Official Cleveland Cavs Thread: time to win the lottery...again!!!

buno67

As a Boston fan I can honestly say I fear the potential of this Cleveland lineup for more become playoffs than their current liable for the trades. And the fact that they got rid of Isaiah Thomas who certainly was not a good fit in Cleveland with LeBron James all while adding Clarkson George Hill and a shooter like Ronnie Hood for Jay Crowder who wasn't making shots I think is massively upgraded roster all without losing their Brooklyn pic

It's hard to say how much better we got today, but we certainly didn't get any worse. Unless LeBron goes God mode in the playoffs and other players really step it up, there's still no way we beat the Warriors and I doubt we'd even beat the Celtics.

You mean Bagley out of Duke, right? He's a great talent. There are probably 8 guys that I could see having a big impact for the cavs. I probably like Jaren Jackson from Michigan State the best for Cleveland. Protects the rim, has a nice jump shot.

Either way, I'm interested to see what this looks like moving forward. Like the youth they have added.

14 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

You mean Bagley out of Duke, right? He's a great talent. There are probably 8 guys that I could see having a big impact for the cavs. I probably like Jaren Jackson from Michigan State the best for Cleveland. Protects the rim, has a nice jump shot.

Either way, I'm interested to see what this looks like moving forward. Like the youth they have added.

I would want Bamba from Texas. He could walk into the locker room and be the instant rim protector they need. He looks super athletic for a guy who is 7ft and should get bigger. I think he is #2 or #3 in the nation with around 4.1 blocks a game.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I would want Bamba from Texas. He could walk into the locker room and be the instant rim protector they need. He looks super athletic for a guy who is 7ft and should get bigger. I think he is #2 or #3 in the nation with around 4.1 blocks a game.

No matter what we're going to need scoring alongside that

To beat the Warriors and Rockets you need to defend and score 

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

Absolutely. Not sure we’ll have a high enough pick for him. 

I really like porter tho. If his neck is ok he reminds me of a young KD or a Tatum type player. 6’10 playmaker who can shoot off the dribble. That’s unguardable. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Absolutely. Not sure we’ll have a high enough pick for him. 

I really like porter tho. If his neck is ok he reminds me of a young KD or a Tatum type player. 6’10 playmaker who can shoot off the dribble. That’s unguardable. 

If porter is healthy he won’t be there for the Nets pick. I would love to some how get one of the bigs in this draft class. To me they might have the easiest transitions because they will only need to truly play at a high level as a rim protector early on. The rest of their game can be brought out as they go.