FF Big Brother 9: Swoosh wins!!

Malfatron

On 5/9/2021 at 3:58 PM, swoosh said:

The first part of your first question is a valid one, although still factually incorrect. I won two competitions this game. But yes, Outpost won more. A lot more. He without question is just better overall when it comes to challenges. But let's put all the facts on the table. He played in more challenges than me. A lot more. Six to be exact. The vetos are easier to win because you're only going against five people. I played in very little vetos early on. How one weighs challenges is up to them. I'm not going to fault anybody who puts a lot of stock into that. What he did was impressive, but let's not ignore that some of these are purely luck based. We all know that. One of his 3 HoH wins was the king of the hill challenge. You and I both put in the exact same strategy going all defense (except you had 1 speed, nice one btw). Why did we do that? Because it's mathematically the best strategy. It didn't pay off. That's how it goes sometime. I did that a lot and it just didn't work out at times. I don't regret any of my moves. I'd do it all over again. You play the odds, but with a sample size this small, it's not always going to work out. 

As far as hiding behind Ted and Shady, I have no idea where that's coming from. They'll even tell you we made our own moves. We made our own votes. Just because you didn't know about it, doesn't mean I hid behind them. Obviously keeping it a secret was by design. And having them do my own dirty work is far from the truth. Believe it or not, Shady won less challenges than me, and Ted didn't get hot until the end. If anything, I had Outpost do more dirty work for me. 

I deserve to win because challenges aside, I played a perfect game. I mastered the social game without throwing out false promises, managed to be the only one in the house to stay off the block the whole game, showed I could adapt, and was in absolute full control of the game at all times. There wasn't a single vote where I didn't know the outcome before Malf announced it. Outpost can't say the same thing there. And yes, I even knew the result of the Pickle/Outpost vote before. 

As far as me saying I'd rather be loyal than winning, it's a combination for a couple of things. For one, loyalty is huge for me. I meant that so that wasn't a lie. I enjoy the social aspect of this game and being true to my word, where I can. Lying for the sake of lying is just not who I am. To boot, you called me an idiot for not backstabbing Shady. Loyalty aside, how would that even have benefited me in the slightest? Truth be told, I think Outpost has a better case than Shady would have had (not saying Shady's case would be weak by any measure). Shady isn't sitting here against me. Outpost is. Throwing loyalty out the window, keeping Shady was the right move for me. Orca could've gone either way with Outpost and myself, whereas I knew I had Shady on my side 100%. It was a tough call, but one I'd make again if I were in that situation again. Secondly, the exact quote was something along the lines of "I'd rather be loyal to Shady than win with you." And that's true too. I don't like the way you play the game. Some of the things you say in thread cross the line for me. We're all playing Big Brother on a football forum. No need to get all worked about it. I know you'll whine over my response, but try taking a step back. Realize that you were voted out over Outpost, despite Outpost being the bigger threat. Why is that? It's because I'm not the only one who thinks you cross the line. I actually enjoyed interacting with you before that. You did bring excitement to the thread and the game in general. But you don't need to cross the line with some of the things you say. 

@jasonwbantle

3/31/2021 “I don't have anything against the twins but they need to be broken up, they'll obviously never go against each other”

”if you put them both up from the jump, decent chance 1 removes themself right (33% chance 1 wins the veto). then it comes down to votes, I think you'd have enough to vote the remaining one out personally”

regarding backdooring a twin “1 twin + dwight/outpost”

so backdoor one? “yeah, I'm thinking that's your best option”

1 minute ago, jasonwbantle said:

TLDR

so how do I put our discord chat (I took a camera shot of) proving you’re a liar? It won’t paste....

Welp my darn, I did say that. @The Orca @Pickle Rick for visibility. But this was not at the time of your HoH when you had any sort of power. It was on 3/21. You said "I know more must be aligned with the twins" so I thought you might be onto my alliance. I responded with "I don't have anything against the twins but they need to be broken up, they'll obviously never go against each other".

I would hope my actions speak louder than my words here.

Just now, swoosh said:

Welp my darn, I did say that. @The Orca @Pickle Rick for visibility. But this was not at the time of your HoH when you had any sort of power. It was on 3/21. You said "I know more must be aligned with the twins" so I thought you might be onto my alliance. I responded with "I don't have anything against the twins but they need to be broken up, they'll obviously never go against each other".

I would hope my actions speak louder than my words here.

Owned. I’m right agin and you’re wrong again. Sit down

14 minutes ago, jasonwbantle said:

Stop being a b i t c h and own up to your **** and don’t call me a liar when you lied the entire game.

remember this next time, boys.

I am owning up to it. I didn't believe it, which is why I asked you to prove it. In reading up on it now, you were asking me a qualifying question. I wanted to keep my alliances a secret and you have no idea how I would've voted. On my mother's grave, Orca/Pickle were 3/4 behind Shady/Ted. I would've voted to saved them in any elimination vote except where it involved Shady/Ted, but when someone comes at you that early saying "I know more must be aligned with the twins", that's likely where my head was at with that response. It looks bad and I realize that. Ultimately as long as @Pickle Rick @The Orca believe I'm being honest here, that's all that really matters. 

There are endless quotes that can be taken out of the context in this game and that's why screenshotting is a no-no. Ultimately I asked you to prove it so that's my fault for doing that. But I guess that shows how confident I was with my true intentions.

Edited by swoosh

2 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I am owning up to it. I didn't believe it, which is why I asked you to prove it. In reading up on it now, you were asking me a qualifying question. I wanted to keep my alliances a secret and you have no idea how I would've voted. On my mother's grave, Orca/Pickle were 3/4 behind Shady/Ted. I would've voted to saved them in any elimination, but when someone comes at you that early saying "I know more must be aligned with the twins", that's likely where my head was at with that response. It looks bad and I realize that. Ultimately as long as @Pickle Rick @The Orca believe I'm being honest here, that's all that really matters. 

There are endless quotes that can be taken out of the context in this game and that's why screenshotting is a no-no. Ultimately I asked you to prove it so that's my fault for doing that. But I guess that shows how confident I was with my true intentions.

Nothing was out of context. You lied. And I proved you wrong. You called me a liar when you’ve been proven time and again to be one yourself. And unlike an adult you couldn’t man up to it and apologize. You just try to spin it. I’m done. I can’t wait for the next time we can play.

Bantle out 

Edited by jasonwbantle

11 minutes ago, jasonwbantle said:

Nothing was out of context. You lied. And I proved you wrong. You called me a liar when you’ve been proven time and again to be one yourself. And unlike an adult you couldn’t man up to it and apologize. You just try to spin it. I’m done. I can’t wait for the next time we can play.

Bantle out 

Words are words and I can't prove to you or anybody that I didn't want to break them up, but I understand how this can look. In this case, I'm hoping my actions speak louder than my words. If I had any intentions of breaking up the Twins, I would have voted out Pickle in the Outpost vote. Ultimately, I couldn't care less about your opinion Jason, but I do apologize @The Orca @Pickle Rick. All I can say is I never would've actually voted like that. I certainly didn't tell the truth 100% of the time. Hell, me lying to Jason about the Orca/Shady was another one. Hope you guys can understand where I'm coming from here, but realize you only have words to judge things off so it's tough. I don't even care about your vote anymore, just hoping I didn't damage anything beyond this game cause you are top dudes in my book. I've always maintained that in my actions, not just in Survivor or Big Brother. 

100% why screenshots should be forbidden. They can do a lot of damage. Also, 100% my fault for asking Jason to prove it. I remember my intentions this game, but not every response. 

As I've said throughout this entire jury process, my totem pole for me was:

1) Shady/Ted

2) Orca/Pickle

3) Daboyle/Josh (midway through)

I'm not trying to hide behind anything. I apologize for the quote. 

Edited by swoosh

55 minutes ago, jasonwbantle said:

regarding backdooring a twin “1 twin + dwight/outpost”

so backdoor one? “yeah, I'm thinking that's your best option”

And if only there was a vote where 1 twin + dwight/outpost were on the block together...I wonder where my vote would go. Hmm.

• Like 1

Vote is in.

I appreciated playing with and against you both this game. You both have been great competitors throughout the game in two very different ways and both deserve to be here over any of us. Congrats to both and we will have a very deserving winner, whoever of you two that is. 

• Like 4

I just... I know I should just let it be, but I just saw Swoosh's response to Jason (I had also missed it).  I just don't like Swoosh saying he got me to do his dirty work.  I don't believe it is accurate at all.

I did no dirty work whatsoever this game.

If you speak with me during these games you know I have already made my decision by the time I win something.  I give people a chance to change my mind, but nobody got me to do their dirty work.

ET?  Just like I did with Shady, I nominated ET because ET volunteered to get nominated.  Pretty easy decision there.  I was lied to by Swoosh, Gopher and Orca on that one.  I did no dirty work. 

Dwight?  Again, the only dirty work I did was convince Jason to switch sides to me by telling him that Shady and Ted would eventually vote him out while I would take him to the final two.  No dirty work when you're on the block next to someone. 

Gopher?  In no way, shape or form can anybody take credit for getting rid of Gopher but me.  It was my plan from the very beginning.  If it failed, one of Ted/Shady would be gone.  I wanted Gopher gone because of the three (Ted, Shady, Gopher), Gopher was the only one who blatantly lied to or deceived me, and he did it three straight times.  With Shady and Ted, both of them were upfront with me. 

Orca?  Swoosh could make a case that he convinced Jason to put Orca up, but Jason wanted to put Swoosh up and I convinced Jason that Swoosh was more likely to vote out Shady than Orca was.  That was my error, but still... Jason had been wary of Swoosh for quite a while and I was the one talking Jason out of going after Swoosh. 

Ted/Shady were obvious.

So I just don't like Swoosh saying he had me do his dirty work because it's not true.  He deceived me, but his deception did not interfere with my decision making on nominations, veto use or votes.  Throughout the whole game.