What are you thinking about?

pwny

They picked the right king, they just did a piss poor job putting it together the last season. GRRM always said that the story was supposed to come together in a complete rebuke of war; that no matter the original intent, any leader willing to go to war as anything but a last resort will be corrupted. They picked the perfect king to illustrate the change from the previous ways to the new way of thinking; they just didn’t didn’t spend any effort tying together those themes outside of a few sentences in a monologue right before it was decided he would be king. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pwny said:

They picked the right king, they just did a piss poor job putting it together the last season. GRRM always said that the story was supposed to come together in a complete rebuke of war; that no matter the original intent, any leader willing to go to war as anything but a last resort will be corrupted. They picked the perfect king to illustrate the change from the previous ways to the new way of thinking; they just didn’t didn’t spend any effort tying together those themes outside of a few sentences in a monologue right before it was decided he would be king. 

Thats some perfect king there. Turned around and gave away over half the country within 5 minutes.

If you drew a line strait down America that went through the middle of Texas. The east side holds 80% of the population. Very comparable. Bran gave away that west territory, Alaska included. Cause they said the north was bigger than the rest combined.

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats the second most dumb thing since grey worm being king, shame on you

They're super comfortable though, great arch support...and with my fibro I needed them. 

Plus, I just spent $3500 on the pup. $140 is peanuts.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

They're super comfortable though, great arch support...and with my fibro I needed them. 

Plus, I just spent $3500 on the pup. $140 is peanuts.

3500? Great Scott. Thats more than I pay my Guatemalan laborers a year. And I dont have to walk them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

3500? Great Scott. Thats more than I pay my Guatemalan laborers a year. And I dont have to walk them.

🤣

Yeah, about the going rate now for a good dog from a reputable breeder. In that $2000-3500 range, sometimes more depending on breed. 

Best city for a extended weekend getaway?  We'd be flying from Philly, so far we're down to San Diego or Chicago but would like any recommendations.  Going to a baseball game would be a plus but not necessary.

Nashville is #1 on my list but definitely want to to go a hockey game so saving that for next year.  

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

Best city for a extended weekend getaway?  We'd be flying from Philly, so far we're down to San Diego or Chicago but would like any recommendations.  Going to a baseball game would be a plus but not necessary.

Nashville is #1 on my list but definitely want to to go a hockey game so saving that for next year.  

I love Chicago and it's a great time to go. I don't know what is open, but there's plenty of things to see outdoors. You can see the city in the weekend and do fun things like Second City (like I said I don't know what's open), Architecture Cruise, and Wrigley. The food is fantastic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

Id say Chicago. Cause its probably the only place a person from Philly could go to make them feel better about having to live in Philly.

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I love Chicago and it's a great time to go. I don't know what is open, but there's plenty of things to see outdoors. You can see the city in the weekend and do fun things like Second City (like I said I don't know what's open), Architecture Cruise, and Wrigley. The food is fantastic. 

Nice, thanks.  San Diego sounds great but it's such a long flight for an extended weekend.  Chicago flights are just over two hours and way cheaper, plus like you said I've heard such great things about the food.  Sounds like we'd have a great time even with whatever COVID restrictions are in place.  Wrigley is also such a bucket list item, seeing a game there would be awesome. 

11 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

What are you trying to do while you are there? San Diego is pretty freaking great, partially because the outdoor/daytime activities are plentiful and the night life is very good as well

Not sure how open everything is, but CA will be without covid restrictions starting 6/15 just FYI. 

San Diego is probably mostly open though if I had to guess. 

7 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Nice, thanks.  San Diego sounds great but it's such a long flight for an extended weekend.  Chicago flights are just over two hours and way cheaper, plus like you said I've heard such great things about the food.  Sounds like we'd have a great time even with whatever COVID restrictions are in place.  Wrigley is also such a bucket list item, seeing a game there would be awesome. 

Exactly. San Diego IS great. Hard to beat. Assuming by extended weekend you mean a full Friday thru Sunday, it's a lot of travel for the short time. I think you're planning correctly on something like Chicago.

Save San Diego for the longer trip.