Pro Day/ Combine testing times:

Ozzy

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

That time by Phillips is impressive, surprised his hands are that small I would have thought he would have the bigger hands than Rousseau but I guess not.  Not a bad time for Rousseau for such a long dude.  Jordan I would have though might be a bit faster than that but still a solid time.  

26 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

How much hype would Oweh be getting right now if there was a nationally televised combine?

He still most likely moved himself into being a 1st round pick with that workout possibly.  Could be a good fit with Baltimore assuming Rousseau, Paye and Phillips go ahead of him.  Parsons had a great workout as well and a great 40 time also, he has far better tape than Oweh does as well.  

But yeah it would be a lot bigger of a deal if it was at the combine.  People freaked out when Isaiah Simmons ran a 4.39 at the combine then you have Parsons doing the same thing and he is not a semi safety like Simmons was.  Oweh would be curious how he looks in coverage, could drop as a 3/4 OLB a lot but not sure he would be that good back there so in that respect his speed is not all that important compared to his power and quickness off the ball.  Speaking of power did he not bench at his pro day?  Parsons had a solid 19 reps at 225.  

Jaelan Phillips (6'5, 260) vs Myles Garrett (6'4, 272) vs Nick Bosa (6'3, 266) vs Bradley Chubb (6'4, 269)

40: 4.56 vs 4.64 vs 4.79 vs 4.65
VJ: 36" vs 41" vs 33.5" vs 36"
BJ: 10'05" vs 10'07" vs 9'8" vs 10'01"
3 cone: 7.01 vs N/A vs 7.10 vs 7.37

Even adding .1 to his 40 time for being a pro day, Jaelan is right up their with other EDGE 1s from the past few years

Edited by haveyoumetdustin

15 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I didn't see the broad jump or the short shuttle, maybe I missed it

Id say maybe 50% of guys are doing agility stuff anymore. Don't blame them. DK Metcalf is probably a top 10 pick if he didn't run a shuttle/cone. If I run a 40 that's in the top 75% for my position, I'd jump and then shut if off. 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

For a guy his size, the time is more than OK.    If he profiles like a Kareem Hunt type RB, straight line 40 is the least important physical trait.   Burst, explosion, quick feet and change of direction (and good hands for the pass-catching) are the traits I want to see physically (where vision, decisiveness and blocking are the intangibles/film component to add to what I see on film).   Williams checks all the boxes there.

Williams' measurables for explosion (vert, broad) and change of direction (3-cone) really mirror the tape - he's a legit 3-down threat.    If he's on the board at 2.8 when Denver is on the clock, I'd have no problem backing him (frankly, Rd2 is the sweet spot to find elite ceiling RB).

I agree mostly. I just think he was a fringe 1st rounder. A 4.4 would have, IMO, solidified him as a 1st rounder. I think he goes in the 2nd for sure now. I still think he's a beast. I just think it takes a special talent to go in rd.1 as a RB.

Wow.  I expected Rousseau to test better.

Him not having eye popping numbers while also not playing for a year could make him slip.  Hard to fall back on the tape when the tape is over a year old and has him winning with athleticism.

Still a first rounder fo sho, but Paye and even Phillips might go before him now.

2 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

Well there goes Jaelan Phillips being a sleeper. I think both Phillips and Rousseau are top 10 pick caliber. They won’t go that high, but it wouldn’t shock me.

The combine numbers they put up were very impressive and they both have fantastic tape and production. 

All of the Hurricane EDGE players scare me off. Whether it be injury history or questionable speed off the edge, I am really not interested. 

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

All of the Hurricane EDGE players scare me off. Whether it be injury history or questionable speed off the edge, I am really not interested. 

I think that would be a mistake. Rousseau is gonna be a stud as a base LDE and then wreck havoc as a 3-tech on passing downs. Easy $$.

Phillips is complete. Just needs to avoid concussions. A risk, sure. But he has 15+ sack potential. Can’t ignore that.