This might be it for Rodgers

pf9

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He didn't have a consistent running game because the Bucs loaded the box. He was seeing friendly coverage looks. He needed to convert them. 

I would add that Rodgers needed to convert them more quickly, as protection broke down fast yesterday.  The quick lateral stuff was moderately effective but we needed more quick vertical stuff also.  Rodgers didn't have the luxury of time in letting our long-strider receivers get separation.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

I would add that Rodgers needed to convert them more quickly, as protection broke down fast yesterday.  The quick lateral stuff was moderately effective but we needed more quick vertical stuff also.  Rodgers didn't have the luxury of time in letting our long-strider receivers get separation.

Based on the redzone, it had nothing to do with long striding receivers and a lot to do with the return of last year's Rodgers. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Based on the redzone, it had nothing to do with long striding receivers and a lot to do with the return of last year's Rodgers. 

Was it all on Rodgers or was the play-calling suspect also?  I mean, if the box is loaded to stop the run, AND, they're getting home to Rodgers, the ball has to come out quickly and decisively, no?  So who's to blame?

19 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He didn't have a consistent running game because the Bucs loaded the box. He was seeing friendly coverage looks. He needed to convert them. 

They didn't even have a bad running game.  I don't understand this takeaway I've been seeing from people; they only ran the ball 16 times all game, for 4.2 YPC.  The run game was productive, they just didn't use it.  Rodgers pulled the ball because the Bucs stacked the box?  Fine, but as you said then he better convert on those.  This was on Rodgers, because he put it on himself.  

22 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

They didn't even have a bad running game.  I don't understand this takeaway I've been seeing from people; they only ran the ball 16 times all game, for 4.2 YPC.  The run game was productive, they just didn't use it.  Rodgers pulled the ball because the Bucs stacked the box?  Fine, but as you said then he better convert on those.  This was on Rodgers, because he put it on himself.  

game script matters for sure.   How the defense is playing you factors into the # of run attempts.   Game score and situation also factors in.  

From the early part of the 3rd quarter, GB was trailing by 18 points.  Needing to score and somewhat quickly to make a game of it.

43 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Was it all on Rodgers or was the play-calling suspect also?  I mean, if the box is loaded to stop the run, AND, they're getting home to Rodgers, the ball has to come out quickly and decisively, no?  So who's to blame?

All 22b isn't out yet, hard to say.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah he made some good ones and missed some that were there especially in the first half. He got his head a bit more into the game in the second half and hung in there and delivered a few nice balls. 

The biggest factor in the outcome was the OLines, both ours and theirs. Our Oline, minus Bak, got dominated in both the run and the pass. Their OLine held up, at least in pass protect, giving Brady time. Yes, we can point to mistakes, missed opportunities in the passing game, but it all stems from the pressure allowed. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, squire12 said:

game script matters for sure.   How the defense is playing you factors into the # of run attempts.   Game score and situation also factors in.  

From the early part of the 3rd quarter, GB was trailing by 18 points.  Needing to score and somewhat quickly to make a game of it.

The Packers had the ball 3 times trailing by one score in the 4th quarter.  They ran the ball once on those three drives, for 9 yards.  Sure the game script plays into it, but this was a lot more about not wanting to run the ball than not being able to.

This is all a bit silly.

Rodgers is worth more to Green Bay than to anyone else. He benefits a lot from timing with receivers and time in the system. Its not in Green Bay's interests to trade him and its probably that good a move for someone else to give up a huge amount given it would probably take him a season to get the best out of him by which point he will be nearly 40.

Trade value goes out of the window with QBs. If we trade him, we will be carrying a huge cap hit with a QB who hasn't proven that he can be a NFL backup. Realistically if we trade him we are almost certainly tanking the 2021 season. Coaches and GMs aren't going to voluntarily go from title contenders to first overall pick contenders. They just aren't. Rebuilding projects can take a long time, they might never get to compete again if there are teething troubles. As a fan, I don't really want to have to wait till September 22 before we play competitively again.

2022 is a possibility but if Rodgers plays 2021 like the played 2020 then its very unlikely unless Love truly looks amazing next year. If he still looks a project and Rodgers is a top QB then its incredibly unlikely.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If Rodgers is truly "done", that's his decision to retire.

The man played simply amazing football this year.  And...he can be even better.

The more I read the thread and some other threads, the more I'm certain that we do not deserve this Aaron Rodgers.

I agree. If GB is paying exorbitant prices for regular season heroics, they should also extend to the postseason. We deserve someone who plays up to their contract in nfcc games.