Are QBs “wanting out” the new “diva WR tears apart the locker room”?

ThatJaxxenGuy

I mean basketball and football are completely different sports. Big difference between 12 players compared to 53. If these QBs wanna have more say on these decisions then they better informed otherwise what the point. In all likelihood they aren’t gonna be informed enough. 

I do think in general players decide that they wanna leave them they should go ahead and voice it. And nobody should have a problem with that power. It’s a business. Look out for your own best interests. Don’t have an issue with Jalen Ramsey, Wentz, Deshaun. 

I think the issue is a bit overblown. Sure, Watson wants out but I don't think anyone blames him. Maybe Wilson wants out but that's more speculative.

Given that salaries aren't fully guaranteed and GMs cut or trade players without blinking if they think it will improve their team, I don't really see the issue with players voicing their displeasure here and there.

Brady also had the 4th highest cap hit in 2020 so it wasn't that team friendly.

9 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I’m surprised I haven’t seen a discussion about this topic on here so thought I’d get it started.

We are seeing this with Watson  and obviously the Texans were blown up with self inflicted wounds by BOB, but I think there is more nuance to the situation than “Texans r bad” because Watson being in the first year of his mega deal forces a change to team building and while I completely disagree with the bad return they got, a WR like Hopkins is a luxury a team paying a top QB contract probably can’t afford. So Watson wants out after one year of his new contract and the Texans look like a replacement team without him.

now rumours are swirling that Russel Wilson is having a rocky marriage because he wants a major say in who the GM is hiring to be his Offensive coach. It seems like he saw that Brady gets a lot of say in Tampa and thinks he can put together that kind of project, and when not given that decision making power he is throwing a fit behind closed doors and going to the media with his dissatisfaction.

Brady famously wanted more weapons on the Pats and became disgruntled when they cut Brown. I’m willing to give Brady a pass because he’s winning Super Bowls at the rate he is, but I think other QBs see how he pulled in guys in Tampa and think they deserve the same say.

and now Wentz wants out after he is benched for playing poorly this season, and rumour has it he is trying to veto a trade to the Bears. So guy wants to have his cake and eat it too.

so I guess my main question to the FF is do you agree with these QBs who think they should have a degree of control over team direction? If yes or no, why? 

What about QBs who sign a mega deal and want out after a year or two of losing? I feel like they get used to the star studded team when they’re on their rookie deal and don’t understand the reality of the situation when one guy is eating 30 percent of cap space...

thoughts?

That's a thing? I was unaware that it was impossible to pay a true #1 WR and a Franchise QB? Also, I think ANYONE in Watson's situation would want out of that really quick. I'm sorry but in a position where your Front Office was made up by a guy who prayed his way in, is not the right business foundation to succeed in the NFL. In that case, I vote we all hold daily prayer meetings with @ET80 and get him to be the next Easterby replacement. C'mon man.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

In that case, I vote we all hold daily prayer meetings with @ET80 and get him to be the next Easterby replacement. C'mon man.

My plan involves writing two letters to Jeff Bezos every day until he loans me $10B to buy the Texans.

(I call it the Brooks Hadley memorial football team plan - @Forge is my Ellis Boyd Redding... he's a guy who can things for me).

I was also using money from the first ever "up front" Ponzi scheme - it's a Ponzi I'm running with @ramssuperbowl99 and @jrry32. You invest KNOWING you're in a Ponzi scheme, so it's not illegal (if you say that it's not illegal like you know something isn't illegal, then you can get away with it).

But... this plan works too. I'm naming you the head of the "Pray Away the Easterbay" initiative. This is a wonderful opportunity for you, friend.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

My plan involves writing two letters to Jeff Bezos every day until he loans me $10B to buy the Texans.

I call it the Brooks Hadley memorial football team plan.

Seems to make sense, you're having to crawl through 500 yards of the piles of sh** Easterby and BoB left behind. May as well Glam it up with a Rita Hayworth, Marilyn Monroe or Raquel Welch poster (Which ever suits your liking).

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

But... this plan works too. I'm naming you the head of the "Pray Away the Easterbay" initiative.

Have you seen Jack Easterby and The Night King in the same room before? Nope.

Is it both really chilly and too dark to see in Texas, and are dead people rising from their graves? If 2/3 of those things are happening he's probably the Night King honestly. That means you need to use a kid in a wheelchair as bait and when Easterby goes to try to make him walk again, boom, dagger to the heart.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

May as well Glam it up with a Rita Hayworth, Marilyn Monroe or Raquel Welch poster (Which ever suits your liking).

Raquel Welch in that poster - whoo buddy. 

015386bf38fef519d263c39f1dd33901.jpg

Talk about surviving the test of time. No Insta filters required, that's pure cut HOT LAVA right there. 

17 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Have you seen Jack Easterby and The Night King in the same room before? Nope.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ET80 said:

(I call it the Brooks Hadley memorial football team plan - @Forge is my Ellis Boyd Redding... he's a guy who can things for me).

I was also using money from the first ever "up front" Ponzi scheme - it's a Ponzi I'm running with @ramssuperbowl99 and @jrry32. You invest KNOWING you're in a Ponzi scheme, so it's not illegal (if you say that it's not illegal like you know something isn't illegal, then you can get away with it).

But... this plan works too. I'm naming you the head of the "Pray Away the Easterbay" initiative. This is a wonderful opportunity for you, friend.

Can I be the GM? I have a badass staff in mind...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

People always leave that part out when it's a giant reason Brady "takes less" and even then by the end of his time in New England taking less had alienated him from the entire organization who just expected him to do that forever lol.

Are you kidding? Gisele's wealth was brought up virtually every time Brady renewed his contract with the Patriots. At least that was the case on FF.

• Like 1

Brady isn't that cheap. People make it out like he's on a Tight End's average salary or something.

And also, if other QBs look at Brady's situation and get inspired to make demands, if I'm the GM, I'm telling him sure when you've done what Brady has done, then you can make all the demands :D

edit; Watson not included. I feel he's well within his rights.

Edited by Hunter2_1

22 hours ago, scar988 said:

helps when your wife is a brazilian model/mogul and a billionaire.

Brady was taking pay cuts before he met his wife. See Brady understands that if you win a lot, you will never worry about money because everyone and their mother will want to do business with you. 

16 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

There is nuance to each situation imo. Pete Carroll has lost his edge (knowing college football really well) and is reliant on Russ to keep his job.

Watson is in an organization that has gone from mediocre to full implosion. I cant blame him for wanting out.

But does Russ really have anyone to blame for his constant turning the ball over this season?

He is trying to be in charge of the OC hire but It’s not like his play on the field is flawless right now and being stymied by  coaching, he flat out stunk for a lot of this season.

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

Brady was taking pay cuts before he met his wife. See Brady understands that if you win a lot, you will never worry about money because everyone and their mother will want to do business with you. 

Brady was taking pay cuts because of all the ridiculous endorsement deals he had before he met his wife is your argument? 

He met Giselle in 2006. Right after he dumped Bridget Moynihan... The other model girlfriend he had who was also an actress and millionaire in her own right. Who also had more money than he did at the time. And his 2005 extension was still in the top 5 salaries for a QB. It wasn't til around 2010 that he started taking these true "pay cuts".

Edited by scar988
  • Like 1

It depends. 

Wentz, imo, was a petulant diva. 

Wilson has always been a bit of a whiner in my eyes. Not sure quite why, but I've never cared for him. 

Rodgers, he would concern me. I love the guy, but I think his personality doesn't go well with controversy. 

Watson, tough one. I'm not a Houston fan, so I only know what makes the news. Imo, the team brass seemed hell bent on pushing him away. Just a bizarre situation that, on the surface, justifies his position. On the flip side, he's also cast a net of complaints broad enough that it snags some complaints that would seemingly pop up almost anywhere. That makes it tough. Is it a case of everything boiling over, or has he reached that point where he wants it his way or the highway? For him, I'm thinking it's everything. But it does make those questions loom. Nobody wants a pissy QB.