Hindsight 2020 Tannehill vs Brady Debate

Titans fan 617

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Realistically, the only comparison is Brady’s last Super Bowl, where he was pure Broncos Manning.

you guys can't be serious with this lol. i feel like i'm taking crazy pills. peyton manning was legitimately awful for the entirety of his last season and was fully carried by the rest of his team. there's absolutely no way you can say that about brady in 2018 or this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, -Hope- said:

you guys can't be serious with this lol. i feel like i'm taking crazy pills. peyton manning was legitimately awful for the entirety of his last season and was fully carried by the rest of his team. there's absolutely no way you can say that about brady in 2018 or this year. 

The game where the Patriots scored 13 points and he had zero touchdowns, threw a pick and fumbled was pretty much the quintessential carry. Not full 2018 Brady obviously, but that specific ring where he was absolutely terrible in the Super Bowl. He was also bad against us last year, but that’s a different story. 

But no, he’s never been full carried like Broncos Manning. There really aren’t many QBs ever to be carried that hard for a full year short of Dilfer.

Just now, titans0021 said:

The game where the Patriots scored 13 points and he had zero touchdowns, threw a pick and fumbled was pretty much the quintessential carry. Not full 2018 Brady obviously, but that specific ring where he was absolutely terrible in the Super Bowl. He was also bad against us last year, but that’s a different story. 

But no, he’s never been full carried like Broncos Manning. There really aren’t many QBs ever to be carried that hard for a full year short of Dilfer.

i mean yeah those are....two individually bad games. who cares lol. looking at a 40 touchdown, 4600 yard season and saying that man was carried by his supporting cast is insane. i mean, do we forget that tannehill has a pretty damn strong offensive roster around him here?

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i mean yeah those are....two individually bad games. who cares lol. looking at a 40 touchdown, 4600 yard season and saying that man was carried by his supporting cast is insane. i mean, do we forget that tannehill has a pretty damn strong offensive roster around him here?

I think there’s a difference between being carried and benefiting from a crazy supporting cast. Brady did his job this year, KT is probably underselling him. He’s still a good QB, the fact that can be said at 43 is incredible.

He also took over an offense where one of the worst starting QBs in football threw for 5,000 yards and 33 touchdowns. And then added a really good tackle in the first, brought in even more weapons and allowed him to throw the ball 610 times.

Tough one but I’d probably go with Tannehill and that’s mainly because of age. There isn’t really much of a difference between the two tbh. Brady has weapons all over now so of course it makes his job easier. I will say, even with Brady we wouldn’t of made the Super Bowl either. Brady isn’t fixing the worst defense in football.

Brady doesn't fix our atrocious defense, and even as good as he is, even if you want to grade him higher than Tannehill this year(which I think they're similar, wouldn't argue against someone having one ranked over the other), we're not competing for a championship this year regardless, which ultimately makes Tannehill the right pick as I would assume we've got another 3-4 years of him, where as Brady is probably retiring after next year.

4 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I think there’s a difference between being carried and benefiting from a crazy supporting cast. Brady did his job this year, KT is probably underselling him. He’s still a good QB, the fact that can be said at 43 is incredible.

He also took over an offense where one of the worst starting QBs in football threw for 5,000 yards and 33 touchdowns. And then added a really good tackle in the first, brought in even more weapons and allowed him to throw the ball 610 times.

sure, i mean ultimately i think brady and tannehill ended up putting in very similar performances this year and wouldn't really move the needle one way or another in terms of who we went with. i just think if we're going to give tannehill his due for the year he had, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to ding brady

17 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Brady doesn't fix our atrocious defense, and even as good as he is, even if you want to grade him higher than Tannehill this year(which I think they're similar, wouldn't argue against someone having one ranked over the other), we're not competing for a championship this year regardless, which ultimately makes Tannehill the right pick as I would assume we've got another 3-4 years of him, where as Brady is probably retiring after next year.

Not looking at the regular season, do you think we win against the Ravens with Brady?  Or same result?

22 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, he has very arguably the best supporting cast in the league in Tampa, a solid defense and a HC who knows his stuff too but lets him operate more freely, but at no point in his career was Brady at the Manning-level of his final career. I'm pretty sure Peyton was benched a few times that year, was abysmal for most of the season and was carried by a historical defense. That Peyton on last year's Pats team would have never even sniffed the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, VYoung10 said:

Not looking at the regular season, do you think we win against the Ravens with Brady?  Or same result?

I think we win 

Not saying Brady throws a TD and Tannehill threw the INT would be different 

Just knowing what I know and have seen over the years with Brady, the running into 9 man fronts with Henry would have been aborted fairly quick

I said it then that the Titans needed to spread the Ravens out and keep spreading them out to eventually force the 9 man fronts away then try and get Henry going 

I’m confident Brady would have been very vocal about spreading the Ravens out and feeding the playmakers 

Also I keep saying if we got Brady we would have gotten Gronk too

So Jonnu was forced to help Ques a ton this year, if we had Gronk they could have rotated and gave us another weapon in the receiving game (Yes Jonnu had a big drop but would have had a chance for more plays potentially)

I think we would have won vs Baltimore and had a shot to beat Buffalo who didn’t play all that great last week

27 minutes ago, VYoung10 said:

Idk what the final outcome would be, but I guarantee you on that final play Brady doesn't fail to even look to a wide open AJ on that last play where Tannehill through the pick

9 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Idk what the final outcome would be, but I guarantee you on that final play Brady doesn't fail to even look to a wide open AJ on that last play where Tannehill through the pick

i really don't understand what people think any QB would have done on that play. raymond was the first read and he was open. when you're a QB and your first read is open, you throw the ball. if you're going to blame anyone, blame art or tanny for calling a play where raymond was the first read, but no QB is just gonna come off their read for no reason based on an option route that happened to work out well for AJ

5 hours ago, VYoung10 said:

Like has been noted by others, Brady might turn it to a win simply by refusing to be so run heavy, but that being said, if the Brady who played vs the Saints shows up, we'd have been blown out of the water vs the Ravens. He was really bad last Sunday. If the one who played vs WFT showed up, again, given him possibly being more likely to dictate the play calls, maybe it turns the game around.

i thought Tannehill was decent vs Baltimore. Not his best performance, but good enough to win if we just choose to not slam Henry in to a brick wall so much.

I don't know how much to blame Tannehill for trusting in the run heavy scheme cause, hey, the offense scored 30 ppg and I'm sure his trust in Arthur's play calling was high( as it should have been), but seeing Tannehill be a bit more willing to call his own plays wouldn't be a bad thing going forward.