What are you thinking about?

pwny

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

Does anyone follow the 20/4/10 rule when buying a car?

I want an AWD hybrid but they are way out of my price range following that rule. Gasoline in IL is higher than hell.

Literally never heard of that rule. What is it?

14 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

It’s gotten so hot the last week here in AZ. Need it to be August already. These next couple months gonna be awful. It’s a dry heat but hot is hot when it’s 113 and up

August is when the heat gets worse in Texas - it's spikes in May and just rides hard until about September, it's humid over in Houston so it's generally miserable.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

August is when the heat gets worse in Texas - it's spikes in May and just rides hard until about September, it's humid over in Houston so it's generally miserable.

August is still hot here in AZ but it’s not as bad as June and July. Can only imagine the humid in Houston man. Terrible weather that makes everything miserable. There are times where I want to go to the store but refuse to cause how hot it is lol 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

August is still hot here in AZ but it’s not as bad as June and July. Can only imagine the humid in Houston man. Terrible weather that makes everything miserable. There are times where I want to go to the store but refuse to cause how hot it is lol 

You actually get used to it, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss chores and events because it was too damn hot outside.

Those AZ heatwaves are no joke either - I've heard that the pavement can get so hot that certain shoe soles would melt if someone would stand too long.

Holy moly, that's hot...

• Like 2

On 6/12/2021 at 10:18 PM, twslhs20 said:

Does anyone follow the 20/4/10 rule when buying a car?

I want an AWD hybrid but they are way out of my price range following that rule. Gasoline in IL is higher than hell.

Absolutely not.

There’s zero fiscal sense imo in plopping down a large down payment or not financing for as long as possible (provided interest rates are good).

Paying cash for a vehicle is bad money management imo.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Absolutely not.

There’s zero fiscal sense imo in plopping down a large down payment or not financing for as long as possible (provided interest rates are good).

Paying cash for a vehicle is bad money management imo.

The purchase price of the car is dependent on the interest rate, so this doesn't apply. This does apply for a house, since the price is the price and then you finance from there.

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The purchase price of the car is dependent on the interest rate, so this doesn't apply. This does apply for a house, since the price is the price and then you finance from there.

It absolutely does.  

Idk about you, but the interest rates on my auto loans have been (well) under 5%, and that’s out 75 months.

Over that same time, that same money in the market is earning a ton more than 5%.

It also allows for greater financial flexibility as your money isn’t tied up in a vehicle.

9 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Idk its nice not having a car payment

Of course it is, but dumping a pile of cash at one time to get there isn’t likely the best use of the cash.

Hell lots of places do 0-3% interest for as long as like 72 months depending on model, etc.  You’re nuts to pass up money at under 2% interest just to say “i paid cash”.

Keep your cash, take the cheap (or maybe free) money, and make the payments.  You’re not going to get that time in the market back.

• Like 1