2021 off-season discussion

BStanRamFan

7 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

You're just assuming things based on no information whatsoever. We have no clue what his cap hit will be. So instead doom and gloom, why don't we wait to find out more before we jump to conclusions.

Im basing off of real life, not some fairy tale madden mode nonsense.

Sure, I dont know his actual cap hit, But I also know that hes not playing for FREE in 2021. He has a pro rated signing bonus and at the very least a vet minimum salary (although in reality it will be much higher than that).

And on top of that, we have the Tenders to pay out that were already announced, and the approximate value of those is already known.

And once again, we still have Draft Picks to sign, and their bonus money. 

Edited by StLunatic88

10 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im basing off of real life, not some fairy tale madden mode nonsense.

We've traded every 1st round pick we've add in the near future. We're eating dead cap like it's cheerios. We just brought in Stafford for Goff. Look around dude, we're essentially playing Madden. Not to mention, the rest of the league is too when you consider Russel Wilson and DeShaun Watson are being mentioned in trade talks. This is how the NFL is now so the previous line of thinking is antiquated. Hell, BB just spent money in FA for the first time ever. Adapt or die.

10 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Sure, I dont know his actual cap hit, But I also know that hes not playing for FREE in 2021. He has a pro rated signing bonus and at the very least a vet minimum salary (although in reality it will be much higher

Could of just ended the sentence there. Once we know more, we can make accurate assumptions. Until we see hard figures, everyone is just speculating off their own interests. 

Edited by BStanRamFan

15 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

If we needed -33M to get to even, then this would account for that plus Floyd. However, it does not include what a Stafford extension would save. I'm normally the first person to believe realiable sources (Rapoport), but I don't think we're done if Stafford gets extended.

I'm not even sure where Rapoport said that. Just basing it off Sosa's tweet.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

This is how the NFL is now so the previous line of thinking is antiquated. Hell, BB just spent money in FA for the first time ever. Adapt or die.

This is how it has always worked. What are you even talking about? Congrats on just realizing it I guess/

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Could of just ended the sentence there. Once we know more, we can make accurate assumptions. Until we see hard figures, everyone is just speculating off their own interests. 

Actually you couldnt, because everything else I said there was relevant. So much so that your next post literally called out what I was saying. But good to see you havent changed your ways of keeping yourself in your own little bubble so you feel better about it.

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

This is how it has always worked. What are you even talking about? Congrats on just realizing it I guess/

No. The previous way was constantly building for the future and through the draft, over valuing 1st round picks, shy away from splashy or risky moves. That is no longer the case. It is much more like Madden now as opposed to your statement of "We're not playing Madden". 

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Actually you couldnt, because everything else I said there was relevant. So much so that your next post literally called out what I was saying. But good to see you havent changed your ways of keeping yourself in your own little bubble so you feel better about it.

Rapoport's statement did not include Stafford's potential extension. I still do not think we go into the season with just the draft and current roster. I expect to sign a few vet minimum guys later in FA. Would also not be surprised to see a trade. 

Good to see you're still a turd in every aspect of the word. Don't go changing on me Lunatic; I won't be able to bear it. 

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

No. The previous way was constantly building for the future and through the draft, over valuing 1st round picks, shy away from splashy or risky moves. That is no longer the case. It is much more like Madden now as opposed to your statement of "We're not playing Madden". 

News Flash, that is still a way, plenty of teams are doing it. And signing a bunch of Free Agents, and giving up draft picks to win right now has also always been done. You guys all think this is some new age thing that is revolutionary to the league because you're in the middle of it now. Sure the consecutive Firsts given up and the amount of Dead cap taken on is a new level, but this has been a way to try to buy a Super Bowl for a long time now.

Not to mention you all keep acting like this has already been a success, and there is zero chance of a downfall to this path. Be happy, be excited, no one is telling you not to, but when you scoff at every person who says "watch out for that cliff" well... you better hope they win that Super Bowl.

11 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Good to see you're still a turd in every aspect of the word. Don't go changing on me Lunatic; I won't be able to bear it. 

Yea, Im the turd around here, sure thing. In all those different aspects of the word. Gotta love the lack of self awareness around here

21 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

News Flash, that is still a way, plenty of teams are doing it. And signing a bunch of Free Agents, and giving up draft picks to win right now has also always been done. You guys all think this is some new age thing that is revolutionary to the league because you're in the middle of it now. Sure the consecutive Firsts given up and the amount of Dead cap taken on is a new level, but this has been a way to try to buy a Super Bowl for a long time now.

If you think the way the NFL has been operating the last 5-7 years is the way it's always has been then you're more delusional then I ever could have imagined. The aggressiveness of GM's has greatly increased, rookie QB's have experienced more success early on and we've had more talent at the QB position then in recent memory. Offenses used to shy away from mimicking college concepts and now they are embracing it to ease, the idea of "going all in" is more relevant than ever. Cap gymnastics is at gold medal levels. The new TV deal will skyrocket the cap to 220M which is a 19% increase vs current year, which is admittedly lower due to COVID, but still would be the biggest ever. If you don't think GM"s are aware of this and making decisions based off of it, then idk what to tell you. You talk about about the downfall like it's not even being considered in any decision we're making. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, the guys being paid to do this for a living have a better idea of how to do it then a bunch of guys on a message board who read Spotrac?

21 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, Im the turd around here, sure thing. In all those different aspects of the word. Gotta love the lack of self awareness around here

You do you and I'll do me bud. No need to butt heads on every topic when we clearly don't see value in what the other is saying.  Board doesn't need to be bogged down with us disagreeing. Keep it to the team (myself included)

Edited by BStanRamFan

10 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

If you think the way the NFL has been operating the last 5-7 years is the way it's always has been then you're more delusional then I ever could have imagined.

Honestly it shouldnt shock me how much you dont pay attention to the history of the league with how obviously short sighted you are going the other way. You act like the Eagles didnt plan for years and try to put together the Dream Team in 2011. Or that Ditka didnt trade an entire draft for Ricky Williams in '99. Or that the biggest player trade that everyone refers to with Herschel Walker Trade a decade before that.

"Win Now" has always been a thing, and a big thing for at least some portion in the NFL. The mechanism on how to do it has often shifted, but in the end it often looks very much the same. And in almost never has worked to win a Super Bowl, but sure, this is the time that Snead/McVay are just smarter than everyone else, why worry about anything else

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Riftty said:

Maybe. If we send the eagles Brockers or something 

I know some people don’t like him but I’d be happy about getting Ertz. Not a fan of trading brockers though but it almost seems like he’s been on his way out for 3-4 years now. 

rodney Hudson was just released. Wouldn’t mind checking him out for the right price. I know he’s 87 years old but.. big whit is 90 and playing well so who knows lol

11 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Don’t know the source

Saw this. Apparently the guy nailed the Jonnu signing with $ figures 45min before Schefter, but other things he's said make him unreliable. Unsure how I feel about this and what it would mean for other pieces on the offense.