Detroit Lions and Matthew Stafford expected to part ways

Lionized

6 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

49ers would have to restructure Jimmy and eat a bunch of the cap. His contract is far worse than Stafford's.

They're not going to do that. Other teams like Indy and NE can take it on if they want him with no problem. He's got a middle of the road cap hit (14th I think next year after Dak signs) and no guarantees (including injuries). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Definitely not crazy, but the contract concerns me. (And, if Jimmy G were the reason we didn't get a 1st back... no thanks.)

It’s a non starter for me. Jimmy G is not a good QB, he has a worse contract than Stafford and would not help our rebuild. In order to include him, the Niners would have to add to the deal. If they add additional players, that’s even more salary the Lions take on. This is a definite no for me. 

On 1/28/2021 at 5:30 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

If you were Jacksonville, would you trade the first pick for Watson?  If I am Houston I would becase its easily the best deal.  If I am jacksonville I probably would just knowing that Watson is a top 5 QB and thats what you could hope TL turns into. 

Umm.......I dont think Watson is close to top 5.....I'd say hes somewhere between 10 and 20.....and it would be stupid to trade for a guy like Watson when the guy that's staring you in the face with the first pick has a much higher ceiling than DW.........plus the jags arent really close to competing so what's to stop watson from doing the same crap hes doing now with the jags in a couple years?

Edited by Miblue

7 minutes ago, Miblue said:

Umm.......I dont think Watson is close to top 5.....I'd say hes somewhere between 10 and 20.....and it would be stupid to trade for a guy like Watson when the guy that's staring you in the face with the first pick has a much higher ceiling than DW

I would agree. I personally believe Watson to be very overrated and is not worth the haul he will bring in a trade.

• Like 1

I think Watson should be ranked right about the bottom of the top 5, but that says more about some of the elite QBs in the NFL than it does Watson. I think he's a very good QB. The idea that would make me lean towards Lawrence is the rookie wage vs Watson's salary.

1 minute ago, BarryTheBest said:

What do you think about this? Me personally, I am not sure... Would love a first, but this is still a pretty good haul.

Albert Breer is saying a 1st and change. 

Personally, I'd rather a 1st. Would the Niners give up #12 overall? Not so sure. I think I would prefer #19 or #21 rather than multiple 2nd's and 3rd's. Guys always drop in the draft, other guys can rise... it would give us the flexibility to trade down and acquire 2nd's and 3rd's or pick someone giving us the 5th year option. 

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Albert Breer is saying a 1st and change. 

Personally, I'd rather a 1st. Would the Niners give up #12 overall? Not so sure. I think I would prefer #19 or #21 rather than multiple 2nd's and 3rd's. Guys always drop in the draft, other guys can rise... it would give us the flexibility to trade down and acquire 2nd's and 3rd's or pick someone giving us the 5th year option. 

This is valid amd of course I agree. Hopefully we do receive a first for the reasons you outlined. 

All I know is that I am so anxious about this situation. Have not found myself like this in some time.