So... what now?

ET80

How many of you plan on sticking around?

Who you going to follow? What teams interest you? If you're leaving, is there anything the Texans can do to get you back?

I'll go first:

- I'm not sticking around. Once Watson is gone, I'm probably going to focus on the Astros, maybe even get the Rockets back in my life.

- I'll watch football, but no real affiliation to any particular franchise. I'll follow players, maybe... Watson, Derrick Henry, Trevor Lawrence, Pat Mahomes, Alvin Kamara. It might be better, not really being pigeon holed into a team. I really fell off on CFB, might start watching more SEC football.

- If Cal sells the team... or if he fires Easterby AND admits he made a huge mistake in letting Easterby have so much influence. I'll come back on the outskirts; I don't think I'll ever be as passionate as I once was, but I'll pay attention at the least.

• Like 2

Some of the same... Was not a huge fan of college football (outside of USC - dad; Texas - sister).

But USC did lead me to Ronnie Lott and to the 49ers. (I was a 49ers fan originally; then a 49ers & Texans fan... and then the Niners passed on Rogers for Smith and I rage quit them)

I enjoy the business side of the NFL which is what makes the whole Texans' debacle so infuriating.

• Like 2

trying to analyze my emotions on this team lately. I just feel like... I've lost all respect for the org, all the hope is gone. When I started watching in 2012-2013ish, I had like, this very non-football watching view of the team thats like.. i know the team isnt great and they havent done anything, but I'm still proud of it and of our best players (JJ, AJ, etc). There was always something I could latch on to even in the worst situations over the past decade. A "maybe next year-!" or "we just need to get X kind of player on the team..." There is nothing right now. I expect even fringe guys that I like to be gone soon. And the worst part? If they dont trade Watson or even if they some how convince him to stay (doubt) it's pretty much tainted going forward. We'll always know he's unhappy here and how much he hates it here every losing season we have going forward with him, and very likely that there will be a lot of losing seasons going forward as is. 

I am ... disassociating with the team. I expect watson to get traded and I expect to be disappointed with what they get for him and JJ, and I expect us to be irrelevant for the next 5 years minimum, and i feel nothing anymore. There is still a tiny ember in me that burns for this team and wants it to be good but I'm just too hurt right now to feel anything at all, much less hope.

I dont think i really have it in me to be a fan of another team, like not in the way I was a houston fan. Maybe I'll go to a saints game or something, we'll see how it turns out. I hope JJ goes to greenbay bc I'd love to root for him there. Idk I think i'm just going to get really into Hockey for the next few months

• Like 1

Once Watson is traded, I’m planning on being out.

Growing up in Connecticut, it never made much sense for me to become a Texans fan, it was just an illogical choice I made when I was 10 years old (new fan, new team!) that stuck and has since driven me crazy for the majority of the time for the past 18 years. 

I might try rooting for the Eagles and see how that goes, the rest of my family are Eagles fan and getting to watch Jalen Hurts  could be a good entry point. I’ll definitely be rooting for Watson wherever he goes too and I think I’ll just start to root more-so for players than a team. I already started to do this this year with Hop and the Cardinals. 

However, to @Pastor Dillon ‘s point, I don’t know if I would be able to just flip a switch like that and no longer care about the Texans, but if there was ever a time that I might be able to it would be when the Texans trade Watson, so we’ll see!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m not a Texans fan by choice. It’s just who I am. If I could choose to like another team, I’d have left long ago. My team is my team. Gonna suck, but I’m here for life. 

I respect this - I guess it's easier for me to disassociate from this team because I remember life pre-Texans and post-Oilers; I just sort of floated around.

I followed Warren Moon a bit, I loved Moon (he's probably the reason I'm a fan to begin with). I followed the Panthers because they had a guy from my HS on their team (Winslow Oliver - @jch1911, did you know him?) But it was just existing. I got to know every team in some capacity. 

I have no trust in this organization. That's how I know I've got to disassociate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Winnie and I were a year apart at KHS.

My sister dated his older brother O.C. Oliver (Clements HS).  O.C. played RB at Colorado.  OC got hurt and was replaced by.... Eric Bieniemy.

Wow, how funny! 🤣

How many of you plan on sticking around? I'm probably going to stick around even if/when Watson leaves, but from a distance. Also because I've grown fond of the fellow posters on here, so at least we can commiserate together? I've followed since 2002 so it's hard to just dip out, but I feel incredibly disinterested. It's going to be a rough few years so I think that's my automatic response to protecting myself from getting too hurt by this team. I still love the draft so expect me to be active in the off-season more. 

Who you going to follow? What teams interest you?  I've been big into hockey and soccer since I was last active on the boards so I'll keep watching Dallas Stars and Chelsea FC. I'll always follow anything Texas Tech and San Antonio Spurs even though they're up and down right now. The wife is a die hard 49ers so I'll support them as well (happy wife, happy life and what not). I'll also follow Mahomes as a Red Raider and Watson as well.

If you're leaving, is there anything the Texans can do to get you back? I won't be fully returning until Easterby is gone and Cal is completely out of the way, very similar to the 49ers and how they got rid of Baalke and Jed York got out of the way 

• Like 3