Pro Day/ Combine testing times:

Ozzy

30 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Prior to the Adoree Jackson signing, I thought CB would be a consideration for the Giants at 11.  After these pro days, not sure either of Surtain or Horn even make it out of the top 10.  Wouldn't be surprised if both ended up in the NFCE.  One to the Eagles, one to the Cowboys.

Edited by Gmen

I feel like this year more than ever I could care less about the test numbers. Like, Jaycee Horn should not go in the top 10. His tape isn’t bad, but he gets burnt quite often by ‘meh’ receivers in college. He shouldn’t go ahead of Farley IMO. His value should be late 1st-early 2nd. Not sure why everyone thinks his tape is super impressive. I like him as an overall player, but not as a cover guy, if that makes sense. I don’t think he’s ever gonna have his own Jaycee Island, if that makes sense. 

10 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

I feel like this year more than ever I could care less about the test numbers. Like, Jaycee Horn should not go in the top 10. His tape isn’t bad, but he gets burnt quite often by ‘meh’ receivers in college. He shouldn’t go ahead of Farley IMO. His value should be late 1st-early 2nd. Not sure why everyone thinks his tape is super impressive. I like him as an overall player, but not as a cover guy, if that makes sense. I don’t think he’s ever gonna have his own Jaycee Island, if that makes sense. 

You’ll take the guy who has back issues? 

Antjuan Simmons:  Very disappointed day for him, that is a very slow 40 time for an apparently athletic linebacker who can make plays.  Had an amazing season on the field and some huge games against big time competition but really bad numbers here.

4.83-4.87 40 at 5-11 218.

Sadarius Hutcherson ran a 4.95 40 and had 36 reps at 225, very solid for him at 6-3 321.  Was never super amazing by him on the field but might be worth another look.

7 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

I like Horn but yeah late 1st to early 2nd is his range.  He looks like the best corner in the draft in that Auburn game this year where a majority of his season and or career highlights happened.  He was great in that game with 2 INTs and a few good tackles.  Did not look like that in every game and yes I agree did get beat up by receivers who were nothing great.  A few times earlier in his career he really got beat down consistently.  Those two INTs against Auburn this year were the only of his career which is odd, and he had 4 passes deflected in that game also.

Speaking of Caleb Farley, he cannot do his pro day because he is having back surgery?  That is freaking scary as hell if I was a NFL team I must say, especially when reading what the procedure is.  And there was no better time to do this when he has not played football in well over a year?  Last game he played of football was November 23rd 2019.  Why did he not do this a few months ago if not a year or two ago?

"removing a damaged portion of a herniated disk in a patient's spine with the intent to treat pain that radiates down arms or legs, according to the Mayo Clinic. A microdiscectomy is done via a much smaller cut in the patient's back and involves usage of a small camera to locate and remove the damaged disk."

https://www.nfl.com/news/virginia-tech-cb-caleb-farley-will-miss-pro-day-due-to-microdiscectomy

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

You’ll take the guy who has back issues? 

Yep. Farley, if healthy, is an ELITE prospect. Worth the risk. His tape is unbelievable and he has the physical profile to match up on anyone. He doesn’t really have a bad film. Farley pretty much eliminates the deep ball from your offense on 1 side. Jaycee Horn tested like a freak, but he’s routinely caught chasing WRs from behind. It’s not like I hate Horn—it’s just that he’s not close to Farley IMO. And from what I’ve heard, the back thing is gonna be a non-issue. He’ll be ready for camp. The surgery is non invasive and simple.