This might be it for Rodgers

pf9

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

But you think Jordan Freakiin' Love is going to take us to the Championship game next year .. no flippin' chance.  With Rodgers you at least have the hope of getting to the big dance.

Don't argue with this guy. Think about how dumb this thread and then understand that this is some of his best work. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

He played decent, but he only going to worse, and crowd noise is back next year, his best skill will be diminished, pre snap adjustments...If you can get TL or multiple 1st, may want to consider it...

Quentin Williams Mims, and #2 overall might do it for me...

Nah not enough.  Throw in the following years first rounder and might start to think on it.  Could do a lot of wheeling and dealing with the #2 parlay it into multiple picks. Without Aaron we might not even make the playoffs.  If Love flames out it could awhile before we hit on the next great QB.  They don't grow on trees.  Love playing today it would have been a disaster.  Aaron played very intelligent disciplined football.  It was an O-line fail.  

2 hours ago, pf9 said:

Believe me, it was hard for me to make the decision to turn against Rodgers. He's had a good run. But two of his playoff losses at home came against Sun Belt teams that play home games outdoors. Not even Brett Favre was able to lose to a warm-weather team at home in the playoffs. And one of those losses happened to be against the team Rodgers (and Brady) grew up rooting for, the 49ers.

Like I said, it's time the Packers move on too.

So hard that you didn't even wait until the game finished to do so. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Nah not enough.  Throw in the following years first rounder and might start to think on it.  Could do a lot of wheeling and dealing with the #2 parlay it into multiple picks. Without Aaron we might not even make the playoffs.  If Love flames out it could awhile before we hit on the next great QB.  They don't grow on trees.  Love playing today it would have been a disaster.  Aaron played very intelligent disciplined football.  It was an O-line fail.  

Turner didn't hold up versus JPP at all, truly believe that game may have had a different ending had Bakh not got injured. A lot of what ifs with that game, what if Bakh plays, what if Pettine dials up a better defense to end the 1st half, what if ESB catches that 2 point conversion, what if MLF goes for it on 4th and goal at the 8 yard line instead of kicking the FG to make it a 5 point game, what if the Packers offense would have capitalized on just one of those turnovers, what if the refs didn't decide to stop allowing them to just play football when it was during a crucial part of the game. Just so much that happened there and not any one person is to blame for this loss. This was a team loss, from coaching all the way down to the players.

• Like 3

Maybe Rodgers is the curse :(

I don't understand why we seem to fold as a team after he makes mistakes, but it seems like clockwork.

someone (not me because it's depressing af) should see how many points our defense gives up after Aaron Rodgers InTs on a per INT basis and compare it to other teams.

Maybe it just hits harder because they're so few and far between...but man we seem to fold so easy. Like it opens the floodgates for everyone to mess up suddenly.

51 minutes ago, mtsportsfan1 said:

With all you guys who want Rodgers gone ( ridiculous) I'm pretty sure that every fan of teams in the north division are hoping the same.

Oh, for sure,  ARod will win us divisions all day.... but our goal is the Super Bowl, and if we fell short this year...might be best to start over and hope Love is the next Mahommes,   It’s kinda a similar situation as they had with Alex Smith... and we can still get a kings ransom for Rodgers, his value won’t get any higher...  We can have a top 5 defense with 2-3 1st and a good young player. I think his play will slip next year with crowd noise coming back...

not to mention 25 mil cap space ..

Edited by fattlipp

21 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Turner didn't hold up versus JPP at all, truly believe that game may have had a different ending had Bakh not got injured. A lot of what ifs with that game, what if Bakh plays, what if Pettine dials up a better defense to end the 1st half, what if ESB catches that 2 point conversion, what if MLF goes for it on 4th and goal at the 8 yard line instead of kicking the FG to make it a 5 point game, what if the Packers offense would have capitalized on just one of those turnovers, what if the refs didn't decide to stop allowing them to just play football when it was during a crucial part of the game. Just so much that happened there and not any one person is to blame for this loss. This was a team loss, from coaching all the way down to the players.

You had me until this point. This game was lost because of a lack of depth at LT and a poor defensive scheme. It's really that simple.

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't understand why we seem to fold as a team after he makes mistakes, but it seems like clockwork.

someone (not me because it's depressing af) should see how many points our defense gives up after Aaron Rodgers InTs on a per INT basis and compare it to other teams.

Maybe it just hits harder because they're so few and far between...but man we seem to fold so easy. Like it opens the floodgates for everyone to mess up suddenly.

We’ve never had a way to win without him doing it for us and we inevitably run into a team that is equipped to stop him. 

Then either defense or special teams lose it for us. Defensive didn’t lose it this year, but it sure didn’t win it either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

So would you guys do Rodgers for

#2,#23,Williams,Becton,Mims

Draft Alabama WR Devante Smith, Clemson RB Travis Etienne, and Georgia CB Campbell with the 3 1sts...

Edited by fattlipp

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

But you think Jordan Freakiin' Love is going to take us to the Championship game next year .. no flippin' chance.  With Rodgers you at least have the hope of getting to the big dance.

Considering Gute traded for Kizer and reportedly liked Drew Lock during the draft, my faith in Jordan Love is next to nil lol

4 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

So would you guys do Rodgers for

#2,#23,Williams,Becton,Mims

Draft Alabama WR Devante Smith and RB Najee Harris, and Georgia CB Campbell with the 3 1sts...

Hypotheticals.  Don't know enough about Love.  That trade is about the right value.  After seeing how Brady took a losing team to the Superbowl at 43 someone might very well try to bowl us over with an offer.  Murphy, Gute, and MLF would all have to be on board.  They would never do it.  So we'll be a very good team with Aaron under center and who knows maybe he can still win one.  Versus trading away Aaron and hoping Love is the guy without ever seeing him play in a game.  Risky as hell not the Packers MO.

You are talking instant regression.  Even with all the new guys. More potential upside in the future possibly if Love can play.

Much more likely next year assuming Love develops.  If he doesn't Aaron will finish out his contract and we'll have to draft another QB.

Looking at all these hacks writing their articles.  God you would think they would know better.  Floating retirement talk.  Please they don't know Aaron.  As I said before a trade is extremely unlikely.  Rodgers put everything he had into this season it was a bitter defeat.  Of course he sounds dejected.  What the hell do you expect him to be cheery?  He acknowledged the future in uncertain in GB.  Well for a lot of guys it is.  Rodgers floated that his maybe too and all hell broke loose.  

Guess it's ok if other teams think he is on the block.  We can sit back and see if someone offers a ridiculous bounty.  They would have to have a hell of a lot of faith in Love and the compensation would have to be massive.  5% chance if that.  Rodgers will be back in the Green and Gold next year.  Does anyone on this forum have any clue what the Pack thinks of Love's development.  He was still #3 on the depth chart and inactive.  Again not exactly a ringing endorsement that he's anywhere close to leading this franchise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Yes, but still such a terrible decision to force that throw into a tight window considering the situation. There was like 20 seconds left from their own territory and GB was getting the ball to start the 3rd. No reason to try and force things when you're only down 4. Bucs should have never even had another possession prior to half there. Really helped sway the fortunes of the game

Yah maybe.  However, Redmond doesn't catch an easy interception and King has his head up his butt on the LAST play of the half is what really swayed the game.  

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

We generally fold because we have defenses that are not very good.  All of these championship game losses featured a myriad of gaffes that you generally don't see from top defenses.   Maybe we need to focus on taking that unit to an elite level.  Start with a new coach and hope the talent on hand responds in a big way.   I don't think this team gets closer to a super bowl by parting with Aaron any time soon.

• Like 2