2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

Even in this mock draft the Giants can't sign offensive lineman...haha.

Lost out on RT Dotson to Seattle...SOB! stop stealing my offensive lineman...DJ needs these guys more than Wilson does.

We did however manage to find a quality cornerback in Michael Davis and landed our ILB Nicholas Morrow to play next to Blake Martinez.  Very excited about that.

7 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Nevermind on keeping Juice. In Hokit we trust i guess. Have Shatley though which was my main target for C after Mack already got snagged in round 1.

That’s a weird choice for your #2 option. He’s a guy who’s still a career backup. 

FA Bidding Round Total # of Contracts Submitted # of Outbids per Rnd UFA Resign Reserve Total # Signed % Signed Avg. APY Demands Avg. Signed APY % Dif.
FA BIDDING ROUND 01 122 42 50 27 3 80 65.6% $4,969,606 $7,152,965 143.9%
FA BIDDING ROUND 02 103 35 45 20 3 68 66.0% $3,187,999 $4,488,164 140.8%
FA BIDDING ROUND 03 0 0 0 0 0 0   $0 $0 0.0%
FA BIDDING ROUND 04 0 0 0 0 0 0   $0 $0 0.0%
FA BIDDING ROUND 05 0 0 0 0 0 0   $0 $0 0.0%
FA BIDDING ROUND 06 0 0 0 0 0 0   $0 $0 0.0%
FA BIDDING ROUND 07 0 0 0 0 0 0   $0 $0 0.0%
FA BIDDING ROUND 08 0 0 0 0 0 0   $0 $0 0.0%
FA BIDDING ROUND 09 0 0 0 0 0 0   $0 $0 0.0%
FA BIDDING ROUND 10 0 0 0 0 0 0   $0 $0 0.0%
FA BIDDING ROUND 11 0 0 0 0 0 0   $0 $0 0.0%
FA BIDDING ROUND 12 0 0 0 0 0 0   $0 $0 0.0%
Total: 225 77 95 47 6 148 131.6% $8,157,606 $11,641,128 284.7%

7 minutes ago, pwny said:

That’s a weird choice for your #2 option. He’s a guy who’s still a career backup. 

Honestly looking through the center options i really didn't like the fit for most. And in the games Shatley has played he has been pretty good. Can't blame the guy for not being able to outperform one of the best C's in the league in Linder. Will battle with Garland in camp for the starter spot(basically the same contract just a extra year). 

Other option was waiting for Brett Jones to drop but at the same time if more people think that way you can easily get into a bidding war which i wanted to avoid.

Edited by Justone2

3 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Miami and New England not afraid to spend money this round either.

burning money GIF by 1091

Peace!!!

gus edwards was the only decent RB on an APY I felt comfortable with, so wanted to get that locked up so i could have at least a decent option going into the draft. overspent a little because of other bidders but didn't go outside of a price where i wouldn't feel good about landing him. 

anthony walker jr. was my fallback plan if somebody bid on Nicholas Morrow. obviously a way more limited guy, but love the intangibles he brings and was able to structure the contract in a way that was very team friendly. didn't have a good off ball backer on the roster aside from Van Noy who Miami does a lot of stuff with, so really wanted to get a solid read/react downhill type backer that wasn't absolute dog **** in coverage. 

romeo okwara was a guy i was considering all day. i thought his APY was pretty reasonable and was surprised nobody went after it, while numerous guys were jumping on the hendrickson price tag. already had Ogbah and Lawson, but Lawson probably's cut next year and Ogbah on an expiring deal (with a monstrous APY that I didn't wanna extend), so after this year the EDGE situation was looking rough. I like having that three man rotation for this year and will look to address edge further in the draft, so MIA doesn't have to worry about it next year. but Okwara was a guy who I decided on 10 minutes before the deadline when I got home and saw that two people likely beat my minimum APY deals that I had on Everett. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, winitall said:

Pretty happy with how round 2 went for me. No big signings, but Cam for $2 million a year for the next 2 as a backup should be nice. Drew Lock, Cam Newton, Josh Rosen is an interesting room with some potential IMO. 

I might pay to watch those 3 personalities in the same room tbh 

2 minutes ago, winitall said:

Pretty happy with how round 2 went for me. No big signings, but Cam for $2 million a year for the next 2 as a backup should be nice. Drew Lock, Cam Newton, Josh Rosen is an interesting room with some potential IMO. 

You know you can't combine 3 backups to get one actual QB right?

Just now, Justone2 said:

You know you can't combine 3 backups to get one actual QB right?

I'd take Colt McCoy over any of them...kidding...Don't go bidding on my back up, that probably should be starting over Danny "dropping dimes" Jones.

Actually believed that Drew Lock was going to be the next gun slinger of the nfl.