NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

21 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

That's a big loss. Evans & Godwin are good but Brown has really been a security blanket for Brady the last weeks of the year. 

Just now, vegas492 said:

I don't think it is.  Scotty Miller is much quicker than Brown and they have that rookie named Johnson (Minnesota) who is pretty good, too.

I think their WR corp is pretty deep, and I think both Evans and Godwin are hurting a little bit as well.

It's obviously not good sign, but I don't think him missing practice on Thurs means a vet like him is out.

14 hours ago, fattlipp said:

At least they don’t have a great RB to run options routes on our LBs all day, Kamara would have had 200 all purpose yds on us.

You forgot the use the sarcasm color for this post. Fournette and Jones are in the same zip code as Kamara and don't have the gaudy numbers because of injuries and shared snaps. You forget the field day Jones had in Week 6...

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I don't think it is.  Scotty Miller is much quicker than Brown and they have that rookie named Johnson (Minnesota) who is pretty good, too.

I think their WR corp is pretty deep, and I think both Evans and Godwin are hurting a little bit as well.

yeah, I can't help but think Johnson sees more looks, especially given Godwin's case of the yips the last couple of weeks. Our front-7 really needs to show up in this game; this is one of those games that will be won in the trenches...

30 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Tramon to the rescue

Rhetorically speaking, does this mean we will be jamming dudes up at the LOS?

36 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Tramon to the rescue

Chandon was full of praise for Tramon and how much he taught him in the previous year.  I know was playing hurt so maybe that has slowed him down. 

Either way, he's no longer on the injury report and if he's on the field, he needs to get the job done.  If 38 can give us some quality snaps in key situations, he will help carry the load.  

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I still don't see it happening but sounds like Vea has more of a shot to play than originally thought.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he suits up. The Bucs, pretty much all year, have been very liberal in allowing their guys to play banged up. Godwin played like one week after breaking his finger when everyone thought he was going to be out multiple weeks. Evans has played through leg issues all year. Arians pretty much lets those guys do what they want. 

If Vea lobbies to dress, I'll be pretty surprised if he doesn't. Although how much he "plays" is a much different story. I'd say the same goes with Brown, especially given that we're talking about the NFCCG here, not Week 3. 

My only worry is Pettine rolling out the game plan he used against the Bears a couple weeks ago.  Mitch wasn't talented enough to take advantage once they hit the redzone .. Brady would slice and dice.  The other problem with that game plan is that it let the Bears control the clock and kept Rodgers on the bench.  The offense was explosive that day and managed 35 points in 24:31 .. not sure we can do that again.  I'm hoping the Packers take the mindset that if Brady wants to do damage he will have to earn it .. no gimme stuff in hopes that he will screw up.  

• Like 2