Are QBs “wanting out” the new “diva WR tears apart the locker room”?

ThatJaxxenGuy

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I eagerly anticipate your murder 1 trial, wherein we weigh your clear premeditated act and weigh it with your intent to harm vs. kill. :) 

I'm using the word "might". There's no malice in my intent. It's nothing more than a business transaction, with a baseball bat.

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm using the word "might". There's no malice in my intent. It's nothing more than a business transaction, with a baseball bat.

"You knowingly and maliciously, swung a blunt object at Jimmy G, with a blow that, in your own words, said, and I quote "given his fragility, might actually kill him". Is that correct?"

*I have no further questions your honor*

:) 

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

"You knowingly and maliciously, swung a blunt object at Jimmy G, with a blow that, in your own words, said, and I quote "given his fragility, might actually kill him". Is that correct?"

*I have no further questions your honor*

:) 

Your honor, let the record show this attorney is not in fact an attorney and might have a concussion from jumping through a table.

I rest my case.

38 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I eagerly anticipate your murder 1 trial, wherein we weigh your clear premeditated act and weigh it with your intent to harm vs. kill. :) 

Given the circumstances, no jury is convicting him

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Wrong:

its always sunny in philadelphia shut up GIF

Most of my cases involve bird law (I like eating the eggs of endangered birds) so ...this is the guy.

Bob Lawlaw vs. anyone from Sunny would be an epic courtroom showdown...but we really need Bob Lawlaw vs...

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread, but this is not about "Diva" QB's, but a turning of the tide in the NFL. Ties into player empowerment. We will see QB's force their way out similar to what NBA Stars have done forcing trades (PG3, Harden, Anthony Davis). Many believe it's not possible due to the CBA, length of NFL Careers, and power dynamic between players and ownership, but I assure you this will be the first year that this trend starts. 

The longer a front office sits on a disgruntled All Pro QB, their value will begin to decrease and sitting on an unhappy player will hurt the franchise in the future with FA's. 

On 3/1/2021 at 10:04 AM, ET80 said:

No bother - I'll lure Jimmy G with some strippers into a dark alley and then hit him in the knee with a bat.

Given his fragility, that swing might actually kill him.

No need for violence.  Just pics sent to the front office with said strippers will do the trick

• Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 9:40 AM, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

so I guess my main question to the FF is do you agree with these QBs who think they should have a degree of control over team direction? If yes or no, why? 

thoughts?

I think it is often wise to get input from quarterbacks when it comes to building the team, but they should have ZERO control.  The team owners have paid for the privilege of having ultimate control over the direction of the team.  They usually delegate some of that control to their GM, and the GM gets input from the coach.  There is nothing wrong with the GM/Coach asking the QB what he feels the team might best doing in certain situations, but under no circumstances should any player ever think he is deserving of having any degree of actual control over the team's direction. 

On 2/17/2021 at 9:49 AM, ET80 said:

I don't know enough about the other QB situations, but I am a SME on the Texans/Watson situation...

...and all I can say is that it was a completely avoidable situation, but ownership chose to side with a character coach/team chaplin over the 2nd highest paid player in football history. Promises were made to Watson, and then firmly pulled away as the team chose to listen to Jack Easterby and bring in a staff that would firmly entrench him into the organization. The lack of draft picks, the damage done by BoB, the precarious cap situation - it didn't really matter to Watson. Keeping Easterby in the building? Giving him more power than what he had? That's unacceptable.

Given what other players, FO personnel and coaches have said about Easterby, I'm inclined to side with Watson. Can't say the same about other situations, but I can say for certain that this is the situation in Houston.

I have to disagree with this take a little, ET.  While I'm not going to try and defend BoB, Easterby, or McNair, the one thing I will say is that if things were so bad there, Watson could have chosen to let his rookie contract run out and then decide where he wanted to play after that.  Instead, he signed a huge contract and then started telling everyone publicly how unhappy he was.  It seems to me that once a team makes a commitment that is the second largest in the history of the game to you, they should be able to expect a large degree of cooperation from that player.  The guys in the Texans F.O. are no doubt buffoons, but why did Watson sign a contract and agree to play for them for the next several years if he was so unhappy with their buffoonery?

6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I have to disagree with this take a little, ET.  While I'm not going to try and defend BoB, Easterby, or McNair, the one thing I will say is that if things were so bad there, Watson could have chosen to let his rookie contract run out and then decide where he wanted to play after that.  Instead, he signed a huge contract and then started telling everyone publicly how unhappy he was.  It seems to me that once a team makes a commitment that is the second largest in the history of the game to you, they should be able to expect a large degree of cooperation from that player.  The guys in the Texans F.O. are no doubt buffoons, but why did Watson sign a contract and agree to play for them for the next several years if he was so unhappy with their buffoonery?

I posted this in another thread:

On 2/26/2021 at 8:03 PM, ET80 said:

Jack Easterby five months ago is a different person than Jack Easterby right now. Five months ago, Easterby was in his lane as a character coach, a guy who would do odd jobs around the building - coordinate pre game meals, set the schedule for film and workout sessions, ensure delivery schedules for equipment on road trips - Executive Assistant type stuff for Bill O'Brien. If Easterby stays in his lane, I don't think we're having this conversation, at all.

Once O'Brien was fired - Easterby "did everything except call plays" according to sources. He had Any Palcic fired because of comments she made following the election (given the McNair's political leanings, I'll let you guess who Palcic talked about) and he ran Jamey Rootes out - a guy Bob McNair considered like a son. That's not Executive Assistant, that's a Dictator executing rebels in the town square. This isn't staying in his lane, this is driving backwards while drifting across a busy highway, flipping people off the whole time...

People really need to stop saying "well he signed his contract with Easterby still there" because there was a significant power vacuum once the HC/GM got fired (deservedly fired, let's not misconstrue this). Easterby filled said power vacuum instead of getting fired himself, and he's proven to be MORE detrimental than BoB.

The team that Watson signed with and the team right now? Completely different units. 

I'll never like BoB, but apparently - Watson did. Once BoB left the building, Jack started calling the shots and Watson didn't like that. Palcic was probably the biggest move, a very well respected professional that wasn't involved in Football Operations, fired over a political tweet. Jamey Rootes took responsibility, but the feel was that Easterby was operating on his own accord following the social media checkups he was known to do.

In a five month span, the franchise Watson signed on with was taking a completely different look, simply because Easterby was in charge. That look should have been swept out of the building - instead, Cal McNair doubled down on it, despite a highly respected search firm all but inking a deal with Omar Khan of Pittsburgh to become the next GM of the Texans; The change that was so close was RIGHT THERE, only to watch it evaporate as Nick Caserio was named GM. Easterby wasn't just staying - he had a puppet to warp the building into whatever he wanted it to be. Was it perfect under BoB? No, but it was better than this Orwellian/1984 Nightmare. (Nobody was being followed after they left the facility under BoB, that's for sure).

That's why Watson said what he said in his exit interview (pay attention to the bold - I mean, you don't have to be in the Texans facility to know exactly who he's talking about):

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2925389-deshaun-watson-says-texans-need-a-whole-culture-shift-and-new-energy

"We just need a whole culture shift," Watson said. "We just need new energy. We just need discipline. We need structure. We need a leader so we can follow that leader as players. That's what we need."

"We've all got to be on the same page," Watson said. "There's too many different minds, too many different ideas and too many people thinking they have this power, and it's not like that. We need someone that stands tall, and this is who we follow and this is the way it goes."   

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

You've heard of the franchise tag, right?