Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

…..? Are you suggesting all humans reject a basic biologically programmed function or it’s “their fault?”

Absolutely not, and theres more than one way to get HIV obviously. What im saying is thank goodness we had people treating HIV patients back in the day even though they could have contracted it themselves (however low the odds) in the process and its something that could have been avoided (somewhat). It would be absolutely awful if that happened, and i mean that sincerely.

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Maybe I misunderstand GSU, but I don’t think obese people are a risk to my health and others around me. Also, unless you’re religious, I imagine it’s easier getting a shot in the arm than to completely changes ones lifestyle. If there was a magical pill or vaccine to lose weight, I imagine almost everybody would take it.

If you want to compare them to cigarette smokers, that kinda makes more sense.

But @ET80s thing was resource allocation. Theres limited doctors/nurses and medicine, by that obese person choosing to eat foolishly, they knew there an added risk it could lead to things that needed medical attention. They took away a doctor/nurse based on a choice they made. And we can use cigarette smokers too. And youre right, theyre directly harming others with 2nd hand smoke.

But again, lets get real, this is all extremely foolish. As I already mentioned, this never gets implemented in real life, and id be shocked if anyone taken seriously would dare to suggest it. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I mean clearly if I walk outside and get hit by a lightning bolt I made the same choice as somebody who decided not to get a vaccine.

I've argued it for two days - some people are intent on being willfully obtuse.

I'm so happy we have an ignore function nowadays.

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Or driving a car for chocolate chip fudge's sake

That’s a good point.

Certain vehicles are more deadly than others to drive. Some provide better protection in collision accidents, but you’re completely screwed if those vehicles roll over.

It’s why the “choice” argument isn’t the greatest. You create a slippery slope to analyze all aspects of society and question where to draw the line.

• Like 2

Well the two people I work with who have been about as anti-vaccine (not anti-vaxx overall) as possible just told me that they're going to get it once it becomes fully approved. That's huge because if they can flip, that gives me a ton more hope for a drastic change in numbers. 

• Like 2