2021 off-season discussion

BStanRamFan

3 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I more so mean In terms of wanting to re-sign anyone. I had a feeling they’d get Floyd back before noon today which I believe is the deadline. And I know nothing is official until the 17th, but deals always get done in this period as soon as “legal tampering” starts so I hoped they’d at least have the restructures done. I guess they can also see who they’ll get and make room by Wednesday if they choose to go after anyone in the first wave.. which I really doubt right now. 

Imo the only ones in this two day period we ever had a chance at were our own free agents and guys that wouldn’t count against the comp pick formula. I’d wager our restructures are already done just haven’t been announced.

2 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Imo the only ones in this two day period we ever had a chance at were our own free agents and guys that wouldn’t count against the comp pick formula. I’d wager our restructures are already done just haven’t been announced.

That’s kind of what I’m thinking. This FO is does a great job of not having things leaked. Sucks for us but probably what they want so no one has any idea what they’re doing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

I more so mean In terms of wanting to re-sign anyone. I had a feeling they’d get Floyd back before noon today which I believe is the deadline. And I know nothing is official until the 17th, but deals always get done in this period as soon as “legal tampering” starts so I hoped they’d at least have the restructures done. I guess they can also see who they’ll get and make room by Wednesday if they choose to go after anyone in the first wave.. which I really doubt right now. 

There is no "deadline"

46 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

There is no "deadline"

They obviously can still bring him back.. but I meant before he could officially talk to other teams. Still a deadline.. no? Teams would like to sign certain players before they could speak to other teams sometimes. 

Just now, MDY10 said:

They obviously can still bring him back.. but I meant before he could officially talk to other teams. Still a deadline.. no? Teams would like to sign certain players before they could speak to other teams sometimes. 

These guys have all been in contact with any team interested in them for weeks. Like since the end of the season, its ridiculous to believe anyone actually abides by these things any more.

How does Janu Smith get that much money from the Patriots 20 min into the "Tampering period" if they havent been talking for a while now?

• Like 1

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

These guys have all been in contact with any team interested in them for weeks. Like since the end of the season, its ridiculous to believe anyone actually abides by these things any more.

How does Janu Smith get that much money from the Patriots 20 min into the "Tampering period" if they havent been talking for a while now?

Right.. I get that. That’s always been known. Was just saying I thought they’d have it done before noon. Also Safe to say this year is a bit different though. It didn’t pop off like it normally does. Few deals, nothing crazy. 

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

We could POTENTIALLY have a 1st round pick if someone makes an offer to sign him. I do not want that, but it's possible. If we did, I'd fully expect that 1st to be traded for a proven vet. 

Id love to have him back.. but wouldn’t be upset with a first round pick. It’s a win win imo. Do we think someone is actually willing to make  that trade though? He’s had one good year. 

7 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Id love to have him back.. but wouldn’t be upset with a first round pick. It’s a win win imo. Do we think someone is actually willing to make  that trade though? He’s had one good year. 

I doubt it. He's going to be in horns next year, but will need to be paid after that. If he is signed to an offer sheet, I feel like the Rams likely won't match it and take the 1st rounder. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Right.. I get that. That’s always been known. Was just saying I thought they’d have it done before noon. Also Safe to say this year is a bit different though. It didn’t pop off like it normally does. Few deals, nothing crazy. 

Yea, and in the past, this has been an exciting time for rams fans out the gate in Free Agency, so I can understand being antsy right now. But as Ive stated multiple times, we just dont have the same wiggle room as in the past, or even compared to the rest of the league right now.

As some have mentioned, Im sure we have the restructures on deck, and we will execute them as needed, but not until we have to. I cant imagine they want to commit more guaranteed dollars to the last few years in Ramsey's contract before they absolutely have to. (because as we all know, it could go off the rails at any point)

Being completely honest, Im shocked we are even attempting to bring Floyd back, unless he thinks he can cash in even more next year? And he does a Taysom Hill style phantom contract?

Just feels like its about to be alot of rumors/whispers for the Rams, with not much execution for a bit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Being completely honest, Im shocked we are even attempting to bring Floyd back, unless he thinks he can cash in even more next year? And he does a Taysom Hill style phantom contract?

That’s very true. Maybe take advantage of having one more year with AD. If you’re the rams, I don’t get why you sign him. It was said a few days ago.. AD is a 3rd round comp generator. I’d keep that going lol 

• Like 1