NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Wirfs been incredible for the Bucs at RT. Wonder if Pettine just puts Preston over there so Z and Gary can feast on other matchups

I think you let those players do some rotating to see if he can be had with variations in pass rushers and moves.  

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

It'll be good to have Keke back as another interior rush option after he's missed the last few games

He has been showing much more this year.  It’s a shame he got a concussion and it seems to have been a bad one. Even in his rookie year, he showed active hands and quickness. If he keeps putting on good weight, he will see more minutes next year.

As for Sunday, I hope he is in the rotation and feeling hungry after some time away from the table. 

8 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I wonder if he meant to say “curveball”?  Isn’t that the term you say when being caught off-guard?

Ack, never-mind, it’s Pettine we’re talking about.

LOL my first reaction was " Oh no! The worst thing you can do is tell the batter you're throwing a fastball!"

Is the Bucs defense better than the Rams'?  Everyone talks about how Tampa will overwhelm our line and we won't be able to run so they will make Rodgers run for his life but these folks seem to forget we scored 32 points and produced 484 yards against the top rated defense just a few days ago.  Unless our OL falls apart and/or we turn it over like the Saints did last weekend I like our chances.

• Like 2

Their strengths in defense match up better against our strengths in offense. Rams took away the big plays and dared you to walk the field with 6 yard gains. Packers will happily do that and they showed it last week. Bucs dominate the LOS and are the best defense against the run. Our pass attack is largely predicated on stablishing (at least a minimum) the run. It's really hard to win with those outside zone runs when David and White are so fast and have a really good DLine. Besides they are great at getting TOs. If we can succesfully run between the tackles and do not fumble the ball we should win.

I would agree with the importance of the run game.  In all games of course, but especially so in this one and for both teams.  Put pressure on Brady and make him uncomfortable in the pocket, hopefully with 4 guys more than not.  Take the underneath away and force Brady to throw it long.  Obviously easier said than done and the more we have a lead the better this will work.

If one team runs the ball well and the other doesn't, the former is the winner in this game.

32 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Is the Bucs defense better than the Rams'?  Everyone talks about how Tampa will overwhelm our line and we won't be able to run so they will make Rodgers run for his life but these folks seem to forget we scored 32 points and produced 484 yards against the top rated defense just a few days ago.  Unless our OL falls apart and/or we turn it over like the Saints did last weekend I like our chances.

Their secondary is actually a lot worse than the Rams. This video shows a lot of misses we had when we played TB earlier this season. Explains why LaFleur was so pissed afterwards, aside from straight up losing.

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

I think people are rolling with hurt Donald = Rams not the best D.