Detroit Lions and Matthew Stafford expected to part ways

Lionized

3 minutes ago, BarryTheBest said:

This is valid amd of course I agree. Hopefully we do receive a first for the reasons you outlined. 

All I know is that I am so anxious about this situation. Have not found myself like this in some time. 

I'm waiting to see all the cuts so that we can add cap space. That will be when I get excited. 

4 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

I don't see any way that this happens. Just looked at the OTC calculator. Rams are already down $31M in cap room. Even if they go and restructure all of their key guys (Donald, Ramsey, Kupp), they have $4M in cap space. They'd have to do June 1st trade of Goff to gain $28M in cap space. If you're going to trade Goff, you're probably going to have to give up something to get him off of your books instead of bringing in assets. 

They don't have a 2021 1st. So Lions would probably have to get 2021 2nd + 2021 3rd + 2022 1st and then change just to have it make sense. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I don't see any way that this happens. Just looked at the OTC calculator. Rams are already down $31M in cap room. Even if they go and restructure all of their key guys (Donald, Ramsey, Kupp), they have $4M in cap space. They'd have to do June 1st trade of Goff to gain $28M in cap space. If you're going to trade Goff, you're probably going to have to give up something to get him off of your books instead of bringing in assets. 

They don't have a 2021 1st. So Lions would probably have to get 2021 2nd + 2021 3rd + 2022 1st and then change just to have it make sense. 

Yeah, I do not see how they could make this work. That said, it appears the Lions are doing all they can to get Staff into a good situation. Commendable of them.

1 minute ago, BarryTheBest said:

Yeah, I do not see how they could make this work. That said, it appears the Lions are doing all they can to get Staff into a good situation. Commendable of them.

I mean... 49ers and Colts aren't bad situations at all and have the tools to be able to make it work. 

Would the Rams love to make it happen? Probably. It just seems like there's far too many moving parts in LA to make that happen. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I mean... 49ers and Colts aren't bad situations at all and have the tools to be able to make it work. 

Would the Rams love to make it happen? Probably. It just seems like there's far too many moving parts in LA to make that happen. 

I don't even see any way it benefits the Lions. No 1st rd pick, no cap space gained, no top player added, and leaking it does not benefit trade talks as anyone with google capability can see this is DOA.