2021 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Those carries to Mason to close out that WFT game essentially sealed his fate. Teams that like quality FBs were always going to pounce. He’s got PB caliber FB traits and we let him go.

The team is deep so it’s hard to say who should’ve gotten cut in his place, but considering I don’t have much hope for Miles Boykin, my list probably would’ve began with him.

Though the opportunity for Mason will certainly be better elsewhere considering the redundancy we have here. However that redundancy was present when we drafted him. Can’t help but feel that was a wasted pick/opportunity. Oh well.

Apparently Ricard had offseason surgery that just became public, so in some ways it may have been an insurance policy of sorts.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 4:19 PM, coordinator0 said:

Vested veteran, doesn't have to go through waivers. He will be back later this week after the team places some guys on IR after today so they only have to miss 3 weeks instead of the whole season.

First post is updated to see the current roster.

On 8/31/2021 at 4:27 PM, AngusMcFife said:

😬 Ok but I hope another team with cap space doesn't swoop in and sign him. 

On 8/31/2021 at 4:57 PM, sp6488 said:

McPhee has a say in it.

Unless a team is willing to offer him significantly more than they were this offseason, he's going to be back in Baltimore.

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

McPhee is back. (Denzel relieved GIF)  

foreseen-everything-talking.gif

• Like 2

This is interesting. The Broncos cut Royce Freeman and claimed our own PS hopeful Nate McCrary off waivers,..... and then we try to claim Royce Freeman.

Also on a side but linked note, back when Phillip Lindsay was a UDFA he was down to us and the Broncos as his preferred destination. He favored Baltimore but his parents swayed him back to his home team. We already had a strong UDFA HB class that year with De'Lance Turner, Mark Thompson, and obviously Gus Edwards all popping for us. Wonder how things might've shaken out had we actually managed to sign Lindsay? Funny enough though our last big interaction with Lindsay was(IIRC) when he was ejected for throwing a punch at Marlon. Honestly can't blame him for being angry when playing for those Case Keenum era Broncos, god knows what level of violence will be conjured up now that he's playing for the Culley era Texans though 😂.

31 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I really don't understand our interest in Murray. How many RBs are we going to carry? 

I guess the upside is that Bell and Freeman being on the PS for now means that its pretty easy to cut bait the FO finds an option they like better