GDT: You Like That University (3-2) v University of Honduras Alao Ultra Llamas (5-1)

Blahstoise

16 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

In 4 of the last 5 seasons there has been one 5-1 team to go on and miss the playoffs...

• 2016 Vikings
  • 2015 Falcons
  • 2014 Eagles
  • 2012 Bears

I almost expect us to make another appearance on this list. I don't know why but I still have little faith in this team, maybe my offseason expectations were just so low that I am having trouble accepting that we're actually... good? I suppose the difference with this team and the ones above is that this team could probably get into the playoffs via the division title with only 9 or 10 wins.

Obviously this is not a must win game by any measure, but I think it will show a lot. 6-1, 3-0 in the division, by beating a division foe we have struggled with as of late? We may have something special here if we come out and roll these guys.

I see that I’m not the only one who thinks this. I have a hard time believing on this team, and I’m terrified this is another year like 2014 in which we were 9-3 at some point and missed the playoffs. That season still haunts me and as has been the norm for this team since the Andy days, we always lose at least one game we should win.

We have everything lined up in our favor, I hope we make a major move to win the division next Monday, because this team usually starts believing in their hype and let their guard down.

8 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I think this team is real because we are actually seeing good football. It's classic, vintage, quality ball. It's not scheme or smoke and mirrors. It's great line play coupled with a QB controlling the offense and making good decisions. Our run games isn't so dominate but we've imposed our will when need be. We are actually executing a recipe for winning football. We present a tough matchup for just about anyone because our DL is getting great pressure and our OL is giving Wentz time to operate and is actually taking advantage of defense's tendencies and weaknesses. It's quite refreshing. 

Very true, we are winning games by winning the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball, and line play tends to be far more consistent.

Archived