This might be it for Rodgers

pf9

7 hours ago, Pugger said:

Were you around in the 70s and 80s?   HOF QBs don't grow on trees.  I for one don't want to go thru 20+ years like that again.

Let's suppose we entertain this notion of trading him.   Is there a team out there that will give us the capitol (draft picks and players) to rebuild this team for a 37 year old QB?  If we are going to move on we better get a boat load for AR.  Yes Brady went to the Bucs but he was a free agent and decided not to resign with NE.  Aaron is under contract for 3 more years.  I'm not sure if this new team will have to honor the contract he signed with us or not.  MLF emphatically said yesterday after the game he wants him back so I doubt he is going anywhere in 2021.

I agree Pugger....Many on here don't remember those lean years and bad teams....They really should embrace the successes this team has experienced from the time Ron Wolf became GM up until the present, because future success is never guaranteed....

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Well ****, I didn't take into account how much heart he played with, let me change up my stance completely.

He wouldn't throw 768 times in a season so your per season numbers are garbage. He would have a few TDs vultured by the run game because we did nothing but throw to Adams (except the one play he was successful). 

It was a bad throw even without the penalty, and people need to be honest with themselves, that wasn't that obnoxious of a penalty. Worse doesn't get called all the time. 

This looked like last year's Rodgers. Holding the ball, running into sacks, staring down Adams, etc.

The difference between Rodgers and the rest of the team is that when Rodgers makes a mistake, the fanbase starts turning over every stone to find somebody else to blame. When other players on the roster make a mistake, they get shredded.

It really is like some folks didn't learn from the Favre era. Aaron, like Brett, is easily one of the best to play the game.

But they haven't been blameless in not getting more Super Bowls.

4 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

The Packers had the ball 3 times trailing by one score in the 4th quarter.  They ran the ball once on those three drives, for 9 yards.  Sure the game script plays into it, but this was a lot more about not wanting to run the ball than not being able to.

After the 2nd and 3rd int they went 3 and out.  Not much opportunity to establish the run.  

On 1/24/2021 at 3:40 PM, Outpost31 said:

I’m done with football.

It’s a stupid waste of time that is not only a waste of time, but leaves you feeling like **** at the end of every year.

i am agreeing with this.

maybe i will take back my sundays and just watch playoffs like i do with mlb and nba

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vegas492 said:

If Rodgers is truly "done", that's his decision to retire.

The man played simply amazing football this year.  And...he can be even better.

The more I read the thread and some other threads, the more I'm certain that we do not deserve this Aaron Rodgers.

I have a feeling these fans are spoiled and think going from one great QB to another is commonplace and that just doesn't happen.  Unless Love was worth moving up to get (and who knows if he is) it might be a long wait before we witness a QB of Rodgers' caliber wearing green and gold again.  Why anyone would want to make that gamble with a guy playing at this high a level doesn't compute for me.

13 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Well ****, I didn't take into account how much heart he played with, let me change up my stance completely.

He wouldn't throw 768 times in a season so your per season numbers are garbage. He would have a few TDs vultured by the run game because we did nothing but throw to Adams (except the one play he was successful). 

It was a bad throw even without the penalty, and people need to be honest with themselves, that wasn't that obnoxious of a penalty. Worse doesn't get called all the time. 

This looked like last year's Rodgers. Holding the ball, running into sacks, staring down Adams, etc.

The difference between Rodgers and the rest of the team is that when Rodgers makes a mistake, the fanbase starts turning over every stone to find somebody else to blame. When other players on the roster make a mistake, they get shredded.

Rodgers wasn't the only great QB who didn't play up to his standards at Lambeau Field on Sunday but it didn't matter to him.  His teammates played better than the younger one's did and that is why Tampa is going to the SB and not GB.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Malfatron said:

i am agreeing with this.

maybe i will take back my sundays and just watch playoffs like i do with mlb and nba

Yeah, I can see myself doing that.

This whole refreshing the ****ing page every ten minutes during free agency, bitching and moaning on here for Gute to do something, telling all of you how defense is the only thing that matters, how much Pettine sucks and will never win us a Super Bowl, watching 16 games (17 now) getting all hyped up for the chances?

Nope.

I might watch highlights (depending on how many points I see the Packers allowed), but I'm done wasting my time for this much hurt.

I feel like if I didn't watch 16 games, didn't spend so much time setting myself up for disappointment, playoffs would be easier to take a butt ****ing to. 

Maybe I'll watch the premier games, the ones against good teams.

But I will not - I ****ING WILL NOT - tolerate **** defense anymore.

I swear to God if Pettine isn't fired, I will never watch a single play, highlight, purposefully look at another score.  Nothing. 

Removing this site and PFT from my bookmarks helped.  Still some withdrawal symptoms, especially right after waking up, but I'm hoping to start reading as soon as I wake up instead of opening up the ole laptop. 

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I can see myself doing that.

This whole refreshing the ****ing page every ten minutes during free agency, bitching and moaning on here for Gute to do something, telling all of you how defense is the only thing that matters, how much Pettine sucks and will never win us a Super Bowl, watching 16 games (17 now) getting all hyped up for the chances?

Nope.

I might watch highlights (depending on how many points I see the Packers allowed), but I'm done wasting my time for this much hurt.

I feel like if I didn't watch 16 games, didn't spend so much time setting myself up for disappointment, playoffs would be easier to take a butt ****ing to. 

Maybe I'll watch the premier games, the ones against good teams.

But I will not - I ****ING WILL NOT - tolerate **** defense anymore.

I swear to God if Pettine isn't fired, I will never watch a single play, highlight, purposefully look at another score.  Nothing. 

Removing this site and PFT from my bookmarks helped.  Still some withdrawal symptoms, especially right after waking up, but I'm hoping to start reading as soon as I wake up instead of opening up the ole laptop. 

I haven't gone that far not watching sports.  That being said, if I can do other things, I have on occasion taped my favorite sports teams and watched them later if they won and don't if they lose.  I'm an older guy and just can't handle watching a 2-3 hour game and see them piss it away ... heart and anger management can't take it.  The thrill of real time winning or losing just isn't as important any more.