO C is more important this year than tackle in the draft. I view needs in two year cycles via the draft and C is sitting on year 2.

Glad Pouncey hung it up, but thankful for his years here. He was at his best on the move and I was a little bummed that we seemed to forget that about him over the last two years. Very strong pass blocker, great in space, and for a dude who played C below 3 bills he really held his own. Great career. Happy he did it here. Was a true weapon at C for a long time. 

Oh yea, he’s a pure stop gap for sure.

Gonna get interesting.

5 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

He did get a raw deal from fans on his abilities the last few years because they expected him to be something he wasn’t. 

We've now seen 3 of Bens best friends on the team retire the last few years in Ramon, Vance, Maurkice. I think VWill is one of the few guys left he’s really close with. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AFF said:

edit...I remember Alex Mack and Linsley are FAs but nothing else off the top of my head.

Just looked at the list, and I dont think its great for us. Not a lot of options on the south side of 30 and the quality guys are probably closer to $10M per than $5M. 

Gonna have to hop someone gets an axe before FA starts. 

In all seriousness to the un-seriousness that is JJ Watt coming to the Steelers this year....

If he was interested and he was affordable....boy, I just do it and figure it all out later. Dont care about not having a NT. Play Watt, Tuitt, and Heyward and figure it out. There is no such thing as a base defense with those dudes, just be whatever. 

7 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

In all seriousness to the un-seriousness that is JJ Watt coming to the Steelers this year....

If he was interested and he was affordable....boy, I just do it and figure it all out later. Dont care about not having a NT. Play Watt, Tuitt, and Heyward and figure it out. There is no such thing as a base defense with those dudes, just be whatever. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

This is where I am. You can afford to let Bud walk and not stress Highsmiths development if you got JJ because of his inside/outside ability. You can go 4 down with Heyward and Tuitt inside of a Watt sandwich. Or you can go 5 across with Tuitt between Heyward and JJ Watt. 

• Like 1