Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

8 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

as long as we can agree to start letting all the fatties "go", ill spare you of the list.

So... you have one example and are trying to extrapolate that to a communicable disease that is passed on from individual to individual, with no real discrimination, that has an effective solution that is right now proving to work.

Outstanding.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Nah - I'm not doing this out of a sense of vengeance or anything. I don't want anyone to die

I'm simply stating that you allocate resources accordingly. Even if a hospital isn't at capacity, it doesn't mean it won't be at capacity if you make exception after exception...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ET80 said:
1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm serious. I doubt there's a single MD or RN actively practicing who hasn't been somehow damaged long term by this. We have to recognize that burnout among the limited supply of healthcare pros that we have is a threat to our healthcare system, and act accordingly.

Deprioritize the care of any non-vaccinated COVID-19 patient without medical justification for the no-jab status after a certain date. I'm not saying those people shouldn't be treated if we have capacity, but other priorities including screenings and routine care should take priority.

I am. 

I agree.

if they dont like it, let them find an anti-science doctor on cragislist if they need one

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

So... you have one example and are trying to extrapolate that to a communicable disease that is passed on from individual to individual, with no real discrimination, that has an effective solution that is right now proving to work.

Outstanding.

No, i said id spare you of the list... remember? My next idea is to refuse care for anyone who has smoked a cigarette, ever. I can keep going if youd like. 

But its not really the point. Ifs cool ok to let some people who ignore medical science go without care, but not others. And of course theres no real reason. Its not cause it can infect others, as its extraordinarily likely that youll be fine if you caught covid and have the vaccine. So its the unvaccinated at risk.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

While I don’t work bedside any longer, I still have plenty of friends who do.  They’re ******* tired, overworked and frustrated because these same jackasses who don’t trust medical science seemingly have no problem rushing to the hospital when they get sick.

They’re tedious *******s who are doing nothing more than continually crapping in the community pool and then complaining when people try to clean up their mess.

Until they’re really sick, then it’s a problem that someone else needs to fix.

I ask this sincerely, from the percentafes i can find, the healthcare industries vaccination rate almost mirrors the general population. Is that correct? And in my search, a nurses union in ohio is against mandatory vaccination. is it true theres hesitancy in our own healthcare system?

7 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

No, i said id spare you of the list... remember?

Don't stop on my behalf, doctor.

My next idea is to refuse care for anyone who has smoked a cigarette, ever.

Sign me up (former smoker, at that). 

I can keep going if youd like. 

Please - enlighten us. I didn't ask you to stop, remember?

8 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

But its not really the point. Ifs cool ok to let some people who ignore medical science go without care, but not others.

No, because this is a communal issue despite your belief - if I drink myself to a liver disease, that's on me and the consequences are mine to own. If I don't get vaccinated, get Covid and infect others, then the consequences are on all of those who are infected.

This is very, very simple. 

10 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Its not cause it can infect others, as its extraordinarily likely that youll be fine if you caught covid and have the vaccine. So its the unvaccinated at risk.

Yeah, you know the Delta variant is infecting vaccinated - right? You know Delta isn't the only variant we're going to have to deal with, right? What does Epsilon look like? Zeta? Eta? Theta? 

If you can't tell me that specifically, then you have zero room to talk (and no, you can't tell me that specifically).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Don't stop on my behalf, doctor.

Sign me up (former smoker, at that). 

Please - enlighten us. I didn't ask you to stop, remember?

No, because this is a communal issue despite your belief - if I drink myself to a liver disease, that's on me and the consequences are mine to own. If I don't get vaccinated, get Covid and infect others, then the consequences are on all of those who are infected.

This is very, very simple. 

Yeah, you know the Delta variant is infecting vaccinated - right? You know Delta isn't the only variant we're going to have to deal with, right? What does Epsilon look like? Zeta? Eta? Theta? 

If you can't tell me that specifically, then you have zero room to talk (and no, you can't tell me that specifically).

yes, im well aware that the vaccinated are getting infected, i never thought that getting the vaccine meant not getting covid. youre aware of the % of vaccinated people who have been hospitalized, correct? I believe its .004, but i could be off by a thousandth of a percent. Again, its extremely likely that if youre vaccinated, youre no longer in serious danger. So with that in mind, youre saying we shouldnt treat the unvaccinated because theyre a danger to .... the other unvaccinated people. Thumbs up?

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

So with that in mind, youre saying we shouldnt treat the unvaccinated because theyre a danger to .... the other unvaccinated people. Thumbs up?

No, I said what I said in plain English:

29 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Can you tell me the next variant is going to be as easygoing on the vaccinated? Let's take it a step back - do you know how variants occur?

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

No, I said what I said in plain English:

Can you tell me the next variant is going to be as easygoing on the vaccinated? Let's take it a step back - do you know how variants occur?

I do. But i dont think you understand what Im saying. We may (or may not) need hospital beds in the future. There could be a more severe, deadly variant in our future (although its less likely that variants become more deadly), or heck, we could have a whole new pandemic. Cause you know, it could happen. So regardless if we have beds available, we should start turning away the fatsos now, so that if and when we need those beds, even if its many, many months in the future, we should do so. The fats will either lose weight and get healthier or they dont which is their own fault. 

7 hours ago, Xenos said:

Okay, let me clear up the confusion then since you seem to be confused yourself.  Beasley is wrong and represent the people that are holding us back from getting back to normal. No gray area here. It’s black and white with someone like him. And he deserves to be called out on it and condemned for not only choosing to be unvaccinated but also for the misinformation that he’s spreading.

And honestly, you had some good points going until you chose to defend someone like Beasley. That’s a silly molehill to die on.

Not defending Beasley at all but one thing that bothers me about people is all they do is talk about getting vaccinated and it cures all and no one is talking about getting healthier.  No one is pushing diet and exercise.  It's only the vaccine.  Why can't all three be done together? I can play devil's advocate and say the people that are fat and unhealthy are holding us back.  They are the ones that are dying.  I still see overweight people throwing garbage into their shopping carts.  We are being offered doughnuts and fast food to get the vax.  And no one bats an eye. So for you to be able to call out Beasley, then we should be able to call out all the people living unhealthy lifestyles that won't change.  If this is a serious respiratory problem then why aren't we going after the smokers?

Again, not defending Beasley, just bringing up a point that bothers me.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Not defending Beasley at all but one thing that bothers me about people is all they do is talk about getting vaccinated and it cures all and no one is talking about getting healthier.  No one is pushing diet and exercise.  It's only the vaccine.  Why can't all three be done together? I can play devil's advocate and say the people that are fat and unhealthy are holding us back.  They are the ones that are dying.  I still see overweight people throwing garbage into their shopping carts.  We are being offered doughnuts and fast food to get the vax.  And no one bats an eye. So for you to be able to call out Beasley, then we should be able to call out all the people living unhealthy lifestyles that won't change.  If this is a serious respiratory problem then why aren't we going after the smokers?

Again, not defending Beasley, just bringing up a point that bothers me.

Why? Because the quickest way for this pandemic to be over is for everyone (barring medical reasons) to get vaccinated. The other things you mentioned are long term solutions that should be mentioned but don’t immediately resolve the issue at hand. Priority #1 is getting vaccinated. 

• Like 1