Who do we take at #25?

pwny

53 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Then why resign and move him to rt besides taylors lackluster play.  

Me saying that I could see something happening isn’t me suggesting that it’s necessarily a great decision to do so.

Urban has a lot of history getting lifetime LTs to flip to RT or RG or whatever when they came into his program. Aside from the issue of mirroring behaviors, Cam’s skill set always translated to a higher ceiling as a RT than as a LT. And “average” play in the trenches is decidedly not something that Urban is going to go into the season with expectations of replicating.

This unit coming back with the same starting 5 just is wholly unlikely, and flipping Cam—whether it’s a good idea or not—and then bringing in either a vet or a high drafted LT could be one of the situations where they feel they can make two significant upgrades with only one resource from outside.

2 hours ago, pwny said:

Me saying that I could see something happening isn’t me suggesting that it’s necessarily a great decision to do so.

Urban has a lot of history getting lifetime LTs to flip to RT or RG or whatever when they came into his program. Aside from the issue of mirroring behaviors, Cam’s skill set always translated to a higher ceiling as a RT than as a LT. And “average” play in the trenches is decidedly not something that Urban is going to go into the season with expectations of replicating.

This unit coming back with the same starting 5 just is wholly unlikely, and flipping Cam—whether it’s a good idea or not—and then bringing in either a vet or a high drafted LT could be one of the situations where they feel they can make two significant upgrades with only one resource from outside.

or u know we sign trent williams(unlikely but possible) and then draft a Guy in the 1st 3 rounds to push Taylor and thus no need to resign cam for 13 million or so(im comping the deal similiar to donavin smith who was underwhelming as a LT but he was serviceable).  spending 13 million on an off-chance he develops into a good RT doesnt seem like a good allocation of financial resources when we should Prioritize getting this swiss cheese Defense back to the DUVAL standard. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

or u know we sign trent williams(unlikely but possible) and then draft a Guy in the 1st 3 rounds to push Taylor and thus no need to resign cam for 13 million or so(im comping the deal similiar to donavin smith who was underwhelming as a LT but he was serviceable).  spending 13 million on an off-chance he develops into a good RT doesnt seem like a good allocation of financial resources when we should Prioritize getting this swiss cheese Defense back to the DUVAL standard. 

According to Lagerman who has studied film on Cam.. he isn’t worth a deal of more than 8 mil a year he claims if Cam is seeking anything over 10 move on 😂.

Edited by DuvalsKing

1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

According to Lagerman who has studied film on Cam.. he isn’t worth a deal of more than 8 mil a year he claims if Cam if seekin anything over 10 move on 😂.

Think Lageman is out of touch on contracts if he thinks that.

He's said he'd rank him in the 15-19 tier out of the 32 LTs in football. That's going to cost more than $8M per.

24 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Yeah, that’s an option as well. It doesn’t mean that’s the only possibility those in charge would go after.

2 hours ago, skaterbirdhouse said:

Give me Freiermuth at 25 I know I may be in the minority here but this is one of the most important building blocks with a young QB.

If you want to help your young QB you get a veteran TE. It’s incredibly rare for rookie TEs to make a big contribution. I think that Ertz would be a great move. We can draft a #2 TE and hope that they can develop in 2-3 years to replace Ertz. 

9 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

If you want to help your young QB you get a veteran TE. It’s incredibly rare for rookie TEs to make a big contribution. I think that Ertz would be a great move. We can draft a #2 TE and hope that they can develop in 2-3 years to replace Ertz. 

Why not do both?

Pat F has a chance to be a special TE down the line. I agree they don't usually make immediate impacts but I'd still be plenty happy getting a young one to pair with TLaw long term in the first couple rounds.

I've been doing some mock drafts and I usually go a couple of ways.  One option if there is a very good wide receiver available who could be our #1, I'll take him.  Rashod Bateman is one who has been available occasionally in my mock scenarios.

If there is no wide receiver, I've normally been taking Ohio State Guard, Wyatt Davis.  I know the conventional wisdom is to go with a tackle over a guard, but I just want Trevor Lawrence to have a clean pocket to step up into.  I remember when the Vikings got Steve Hutchinson from Seattle and he transformed our offensive line.  Wyatt Davis would be an instant starter and probably be there for 10 years.  Another reason I value him over a tackle is because in these scenarios I've been going with the mindset that we resign our current left tackle, who isn't too bad.

If there was a truly dominant defensive tackle in this draft, he would be tempting if he was available there, but I think we can still get some good ones with later picks.

The only other player I have thought of would be Pat Freiermuth, the TE from Penn State.  He might provide good value at that pick.

49 minutes ago, pwny said:

And on 1010xl today, Hays said this is what he would do. 

I’m not against it.

I’m a little against it now and I’ll say now because I’m not sure who we get in free agency but we need help in the trenches specifically DL. If we kill it in free agency then I’ll be much more on board

Looking at some mock drafts, I've seen the following mocked to us since we locked in #25.

• DT Christian Barmore
  • WR Kadarius Toney
  • OT Alex Leatherwood
  • G Alijah Vera-Tucker
  • OT Samuel Cosmi
  • CB Derion Kendrick
  • S Andre Cisco
  • DT Daviyon Nixon
  • LB Zaven Collins
  • S Trevon Moehrig