*TRADE OTHER 3 AND 2022 PICK TO MOVE BACK INTO 2ND AGAIN*

2d.) Jay Tufele-DT-USC

1055148776.jpeg

Trade both 4's and 5th for 2022 3rd

6.) Olaijah Griffen-CB-USC

usc_trojans_football_olaijah_griffin.jpg

7. Tammorian Terry-WR-FSU

usa_today_10786142.0.jpg

FA is fantastic. We probably don't get BOTH Lawson and David, but man would that be amazing.

Don't trade OBJ. Just don't. His value is at the basement level. Let's see how he looks with the offense gelling and at full health. He looked like the best part of the offense at times before his injury. He does so much that we need if he's back to his top form. And he's not gonna lose much more value at this point. If he screws up the offense's chemistry in the pre-season and training camp, move him then.

I don't like the Collins pick but I get it. I REALLY don't like the Tutu pick. As others have pointed out, I just think with a WR class this strong there will be someone better there in the 2nd. 

38 minutes ago, FGK said:

FA is fantastic. We probably don't get BOTH Lawson and David, but man would that be amazing.

Don't trade OBJ. Just don't. His value is at the basement level. Let's see how he looks with the offense gelling and at full health. He looked like the best part of the offense at times before his injury. He does so much that we need if he's back to his top form. And he's not gonna lose much more value at this point. If he screws up the offense's chemistry in the pre-season and training camp, move him then.

I don't like the Collins pick but I get it. I REALLY don't like the Tutu pick. As others have pointed out, I just think with a WR class this strong there will be someone better there in the 2nd. 

I think that we need an Atwell, or Darden, or some other guy that has absolutey blazing speed that can threaten the edges with jet sweeps and bubble screens.  With Baker's ability to carry out play-action, it could be a deadly addition to the club.  I hope we hang onto Njoku, as I think he is finally "coming into his own."  We'd seen glimpses, bracketed by injuries, but if he puts it all together, he can be an absolute game changer at that position.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I think that we need an Atwell, or Darden, or some other guy that has absolutey blazing speed that can threaten the edges with jet sweeps and bubble screens.  With Baker's ability to carry out play-action, it could be a deadly addition to the club.  I hope we hang onto Njoku, as I think he is finally "coming into his own."  We'd seen glimpses, bracketed by injuries, but if he puts it all together, he can be an absolute game changer at that position.

Yeah, part of why I am so against trading OBJ is that if you keep him, he's the blazing speed guy (as we saw in the Jets and Cowboys games this year). 

Agreed on Njoku, forgot to mention that. If we are planning on trying for a title this year (which, if we get Lawson and David, we ABSOLUTELY should!) then that 4th round pick is NOT helping us in that pursuit as much as Njoku.

• Like 1

Not a bad off-season, depending on ones point of view.....

Personally, I think the trades are bad, selling our #1 WR for a 2nd, I wont kill you for that, trading Njoku for a 4th, I think my thoughts are very clear on I think this is the worst move proposed....we have an offense that's AFC divisional round ready RIGHT Now, and you want to go and trade our #1 Wr and (at the end of the year) our best TE.....OK. I also dont like the trades mortgaging future draft capital. And lastly , with our core of players, we are going to need cap space, Sign Lawson and Levonte David (who turns 32 during this coming season) and we say goodbye to Chub and Teller.....I wouldnt swap out those 2 for the 2 we'd be loosing in FA....also dont like doubling down on LB's with our top pick and crazy FA money...our D Coordinator wants to run a 4-2-5....I dont see the heavier investment in LB's than in DB's.

Draft is not bad....I think Ifeatu MeliFonwu-CB-Syracuse in the 2nd is a huge overdraft. I could live with Collins in round 1 (if Morwhig is gone)....I like grant...widing up with 4 picks in the 2nd round feels a little "Madden'ish". Also dont like the concept of swapping out OBJ for Tutu Atwell and the 7th round kid from FSU...how does that improve us, how does that get us closer to beating KC than keeping OBJ and Njoku? IF Higgins (assuming we resign him) and Landry had to miss time, are we cool with starting these two kids along with DPJ and no Njoku at TE (and lets say that Hooper is missing that week also?)

Just from where I'm sitting, and my mindset for saving money to pay our OWN home picked or home developed talent, not to mess with the Offense that took us to the AFC division game last year, only adding to it, and focusing on getting Joe Woods the players he needs to run his PREFERRED style of defense. I think this off-season would be counter productive to all those goals.

I'm not downing your efforts, well thought out. We just see how to move this team forward very differently.

P.S.: Love the Cat in the Lime Helmet with the "We Ride at Dawn" caption LOL

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:
3 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Jarvis is 5”11 maybe 

I’m talking about a true outside guy/not a slot :) 

Uh, so he is good with Landry when he plays outside but it doesn't count because he is a slot guy? He struggles with OBJ whether he is in the slot or outside but since you consider him as an outside guy that defines Baker's struggles with outside guys under 6'?

I dunno, I don't really think it matters. It would be nice to have a guy who can get separation, don't really care that much about height. All things being equal give me the taller guy but we don't need or want a guy to throw up 50-50 balls to, we have that in OBJ and that doesn't work well.

12 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Is there any proof for this?

I would guess that OBJ is the proof? That is really the only WR he has struggled with. I guess Callaway would be another example, his success rate was about the same as OBJ but he has been nothing since he left.