Jump to content

2021 Free Agents - Current Lions and possible future Lions


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

The Chargers are switching to a 3-4 from a 4-3. Joey Bosa might not be as effective with the switch. Any thoughts on a trade offer for him?

Post- June 1st trade:

Lions trade Trey Flowers (28) - 83.3 PFF: Dead Cap $5.614; New cap space = +$14.375M + 2021 2nd

Chargers trade Joey Bosa (26) - 90.2 PFF: Dead Cap: $7M; New cap space = $13.75M + 2021 4th

Edited by Karnage84
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Post- June 1st trade:

Lions trade Trey Flowers (28) - 83.3 PFF: Dead Cap $5.614; New cap space = +$14.375M + 2021 2nd

Chargers trade Joey Bosa (26) - 90.2 PFF: Dead Cap: $7M; New cap space = $13.75M + 2021 4th

I'm guessing you mean 2022 picks.  But I'd do that in a heartbeat.  Doubt they would.  I am guessing they would wait and see how he does as either an OLB or DE before moving him for pretty much a 3rd rd pick.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'm guessing you mean 2022 picks.  But I'd do that in a heartbeat.  Doubt they would.  I am guessing they would wait and see how he does as either an OLB or DE before moving him for pretty much a 3rd rd pick.  

It might cost a bit more but it seems like both guys would be better fits on their respective teams. It is nearly a lateral move money wise for a guy that is only a bit older, better scheme fit and still operating at a high level plus extra compensation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

Also golden tate got cut, I can see the lions atleast looking at bringing him back. He could be the “veteran wr” n we draft a bunch(1/2)  of wrs in the draft. 

Yeah...maybe. I'm not sure if he has much left. I think that he would be a good fit in the Amendola role. I do think that they'll want another veteran (which could just be Golladay) as they won't want to force a rookie to step into the #1 WR role, and I don't have any faith at all in Cephus being more than a WR4 that can kind of do a little bit of everything but none of it that well. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

Also golden tate got cut, I can see the lions atleast looking at bringing him back. He could be the “veteran wr” n we draft a bunch(1/2)  of wrs in the draft. 

I'd be a-ok if they brought him in on a cheap 1 year deal. He wasn't worth what he was going to be paid (hence the trade) but he's still a somewhat effective vet option. 

Ideally I'd rather take a bunch of younger guys in the draft and let them develop. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...