What are you thinking about?

pwny

4 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

So...give the teachers guns then to "fight back"?  Is that essentially the solution you're proposing?  The solution to gun violence is...more guns?

Yeah...this isn't the answer. At all. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tugboat said:

So...give the teachers guns then to "fight back"?  Is that essentially the solution you're proposing?  The solution to gun violence is...more guns?

Did I say that? Thats you reaching and fetching for anything to counter.

How could you pull something so stupid from what I said? Do you even know what your 2nd Amendment is or what its for?

I was in the middle of a war in Venezuela. All because innocent people had their rights stripped away. You think baddies are going to give up theirs? No. Theyll go into collection mode.

Laws need to be tweaked and fine tuned. But the 2nd is there for a reason. And Ive lived through that reason. I hope you dont have to. No matter how hard youre begging for it.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

What's the reason? 

This would have been just a tiny part of what Hugo would have been up against if Venezuela had a protected 2nd. Now its just a 3rd world country, with no hope in sight.

an121133107bolivarian-natio.jpg?quality=

original.jpg

Edited by PARROTHEAD
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Did I say that? Thats you reaching and fetching for anything to counter.

How could you pull something so stupid from what I said? Do you even know what your 2nd Amendment is or what its for?

I was in the middle of a war in Venezuela. All because innocent people had their rights stripped away. You think baddies are going to give up theirs? No. Theyll go into collection mode.

Laws need to be tweaked and fine tuned. But the 2nd is there for a reason. And Ive lived through that reason. I hope you dont have to. No matter how hard youre begging for it.

I have to agree with this - even the most ambitious buyback/confiscate programs aren’t going to yield 100% of guns - and those who don’t comply will be more than willing to exploit their advantage.

Pandora’s box is open, I don’t think you can close it now without making the problem worse.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I have to agree with this - even the most ambitious buyback/confiscate programs aren’t going to yield 100% of guns - and those who don’t comply will be more than willing to exploit their advantage.

Pandora’s box is open, I don’t think you can close it now without making the problem worse.

You could have used the same logic for continuing slavery.

Well… slavery is kinda bad, but we can’t afford to crash the south’s economy and start a war.

Not sure if accurate: America has 4.4% of the world’s population, but 42% of the world’s guns.

Great response I saw on another site:

This guy was ENGAGED by POLICE and made it into the school because he was in body armor. He then killed 18 children in that school.

The shooter in Buffalo was ENGAGED by a SECURITY guard with a gun and because of the body armor he wore he shrugged it off, killed that security guard and then more people before police ENGAGED that shooter and they didn't actually stop him. He decided to put his gun to his neck and surrender. He had no bullet wounds.

What exactly are teachers or security guards/cops in these situations going to do differently that regular police who are patrolling the streets everyday are not able to do to take down these body armored shooters?

Are we talking about better penetrating ammunition? Bigger/better weapons? Security guards in full armor plated gear with tactical assault weapons? Teachers not with handguns in holsters, but their own assault weapons in the classrooms?

25 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

This would have been just a tiny part of what Hugo would have been up against if Venezuela had a protected 2nd. Now its just a 3rd world country, with no hope in sight.

You honestly believe, even as armed as they are, that a US citizenry can topple the most funded military in the world? 

• Like 1

So metal detectors aren’t the answer because of optics? That is beyond absurd. Let’s get rid of them in airports and strip clubs too. Don’t want to send the wrong message about accountability or security.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You could have used the same logic for continuing slavery.

Well… slavery is kinda bad, but we can’t afford to crash the south’s economy and start a war.

Apples and oranges - I’d happily endorse crashing an economy if it meant saving lives.

This is more administrative in nature - how do you ensure 100% confiscation? How do you ensure the prevention of a black market where guns are sold with zero oversight and zero checks and balances? Ghost guns are a real thing, and they find their way stateside - so it’s also not as easy as shutting down organizations such as Sig Sauer, Mossberg, etc.

I don’t think there is one solution - there are sweeping reform items needed just to make a dent in this. There are provisional responses that can at least show good faith in working towards a better situation, but we can’t be so eager to solve this issue to where we think we can do it overnight.

I’d make it illegal for any civilians to have access to body armor.

I’d Repeal ALL federal legislation that prevents victims from suing gun manufacturers & dealers. Put economic pressure on the gun lobby & force manufacturers & dealers to hold themselves accountable.

• Like 2