What are you thinking about?

pwny

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

You honestly believe, even as armed as they are, that a US citizenry can topple the most funded military in the world? 

They did it before with George Washington calling the plays. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’d make it illegal for any civilians to have access to body armor.

Or - other direction. Give it to every man, woman and child in the US. Mass shooter shooting a population wearing Kevlar isn’t going to kill as many people.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’d Repeal ALL federal legislation that prevents victims from suing gun manufacturers & dealers. Put economic pressure on the gun lobby & force manufacturers & dealers to hold themselves accountable.

T.H.I.S.

Take this all the way down to the sporting goods clerk selling the weapon at the local Bass Pro Shop. You sell a weapon to someone who uses it in a mass shooting, you are held responsible in civil court. 

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im not from this country. But I know what the 2nd was intended for. And that aint all it.

I was in Venezuela when guns were sold. And I was there after they collected the legal ones. Almost 4 years worth. And it was a shooting range. Cause the criminals were armed to the hilt, so the innocent, and the entire country fell prey to what followed.

On the contrary....

FTjqd-hWYAIz7lU?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Or - other direction. Give it to every man, woman and child in the US. Mass shooter shooting a population wearing Kevlar isn’t going to kill as many people.

We couldn’t get people to wear masks.

In theory, I like your idea though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:
3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Sad yet valid point…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

You honestly believe, even as armed as they are, that a US citizenry can topple the most funded military in the world? 

Wouldnt have too. If the force shows great enough, the govt would make the changes necessary.

Venezuela never had that chance. They made sure the guns were gone, then flipped on evil mode.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

As a teacher I’m sad enough that they sell Kevlar backpacks, but yeah I understand your point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

In theory, I like your idea though.

Better get ready because in June, Ohio is joining the list of states that will not require a permit OR any training to carry a gun because Mike DeWine is again pandering to rural Ohio in a attempt to get reelected. 

I, for the life of me, cannot understand how in the actual **** anybody could think that is a good idea.

Let's take a step back and look at all of the safety measures and seriousness of everything that's happened the last 2+ years with Covid that we implemented in schools at the drop of a hat (rightfully so).

And today a guy in under 2 hours killed more elementary kids than Covid did in schools, one of dozens since Clinton was in office 25-30 years ago.

Where's the outrage and immediate response?

No one can tell me it can't be done, nobody cares to do anything about it because this has been accepted as normal.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’d Repeal ALL federal legislation that prevents victims from suing gun manufacturers & dealers. Put economic pressure on the gun lobby & force manufacturers & dealers to hold themselves accountable.

More on this - make mandatory life insurance policies available for students that pay out in the event of a mass murder event such as this. 

Why, do you ask? Simple - the insurance companies will pay out to the victims and then the insurance companies will unleash their armies of savage, unholy lawyers to hold EVERYONE accountable and get their payout money back at 10x paid out. They’ll sue the gun companies, sellers (public and private) and any other entity responsible for getting that gun in the shooters’ hand. They’ll go after a company like Sig Sauer and litigate them down to the studs in the building - it will be a swift and meaningful response, one that will leave many companies beyond salvaging.

Insurance lawyers are some of the scariest humans in that setting. Leverage that in this discussion.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As a teacher I’m sad enough that they sell Kevlar backpacks, but yeah I understand your point.

I’m sadder still that I’m on a notification list for when some become available. I’m buying one for each kid.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

On the contrary....

FTjqd-hWYAIz7lU?format=jpg&name=small

Thats a long stretch from 400 million.

From the latest NYGS estimate provided by law enforcement agencies, there are approximately 30,000 gangs and 850,000 gang members across the United States. Compared with the previous five-year average, the estimated number of gangs has increased 8 percent and the estimated number of gang members 11 percent.

That number would soar. Easy pickings for them. And whos to stop them? For some reason you want to defund your law enforcement.

• Like 1