This might be it for Rodgers

pf9

He wanted a home NFC championship game...and it is not going well.

Tampa Bay already ended Drew Brees' career last week. Rodgers may just call it a career if there isn't a turnaround.

We haven't had a QB be perfect in home playoff games since Lynn Dickey, and he played only one such game - 1982 against the Cardinals, which was the last blackout in Lambeau Field history. And it came during a 24-year stretch where the team made the playoffs only two times.

I hope so for his sake.

I’m done with football.

It’s a stupid waste of time that is not only a waste of time, but leaves you feeling like **** at the end of every year.

Football is a toxic relationship.

I’m gonna go down with the ship with all of you and then retire from football.

• Like 10

Believe me, it was hard for me to make the decision to turn against Rodgers. He's had a good run. But two of his playoff losses at home came against Sun Belt teams that play home games outdoors. Not even Brett Favre was able to lose to a warm-weather team at home in the playoffs. And one of those losses happened to be against the team Rodgers (and Brady) grew up rooting for, the 49ers.

Like I said, it's time the Packers move on too.

Edited by pf9

5 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Believe me, it was hard for me to make the decision to turn against Rodgers. He's had a good run. But two of his playoff losses at home came against Sun Belt teams that play home games outdoors. Not even Brett Favre was able to lose to a warm-weather team at home in the playoffs. And one of those losses happened to be against the team Rodgers (and Brady) grew up rooting for, the 49ers.

Like I said, it's time the Packers move on too.

So Favre losing to the Atlanta Falcons wasn’t a stunt belt team?

I'm sorry but this is a dumb thread. Aaron has a lot left. Had perhaps his best year ever. Had a lot of fun and been a great leader. 

This is probably the last shot at a Super Bowl... especially with the loss of some talent this offseason and Gutekunst's bad drafting. But as long as he's healthy and protected, we're going to the postseason again in 2021.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

So Favre losing to the Atlanta Falcons wasn’t a stunt belt team?

Sun Belt, BUT indoors at the time. The Georgia Dome had a fixed roof, since then the Falcons have moved into a retractable roof stadium.

Thus, San Francisco and Tampa Bay are the only outdoor teams from the Sun Belt to win a postseason road game against us.

We also lost to a dome team, our hated rivals the Vikings, in 2004.

And the Giants, both in seasons led by Eli Manning and ending with them beating Brady and the Patriots in the Super Bowl, are the only cold-weather team to win a road postseason game against us, doing it twice now.

Edited by pf9