What are you thinking about?

pwny

On 5/22/2021 at 4:51 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Thats some perfect king there. Turned around and gave away over half the country within 5 minutes.

If you drew a line strait down America that went through the middle of Texas. The east side holds 80% of the population. Very comparable. Bran gave away that west territory, Alaska included. Cause they said the north was bigger than the rest combined.

Sansa and the story of the North was always a overarching metaphor for the growth a victim of sexual assault must go through, and the path towards finding strength and independence after everything is taken from them. But D&D did a terrible job wrapping up the story, so you’re just going to see it as land being given away. 

The final season did a completely poor job of pulling everything together, and didn’t spend nearly enough time fleshing out things that needed to be fleshed out to bring about the proper closure. But the story points all wrapped up with the correct people In the correct places for what the story was supposed to convey. If GRRM ever finishes the books, I’m confident that all the major plot points will be the same, they‘ll just be fleshed out to the point that people are actually comfortable with the wrap up. 

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Sansa and the story of the North was always a overarching metaphor for the growth a victim of sexual assault must go through, and the path towards finding strength and independence after everything is taken from them. But D&D did a terrible job wrapping up the story, so you’re just going to see it as land being given away. 

The final season did a completely poor job of pulling everything together, and didn’t spend nearly enough time fleshing out things that needed to be fleshed out to bring about the proper closure. But the story points all wrapped up with the correct people In the correct places for what the story was supposed to convey. If GRRM ever finishes the books, I’m confident that all the major plot points will be the same, they‘ll just be fleshed out to the point that people are actually comfortable with the wrap up. 

Yeah with the show ending, the books, and comparing what is/isn't in them, you can kind of piece together how the show had to adapt based on shortcuts.

GRRM has said he wanted all of the "Dany stuff" wrapped up in TWOW, and Aegon not being in the show gives her way more motivation to go nuclear on King's Landing in the books if he takes it as a false dragon. Plus, Euron and all of the convergence on Mereen would also fit; Dany would lose a dragon to Euron/Dragonbinder instead of the NK, then go nuclear on Aegon/KL prompting war. So if we move that up, then that sets up the WW/Others as the conclusion, which puts Jon back at the wall, and leaves a void of power instead of him surviving the Unsullied who had him surrounded.

Seems like that would roughly fit.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

There’s nothing quite like wearing the same shirt as a stranger and saying bruh and pointing back and forth at your shirts before realizing you recently changed your shirt 

This happens quite often at my job with the female coworkers wearing the same dress.  One of them had to wear a bright red necklaces because they basically looked like twins lol.

16 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Exactly. San Diego IS great. Hard to beat. Assuming by extended weekend you mean a full Friday thru Sunday, it's a lot of travel for the short time. I think you're planning correctly on something like Chicago.

Save San Diego for the longer trip. 

Appreciate the responses, ended up booking to Chicago tonight for a 4 day weekend.  Completely forgot that when COVID started both me and my gf had work trips cancelled and American gave us flight credit but our work never asked for the money back.  Booked first class tickets both way for free haha. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Appreciate the responses, ended up booking to Chicago tonight for a 4 day weekend.  Completely forgot that when COVID started both me and my gf had work trips cancelled and American gave us flight credit but our work never asked for the money back.  Booked first class tickets both way for free haha. 

If you're looking for a fancy dinner and you want a hell of a piece of steak - Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab

I also recommend the Purple Pig.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

I liked Chicago, but the deep dish pizza is garbage.

Who the hell thought a pastry crust on a pizza was a good idea.

I'll bet you went to a tourist trap.

On 5/26/2021 at 7:21 AM, MikeT14 said:

If you're looking for a fancy dinner and you want a hell of a piece of steak - Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab

I also recommend the Purple Pig.

I second both of those restaurants.  Joe’s is essentially my “big celebratory event” dinner spot (anniversary’s, milestone bdays, etc.).

For traditional deep dish pizza, id try Pequods, Gino’s East, or Uno.  Lou Malnatis is great, but they’re all over.  For a different spin on deep dish pizza, i would HIGHLY recommend “Chicago pizza oven grinder”.  It’s a tiny little restaurant where they’ve had the same host for like 100 years.  He doesn’t write down your name anywhere, but he remembers every couple/group that comes in and gets it right every time even when there’s like 50 people waiting outside to get in.  The “pizza” is served in a bowl.  It’s real hard to describe, but is phenomenal.  It’s truly unique.  Also get the Mediterranean bread there.

https://chicagopizzaandovengrinder.com/menu/

The best burger I’ve ever had is at Owen and Engine.  They used to have a special on Tuesdays for $18 you’d get a burger, fries, a beer, and a shot of bourbon.  And not like a PBR and jack daniels, actual good stuff.

• Like 1