Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

out of boredom I looked up how many times the steelers had a top 10 pick since the merger and it came to 7 times(this is including trading up for Bush). The last time the steelers picked in the top 5 they drafted Greene in 69 and Bradshaw in 70.  its really been a lifetime since this team had a godawful season. This fanbase would go nuts if we ever have a 2-14/3-13/4-12 type season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, August4th said:

out of boredom I looked up how many times the steelers had a top 10 pick since the merger and it came to 7 times(this is including trading up for Bush). The last time the steelers picked in the top 5 they drafted Greene in 69 and Bradshaw in 70.  its really been a lifetime since this team had a godawful season. This fanbase would go nuts if we ever have a 2-14/3-13/4-12 type season.

Absolutely, they have never finished worst than 6-10 in my lifetime. This forum would probably burn to the ground if we had that bad of season, or at least be entirely unbearable. xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cbrunn said:

Everyone wants Oline or RB

Am I the only one that likes Jaycee horn? I'd love to have him on the team, especially after probably losing 2 DBs this year

Good length but bad tackler for his size. Stiff hips. Guesses too much. Struggles in off man coverage. Ok in press zone coverage. Not a Rd 1 pick. If Colbert were to ever trade back he’d be there in the 35-45 range. 

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Good length but bad tackler for his size. Stiff hips. Guesses too much. Struggles in off man coverage. Ok in press zone coverage. Not a Rd 1 pick. If Colbert were to ever trade back he’d be there in the 35-45 range. 

I'll have to watch more, seemed like a physical player and good tackler for the CB position for what I watched

Maybe cod skills in question , but stayed in pocket from what I seen maybe not a so much a slot guy ... But I feel he's someone who you could leave on an island and would do a good job

Edited by Cbrunn

CB is a very real possibility in rd 1  if the Steelers lose 2/3 of Haden/Hilton/Sutton which is possible...people won’t like the pick but it makes sense...people just gun shy cause of bad track record developing them.

Plus Nelson is a FA after the 2021 season(as of right now)

Jeremy Fowler reporting that some of the internal talk with the Steelers is that Ben is going to be back but it's his last season; and the discussion is how to handle his salary with the first preference being not to put cap space in the future.

Interesting the three perspectives:

Jeremy Fowler thinks is best to just say whatever if he's back and start planning for the future.

Bart Scott thinks we ought to trade for Darnold even if Ben is back and ditch Rudolph.

Nikovitch thinks we should just put resources in keeping Ben healthy and just hope for the best.

Also Bart Scott is once dumb dude.  Again "crying" about how we gave up "a massive too much haul for Fitzpatrick" and that we needed to pay him.  He doesn't really get how the cap works, does he?

15 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Jeremy Fowler reporting that some of the internal talk with the Steelers is that Ben is going to be back but it's his last season; and the discussion is how to handle his salary with the first preference being not to put cap space in the future.

Interesting the three perspectives:

Jeremy Fowler thinks is best to just say whatever if he's back and start planning for the future.

Bart Scott thinks we ought to trade for Darnold even if Ben is back and ditch Rudolph.

Nikovitch thinks we should just put resources in keeping Ben healthy and just hope for the best.

Also Bart Scott is once dumb dude.  Again "crying" about how we gave up "a massive too much haul for Fitzpatrick" and that we needed to pay him.  He doesn't really get how the cap works, does he?

Payed a mid 1st for a top 5 guy at his position in the NFL with 4 years remaining on his rookie deal and was the biggest need the Steelers had at the time...dumb.

Wonder what he thought of Seattle paying 2 1st for Adams and having to pay him after 1 season.