Would you rather?

dll2000

These are not meant to be realistic what I think it would take trades or transactions.  Don't tell me X team would never do that.   Not the point.

This is just a fun exercise in comparisons on which deal you would rather take as a Bears fan.

Would you rather?  Answer for each not as a whole.

Wilson for 2 1's and a 2nd or Watson for 3 1's and Jaylon Johnson?

Sam Darnold, Jalen Hurts or Drew Lock for a 2nd?  Rank your preference.

Minshew or Brissett for a 4th?

Marcus Mariota, Tyrod Taylor, Alex Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Cam Newton, Teddy Bridgewater or Andy Dalton straight up on a one year deal?  Rank them from most likely to succeed, not for a tank wish.

Dak Prescott for $40/year 4 years guaranteed - do it or not?

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

These are not meant to be realistic what I think it would take trades or transactions.  Don't tell me X team would never do that.   Not the point.

This is just a fun exercise in comparisons on which deal you would rather take as a Bears fan.

Would you rather?  Answer for each not as a whole.

Marcus Mariota, Tyrod Taylor, Alex Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Cam Newton, Teddy Bridgewater or Andy Dalton straight up on a one year deal?  Rank them from most likely to succeed, not for a tank wish.

Wilson

Hurts

Brissett

Smith

Yes

1. Wilson - reasoning is he's one of my favorite players and he's won a title before and has been to another one where Seattle probably should have won if not for horrendous late game play calling. This guy is a magician and can make pin point throws plus I feel like he is still highly motivated with a lot to prove. He's my number 1 guy.

2. Dak - simply put because he wouldn't cost any draft capital. If we are talking about trading picks for him tho then he moves to #3 behind Watson

3. Watson - l would be thrilled to have him but out of all 3 guys he is a little too rich of a price for my liking when you factor in draft picks and cap % over next few years..and the team just wouldn't be able to build as strong around him in the near term as much as the other two guys

The rest - bleh

Edited by topwop1

1. R Wilson..... I think he's the cheapest/best option. His age is a concern, but it's not like we won't need to rebuild soon regardless.

2. Z. Wilson..... My top draft choice... He's going to be stupidly expensive though to get up to the right draft position...

3. D. Watson..... I was lower on him coming out than most, I think he's going to cost us too much to make the move

4. G. Minshew + keeping our major picks and drafting OL/skillposition Might legitimately be our best non elite qb option from FA.

5. Mac Jones @20..  I don't know if he's going to last that long, but I'd take the swing if all else failed. I don't like Trask and this is basically the end of the road for us.'

Is my listing right now

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Specifically for these:

Wilson for 2x 1s and a 2nd by far

None of the above... all 3 of them are useless to me especially compared to a 2nd rounder.

Minshew

Alex Smith > Teddy Bridgewater >>>>>>>> Mariota on a (Very) cheap deal. Wouldn't touch any of the others.

Dak isn't worth $40MM/year. Not a chance.

Edited by Epyon

2 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Specifically for these:

Wilson for 2x 1s and a 2nd by far - Agreed.   I think Watson is better right now and younger and had he been drafted by Bears would be bees knees.  But I don't think he would do well here at this point in this environ and way he is changing going forward and price to get him would be steeper.   

None of the above... all 3 of them are useless to me especially compared to a 2nd rounder. - I would take a flyer on Hurts because of his intangibles.   By all accounts this guy was viewed as an incredible selfless leader by teammates and coaches in college.   I think he lacks arm talent to be a star in league however.  

Minshew - I like Minshew.   Crazy bugger.   Be funnest QB in Chicago since McMahon. 

Alex Smith > Teddy Bridgewater >>>>>>>> Mariota on a (Very) cheap deal. Wouldn't touch any of the others.   -I would only take Mariota because of his mobility.   

Dak isn't worth $40MM/year. Not a chance. - Agreed.  Coming off a horrible injury makes it that much worse. 

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

LOL some of you are bad at following directions.

Lol I think people glossed over your entire post.

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Wilson for only our 20th and 52nd pick this year + next years 1st?  Wilson....hand down. Take that and don't think twice.  That's a steal.

For a 2nd?  My reference starts right here > [each one of these > marks a different level]

Hurts is here>>>
Darnold and Lock are here >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kill me now.

It's hard to the escape the inevitable If any of these QBs are starting for our team in 2021 DL, but you forced my hand.

I'll go through each QB as per your wish.

Cam
Mariota
Dalton
Smith
Teddy
Fitz
Tyrod

Oh I forgot. Dak for 40M.......hell no.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Lol I think people glossed over your entire post.

Such is modern habits.  I do try to be brief.  Looks like I wasn’t brief enough.    

Why my posts have lots of white space.  

I say this as a hypocrite because I do it too.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Watson, even though it hurts more. 

Hurts, Darnold, Lock, even though none will help in the slightest. 

Minshew 100 times. If Minshew was okay with being a backup, I might even offer this trade alongside the Watson trade 

Smith, Fitz, Bridge, Newton, Mariota, Dalton, Taylor. None of them are terribly desirable. Smith might have one or two years of at least game management. Fitz is a higher talent Grossman, capable of having random 500 yard 4 td games but also 67 yard 5 int games. Bridge is okay, maybe a little better than Foles lol. Newton on paper honestly didn’t have a bad year last year considering the absolute joke of a receiving corps he had. It’s funny I keep hearing mariotas name for having trade value, as if last season had any impact on him having no value last offseason. Dalton couldn’t do a whole lot with an offense more stacked than anything Chicago could ever come up with. Taylor’s been done for years. 

It’s genuinely tempting, I think Dak is a decent qb. If he’d never gotten injured maybe I’d be open to this conversation but absolutely not now. It’s difficult to imagine really anyone deserving what should be only Mahomes money, but at the same time, Chicago desperately needs a qb and to not have to worry about the position for a while. 

im gonna add another what if. Yes, I would re-sign Jay Cutler. Mostly for the memes but also cause he has my heart. 

• Like 2

Watson. Although I love Wilson, and always get annoyed when he's left out of ANY "best QB" conversations, he's seven years older than Watson. 

Darnold, then Hurts, then Lock. It would be worth it to see if Darnold could be fixed. I worry about Hurts' ceiling, but wouldn't freak out if they traded for him. I wouldn't trade a second for Lock, although he hasn't show clear evidence he's a bust, either.

Minshew.

I'd only be happy with the one year scenario if there was a young guy learning on the bench. In order--Bridgewater, Fitzpatrick, Smith, Mariota, Taylor, Dalton, Newton.

Dak? Do it.

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

im gonna add another what if. Yes, I would re-sign Jay Cutler. Mostly for the memes but also cause he has my heart. 

200.gif

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

It is worth mentioning Watson doesn’t want to come to Chicago and Wilson has listed them as a team he likes 

How do we know Watson doesn't want to come to Chicago? 

16 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

How do we know Watson doesn't want to come to Chicago? 

Think I remember him saying he wasn’t interested in Chicago after getting snubbed. Also saw he would be willing to go to Phins, Jets, and Panthers.