I want QB Mathew Stafford here, but how much would it cost to get him?

aceinthehouse

You see what the Colts did? They added Phillip Rivers who's way older than Stafford & more inconsistent as well. They go 11-5 immediately & would have won the Division if it weren't for Henry & his 2000 yard season with the Titans.

Then, they almost knock off the hottest team in the NFL in the Bills on the road.

So what's my point?

My point is, I believe if we add Stafford to this team, with a few other Free Agent acquisitions & a good draft?

We're not only Improved & maintain ourselves as a Playoff contender, but a Superbowl contender as well.

Did you see who we play next season? It's going to be tough to repeat as Division Champs, even with a top 5 Defense.

We need to score! Plain & simple.

Now I really like Taylor Heinicke & his performance vs the Bucs.

But do I want to hang my hat on hoping he doesn't get hurt in every game he starts or plays in. No way...

But he would be, the perfect backup to Stafford.

Get Stafford here. Pick up a top FA WR & draft another. 

Possibly draft Kyle Pitts to pair with Logan Thomas.

All of a sudden, were averaging 27-30pts per game, with that top 5 Defense.

Now...the big question.

What's it gonna cost to trade for Stafford?

Do they release him, where we pay no compensation?

Either way, we need to find a way to land this dude.

He'll be 33 in Feb. That's a window of 4 or 5 years to win it all with this great Defense.

Stafford is a hell of player. Let's get him! 🏈👍

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Why?  Like Seriously why does anyone want Matthew Stafford?  I do not understand this.  

Dude is a gamer & has one of the fastest releases in the game.

Has also has played on a team, that has done very little in helping him succeed & win.

Yet, still managed to be one of only 4 people on the planet to throw for 5000 yards in a season.

Put him on this team now, with zero upgrades? (With the schedule we just played)

He wins 11 games.

I guarantee it.

We're gonna need him, with the schedule we're facing next season.

16 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Dude is a gamer & has one of the fastest releases in the game.

Has also has played on a team, that has done very little in helping him succeed & win.

He's never won a playoff game. 

16 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Yet, still managed to be one of only 4 people on the planet to throw for 5000 yards in a season.

That was in 2011.  His past 3 years: 4,084, 2,499, 3,777.  For comparison we started 4 different QBs this year and still had 3,796 passing yards as a team.

19 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

We're gonna need him, with the schedule we're facing next season.

We don't need him.  We need a younger solution with actual upside.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That was in 2011.  His past 3 years: 4,084, 2,499, 3,777.  For comparison we started 4 different QBs this year and still had 3,796 passing yards as a team.

Wow man-Good counter punching !

Tyson Fury punches Deontay Wilder MGM Las Vegas 2020

24 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

in almost 80 less passing attempts he threw for 300 more yards then our QBs this year,while also throwing for 10 more TDs in that time,and while we had more rushing yard then his HBs we only accounted for 1 more rushing TDs so of the 10 more passing TDs wasn't like he was just getting them cause they wasn't running.Also think we could easily bring his 900+ yard 9 TD Wr with him in Free agents 

He's a clear upgrade to me over what we have now,do I wish we could get a young long term answer yes.Do I think we can get one in the draft at 19 no and the free agent class at QB is bad too.

I also think Winning these next years are big can't draft a rookie and fall back cause its would be a lot easier to get top guys like Terry,Sweat,Payne,Alle,Holcolm to give a little of a hometown discount if you winning then if your picking top 10 with bad qb play 

12 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

in almost 80 less passing attempts he threw for 300 more yards then our QBs this year,while also throwing for 10 more TDs in that time,and while we had more rushing yard then his HBs we only accounted for 1 more rushing TDs so of the 10 more passing TDs wasn't like he was just getting them cause they wasn't running.Also think we could easily bring his 900+ yard 9 TD Wr with him in Free agents 

He's a clear upgrade to me over what we have now,do I wish we could get a young long term answer yes.Do I think we can get one in the draft at 19 no and the free agent class at QB is bad too.

I also think Winning these next years are big can't draft a rookie and fall back cause its would be a lot easier to get top guys like Terry,Sweat,Payne,Alle,Holcolm to give a little of a hometown discount if you winning then if your picking top 10 with bad qb play 

Practically anyone is better than what we had a QB this year, including a young QB on a cheap contract.  Matthew Stafford has never won anything why do you think he would win with us?

Salary cap going from $198 million in 2020 to

Dinger : 9:37 am
$175 million in 2021.

This tells me that if the lions can't trade him, they will have to release him.

Nobody is going to give up a 1st Rd pick, plus take on his salary. Specially knowing that the Lions can't afford to retain him on that deal.

Now they could restructure, but Stafford would have to be willing to retire there.

I believe we can get Stafford for cheaper than what most think.

If not out outright bid on him as a FA, if he gets released.

With what we're paying Alex Smith, we could be paying Stafford that Salary.