I want QB Mathew Stafford here, but how much would it cost to get him?

aceinthehouse

9 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I’m not quoting anyone because I keep messing that up but if you’re quoting playoff wins as a QB stat and ignoring the abhorrent situation that Matt was in for his career then you have issues. He had Calvin Johnson, other than that it’s been a ton of “meh” journeyman skill position players and bad or meh coaching.

Schwartz & Jim Caldwell were good coaches. They won 10 games with Schwartz one year and 11 games with Caldwell one year.

A big issue Stafford has had is injuries. He seems to never stay healthy.

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Why it’s not like he gets hurt every 3 starts? Oh wait

He's only missed half of 2019 in the last decade. If you guys trade for Stafford, the division is probably yours for the next 4 years.

Just give 19 and a conditional next year.

• Like 2

At this stage of his career. Feels like bringing in another Vinnie or McNabb.

More cost effective options out there that wont hurt the team long term. So while I think theres a real chance of him landing here. Id still prefer some of the other options like Trubisky, Minshew, Brissett or even Fitz on the cheap. While still drafting a qb to mold.

• Like 1

I don't have a good feeling for Stafford. He can make all the passes and can go deep. But he reminds me of KC 😀 can't win the big games and has never won a playoff game either, at least I can't remember one. Now Martin Mayhew (former G for Lions) is our new general manager and he drafted Stafford for the Lions. So Stafford could very well be a landing spot for our Skins (oops) football team. If Mayhew decide to pass on Stafford it will say alot. We will see. 

• Like 2

He is not my first choice, but he is a good qb and definitely better than Alex Smith.  I think fair compensation is a 1st round pick. 

But I hope they don't do an Alex Smith repeat and extend him.  If we get him now we will have him for 2 seasons, we can re-evaluate at that point.  There is no need to commit to him long term.  I don't want to over commit for a couple reasons.  First of all, he is getting up there in age and has been beat up pretty good.  I feel like he is sort of like Trent Williams.  He has to grit to lace them up when he is nicked up, but you don't get the same player. 

My second reason is I question him as a good fit for this offense.  Rivera/Turner clearly like mobile qbs, Stafford is not a mobile qb.