Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

17 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

I mean, I think it's pretty clear that Josina's source is from someone inside the WFT FO.  Of course they think their offer is better.  I feel like you can pretty safely assume that 1.19 was offered up.  Maybe more.

3 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

There is also a general idea that the FO in Detroit wanted to do right by Stafford and not send him to Washington. I have no idea as to the validity of that, however.

I mean, there's logic in that.  I think the idea that the Lions took their best 2-3 offers and told Stafford he could pick between them would make the most sense.

• Like 2

The WFT angle is weird.

• They have a very good D with a loaded D-line.
  • They have promising young RB1 and WR1
  • They have a decent O-line and a good coach.
  • Their division is a mess.

I'm not sure keeping Stafford off that team is a favor.

I

Just now, SkippyX said:

The WFT angle is weird.

• They have a very good D with a loaded D-line.
  • They have promising young RB1 and WR1
  • They have a decent O-line and a good coach.
  • Their division is a mess.

I'm not sure keeping Stafford off that team is a favor.

I

Counterpoint: They have Dan Snyder.

Definite favor.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

For the record, it's called the Dalton Scale, not the Dalton Line. The Dalton Scale was coined by Chris Wesseling in a podcast back in like 2013, and was just the vague idea that if your QB is better than Andy Dalton, you keep him long term, and if he's worse, you don't. Googling the Dalton Line just takes you to some Jaguars blog about evaluating draft prospects at QB based on Andy Dalton.

Both are silly, arbitrary, out of date, and useless concepts.

So Matts, you should really get your terms right before you get pretentious and uppity with everyone about not knowing a phrase that you yourself apparently don't know.

Masterful. 

• Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Counterpoint: They have Dan Snyder.

Definite favor.

He has been so beaten down by both football ineptitude and the sexual harassment stuff that he is going hands off pretty hard.

The GM and coach have the power to make decisions.

They brought in good people throughout the organization.

I think Snyder is a monster but his football problem was not in what he did, its what he allowed stupid and terrible people to do. They are all gone now.

I get that the stink is still there.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Carr's small hands are an issue as well. IIRC he's like 2-18 in games played when it's under 40 degrees and also leads the league in fumbles almost every season. 

baby-hands-closeup-shot-white-background

yeh I said he should try to keep using the glove on his throwing hand for a bit. It definitively helps a player to have a better grip on the ball and with today's technology you lose almost nothing in "feel". It almost all psychological anyways and considering he has a perceived problem with his small hand it may help him tremendously... Dunno but he should at least try.

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Lions didn't have McVay, a plethora of weapons, or the #1 defense in the NFL. To a lesser extent this is like the Chiefs going from Smith to Mahomes. 

Stafford had Golden Tate, Marvin Jones, Anquan Boldin, and Eric Ebron in the playoff game where he scored 6 points against Seattle. The Rams #1 defense got absolutely shredded by the Packers, so that's not a selling point in discussing that game. 

This is nothing like the Chiefs going from Smith to Mahomes. This is like the Chiefs going from Smith to Philip Rivers. 

• Like 1

Maybe we just need to rework the draft for pretentious people with subjective ratings.

We can have 4 first round picks that go the the final 4 teams because they are the best players and going to good teams will be justice and their talent will flow.

Then we start the normal draft with round 2 and all the undeserving players can be drafted. 🤣

If you are a QB with the 5th overall pick then you are in round 2 and its totally worth the risk in round 2.

26 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Well, first of all, I dont like QB Rating as my preferred stat. Its probably 5th. But it is in the most popular 3, so lets check the scoreboard (while we ignore things like surrounding talent, health, coaching) :

Last 5 years:

Passing Rushing
Rk Player From To AV G QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Rate Lng Int Sk Yds Y/A AY/A NY/A ANY/A
Att Yds TD Y/A Lng
1 Matthew Stafford 2016 2020 58 72 32-39-1 1652 2533 65.2 19133 119 96.0 73 46 180 1149 7.6 7.68 6.63 6.74 140 554 2 4.0 24
2 Jared Goff 2016 2020 52 69 42-27-0 1536 2421 63.4 18171 107 91.5 94 55 129 948 7.5 7.37 6.75 6.62 163 314 10 1.9 22

Last 2 years:

Passing Rushing
Rk Player From To AV G QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Rate Lng Int Sk Yds Y/A AY/A NY/A ANY/A
Att Yds TD Y/A Lng
1 Matthew Stafford 2019 2020 20 24 8-15-1 526 819 64.2 6583 45 99.8 73 15 56 391 8.0 8.31 7.08 7.33 49 178 0 3.6 17
2 Jared Goff 2019 2020 21 31 18-13-0 764 1178 64.9 8590 42 88.1 66 29 45 331 7.3 6.90 6.75 6.37 84 139 6 1.7 10

And if we look at the past four years, Goff's ANY/A is 7.0 vs. 6.8 for Stafford. Additionally, Goff didn't miss half of the 2019 season when looking at the past two years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Feel free to compare Goff and Andrew Luck through 5 years.

Let me know if Luck was also garbage.

And I hate to use this comparison, but Goff and Peyton Manning have nearly identical career trends through their age-26 season. I'm not saying Goff is Peyton Manning. But the NFL has gotten so impatient with QBs. 27 to 30 years old is where you see the jump for pocket passers. Even Matt Stafford made that jump.